abrams_tank

PMDG 737 Max to release during PMDG 777 variant cycle

1 hour ago, Ilari Kousa said:

Which variant of the max strikes your fancy?

For me neither but if I was forced to choose Max8 for sure.

3 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

Can’t really decide… the 9 is nice for United and Alaska ops. The 8 is better for Southwest. I want both! 😊

19 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

In reality, I like flying the Max 9 more than the 8.  They're both good planes, but the -9 has a smooth crispness to it.  A similar thing can be noticed between the -800 and -900ER.  To PMDG's credit, a bit of this does come through in their flight modeling of these variants.

In terms of sim use, the -8 is no doubt the more versatile plane, making places like BUR, SNA, LIH etc more realistic.  

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

In reality, I like flying the Max 9 more than the 8.  They're both good planes, but the -9 has a smooth crispness to it.  A similar thing can be noticed between the -800 and -900ER.  To PMDG's credit, a bit of this does come through in their flight modeling of these variants.

In terms of sim use, the -8 is no doubt the more versatile plane, making places like BUR, SNA, LIH etc more realistic.  

In the sim i find the 900 to be the easiest to land. Especially compared to the 700 that can be all over de place sometimes. 

I’m really looking forward to the MAX’es. Differences will offcourse be subtle but something that i like.

5 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

the -9 has a smooth crispness to it.  A similar thing can be noticed between the -800 and -900ER.

Very interesting! Is there any information on why this is the case?

On 3/29/2024 at 5:32 AM, UrgentSiesta said:

Very interesting! Is there any information on why this is the case?

Not that I've seen... I imagine an engineer somewhere probably knows.  We're talking small differences of course; it can't fly like a completely different airplane or anything or it wouldn't be part of the common type.  My guess would be just more weight and a longer arm, combined with control rigging.  All of the Max family have slightly more crisp roll control owing to fly by wire spoiler programming vs the old hydraulic aileron/spoiler mixing unit.

The -700 is pretty pitchy in reality, being short-coupled compared to the -900s.  It's fun to fly but there's a bit of adjustment when you haven't flown one in a while.

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

As long as this failures are realistic. 🙂

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

PMDG's failures have always been the best around.  It's pretty amazing how many they've got in the NG series.  It's a given they won't include any sort of trim runaway scenario of course, as they should not.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

You can always simulate one yourself if you like. I get why Americans are so sensitive to these things but tbh if I were Boeing I wouldn’t necessarily oppose putting one in…

2 minutes ago, Ilari Kousa said:

You can always simulate one yourself if you like. I get why Americans are so sensitive to these things but tbh if I were Boeing I wouldn’t necessarily oppose putting one in…

Forgot to say, the Mad Dog has one..:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 3:47 PM, Ilari Kousa said:

I'll probably get the MAX8, as I already have the 737-700. I don't care much about body variants, so I didn't buy more than one variants of the NG, but the MAX is different enough, and in that case it's nice to have a bit of variety in fuselage length too.

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

If this is the cockpit quality I pay every price!

Rather impressive and sad at the same time that PMDG cares more about it's products and won't just throw something out there, while Boeing is flying real people around the world and has lost there standards, throwing anything out there. 

On 3/27/2024 at 11:59 AM, thepilot said:

They are just getting antsy that iFly might release their MAX first...

I seriously doubt that PMDG cares. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440