Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Cathay Pacific 747-8 Cargo - Tokyo to Nagasaki...

This is my first travel across Japan after the (long overdue) installation of the Japan Update. I've picked, here, the Cathay Pacific 747-8 Cargo for my subject a/c, an airline I've come to love since my earliest days of FS2004 with that (stock) B747-400. Of course, the appearance of the Cathay Pacific livery has progressively got better in our SIMs, culminating in what I think was a classic and beautiful rendition of the B747-400 (BCF = Boeing Converted Freighter) model of the Cathay Pacific (BareMetal) livery...in one of our earlier SIMs...by one of the esteemed re-painters around here...🙂... (search for "iFly 747-400BCF Liveries", if you wish to...). 

I noticed that several Japanese airport sceneries came bundled (free) with this Japan Update, one of which was Nagasaki Airport. This airport has long been one of my points of interest and curiosity because of the fact that it was a (novel) engineering marvel of its time, the first airport in the world to be built on the ocean and thereby regarded as the world's first offshore airport (since then a few others have followed suit). 

Actually, the airport was built over an existing island in the adjoining Ōmura Bay, with additional areas (painstakingly) reclaimed from the ocean, around the shores of the island. The construction process involved the challenging work of flattening some of the island's hills, and the even more challenging task of persuading the 13 households that were living on the island to relocate. I've included one overhead image of the airport (my concluding shot, below), in which you can also spot, in the background, the Mishima Ohashi Bridge that connect the airport to the mainland of Nagasaki. I would say this (free) rendition of this Nagasaki Airport by MSFS is quite remarkable.

Landing on Nagasaki's Runway (I've landed on ILS Runway 32 - several shots included below) is like threading a needle...🙂...with the runway thresholds starting and ending just at the edge of the water...

Cathay Pacific operates 14 Boeing 747-8F freighters in its current fleet. Hope you enjoy this collection of images...of Cathay Pacific flying in Japan...between Tokyo (RJAA) and Nagasaki (RJFU) ...! 

Thanks for viewing...!

SgPp43.png

pfarav.png

MtTf4Q.png

qoXZQT.png

zt15IU.png

7mJuAq.png

Pk2kbO.png

RGHt3T.png

WcF0eN.png

AJYDso.png

4iLjCZ.png

Wiurcx.png

I0Mzh6.png

dnyIHZ.png

X0gFSZ.png

7J8G92.png

m8fixL.png

wlmIN6.png

sQeayT.png

isYJez.png

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Beautys, for me it is always a pleasure to see a 747 flying around and it is still the Jumbo !!

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 4

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Most Interesting post, very good shots. And it's true, it's the Jumbo, 747 heavy is really true. 🙂

As you say it can be seen in the sims that the Japanese have a lot of their airports build into the sea, Nagasaki is another beautiful one.

It's also very impressive to see that they build hundreds and thousands of industrial areas on platforms into the sea all over the country.

There is wonderful freeware scenery for the entire Japan available for Aerofly4 at Flight-Sim.org as well, all handpainted hd orthos.

It's around 60 gb total and I have it, will show shots later. This alone makes it worth to install the sim.   

Edited by andiflyit
  • Like 3

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

3 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Cathay Pacific operates 14 Boeing 747-8F freighters in its current fleet.

Cathay Cargo ......😎

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Superb!!!!

• Like 3

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Glad to see you getting the most out of your Japan Update (belatedly 🙂).

• Like 1

Great shots! One of my favorite 747 liveries! And to top it off, one of my favorite Asian airports as well! Hoping to see the working B747-8F (with operating cargo doors) in the sim soon!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Beautys, for me it is always a pleasure to see a 747 flying around and it is still the Jumbo !!

cheers 😉

Agree, pmplayer.... The Jumbo never goes out-of-style...🙂...

17 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Most Interesting post, very good shots. And it's true, it's the Jumbo, 747 heavy is really true. 🙂

As you say it can be seen in the sims that the Japanese have a lot of their airports build into the sea, Nagasaki is another beautiful one.

It's also very impressive to see that they build hundreds and thousands of industrial areas on platforms into the sea all over the country.

There is wonderful freeware scenery for the entire Japan available for Aerofly4 at Flight-Sim.org as well, all handpainted hd orthos.

It's around 60 gb total and I have it, will show shots later. This alone makes it worth to install the sim.   

Aerofly4 sounds good for this very special region of the world...hitherto relatively ignored in our past SIMs ...

17 hours ago, vadriver said:

Cathay Cargo ......😎

...🙂...You're absolutely correct, John M. And It's good to know that at least a few folks are reading the words I write...🙂...

13 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

Superb!!!!

Thanks, Patrick ...!

10 hours ago, John F said:

Glad to see you getting the most out of your Japan Update (belatedly 🙂).

Yes, John, better late than never...🙂...

9 hours ago, rmeier said:

Great shots! One of my favorite 747 liveries! And to top it off, one of my favorite Asian airports as well! Hoping to see the working B747-8F (with operating cargo doors) in the sim soon!

Thank you. Yes, that would be certainly nice, but it's still a long way from the 747 Grade you have been used to in P3D...🙂...

Will:

Thank you for your comment…Appreciated. Cheers…!

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 3