Posted (edited)

They are to release an update, via Discord:

## V1.0.1 - (March 10, 2024)

- Resolved performance issues due to downwash effects

- VHF Radio screen flicker resolved

- Changes to C&D FLT Files

- Improvements and fixes to the in-sim checklist

- Top Ramp Door status text fixed on EFB

- Changed logic for side door: Top hatch and bottom stairs can be operated independently

- Changed logic for back ramp and slide: Fixed issue in which adding a load may result in the slide not extending

- Fuel tanks in EFB renamed to "AFT AUX"

- Copilot side search light missing emissive map fixed.

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

It looks very nice, but in the big chopper department ( fnarr fnarr ) I'll probably wait for a decent CH-53.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

3 hours ago, Matchstick said:

I think it's too stable personally but as @regis9 says it does have a nice feeling of mass and inertia too it.

I did actually wonder if it was a bit too stable, but it will be interesting to see how it flies after they move to the native dual rotor flight model coming soon.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

So I got it and frankly a bit disappointed. It is common knowledge that two blade produce way more vibrations that conventional tail rotor . There are none in MSFS version not a slices! In fact Chinook feel unrealistically very way to stable. There is no manual that comes with aircraft. Autopilot that suppose to keep altitude and heading doesn't work. That list can continue... This my first product of Militech and it feel like Carenado 😞

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

What I thought would be a straightforward familiarization flight at KHLI ("I'll just see if I can start up the engines") turned into a couple of hours of playing around.  There's a lot to appreciate with this one and she definitely proves that big girls can be fun!

oNbOsUN.png

US96qVf.png

4TtBsAD.png

orfNTj4.jpeg

Very cool to have sling loads... Grandpa and the kids appreciated getting a better boat...

oAa3O9i.png

tLjNUvX.jpeg

• Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

5 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So I got it and frankly a bit disappointed. It is common knowledge that two blade produce way more vibrations that conventional tail rotor . There are none in MSFS version not a slices! In fact Chinook feel unrealistically very way to stable. There is no manual that comes with aircraft. Autopilot that suppose to keep altitude and heading doesn't work. That list can continue... This my first product of Militech and it feel like Carenado 😞

Manual is here: https://docs.miltechsimulations.com/v/miltech-simulations-ch47d/

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Got it as well and would advise anyone to not buy it right now. For me, it is practically unflyable. I can fly helicopters only in VR, and the click spots for many instruments are not operable in VR for me. The worst are the condition levers. I can't properly operate them even in 2D, but in VR it is a nightmare. Simple 2-way switches work alright, but anything with 3 or more positions (like the APU switch) is inaccessible.

In addition, it appears to be quite light on systems right now. I couldn't even find information about fuel planning in the manual.

On a positive note, it looks and sounds great. I am sure they will fix all of this eventually, but for now it is a no-buy from me.

Peter

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Just a few details I’d like to clarify:

- the flight model has been validated by CH47 Pilots and Technicians. She’s a heavy and stable beast and flies as such in the sim

- AFCS (Autopilot) is non functional on initial release as per described in the product description. The flight model is changing in a couple of weeks with SU15, and that will affect autopilot as well. As such, we have decided to temporarily postpone this feature. But we have a system fully developed from scratch for the aircraft.

- No vibrations atm due to performance and stability. This is known that may cause issues for some users, and decided that would be best to release without. Once the product is stable, we’ll look into adding these “cosmetic changes”

- Manual is available on our site, linked on the product page. Its being constantly edited as we receive feedback, and as such its fully online for now but will be available in PDF once its “completed”

hope that clarifies a few details! :) 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, qqwertz said:

Got it as well and would advise anyone to not buy it right now. For me, it is practically unflyable. I can fly helicopters only in VR, and the click spots for many instruments are not operable in VR for me. The worst are the condition levers. I can't properly operate them even in 2D, but in VR it is a nightmare. Simple 2-way switches work alright, but anything with 3 or more positions (like the APU switch) is inaccessible.

As for this - unfortunately we do not have access to VR Testing. Would be great if you can get in touch with us as im unfamiliar with VR. Your feedback would be beneficial to improve in that aspect 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The worst are the condition levers. I can't properly operate them even in 2D,

ECLs use the stock “click and drag” MSFS interaction method, make sure your interaction settings are set to Modern in your MSFS Settings. This probably also applies to the issues you are having with other switches.

fuel planning in the manual.

Not too sure what’s your expectations on that regard. Anything you’d like to see on the manual let me know and will be added.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miltechsimulations said:

As for this - unfortunately we do not have access to VR Testing. Would be great if you can get in touch with us as im unfamiliar with VR. Your feedback would be beneficial to improve in that aspect 

I would love to help. I have all your other products as well and really like your creations. The Chinook will soon be great as well, I am sure. I will send you a PM here on Avsim.

2 hours ago, Miltechsimulations said:

ECLs use the stock “click and drag” MSFS interaction method, make sure your interaction settings are set to Modern in your MSFS Settings. This probably also applies to the issues you are having with other switches.

Not too sure what’s your expectations on that regard. Anything you’d like to see on the manual let me know and will be added.

I am not sure, I didn't find "modern interaction settings" in the options, but I think I use that: I am not using fancy settings and assign all keys and controller axes directly in MSFS.

Regarding fuel: stating the average fuel consumption per hour or per 100nm would already go a long way. Sure, I can get those numbers for the real rotorcraft, but I have experienced gross discrepancies in performance data with other developers. It would be nice to get the numbers directly from the manual.

Peter

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, qqwertz said:

Regarding fuel: stating the average fuel consumption per hour or per 100nm would already go a long way. Sure, I can get those numbers for the real rotorcraft, but I have experienced gross discrepancies in performance data with other developers. It would be nice to get the numbers directly from the manual.

Will get that info and add it to the manual. 

As for the other stuff - will reach out to you via PM in the morning. 

• Like 1

Looks fantastic. I'll buy it as soon as it accepts the TDS GTN 750.

Jack Sawyer