Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737 Max to release during PMDG 777 variant cycle

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I seriously doubt that PMDG cares. 

On the surface I know they'll say they don't. But the RSR is a business man and as a business man I'd suggest he'd rather not have competition to deal with

• Like 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

5 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I seriously doubt that PMDG cares. 

Isn't it funny how PMDG started sharing more details on the MAX just when iFly began posting screenshots of theirs in MSFS? 

23 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Isn't it funny how PMDG started sharing more details on the MAX just when iFly began posting screenshots of theirs in MSFS? 

Why would that be strange?  It's the obvious thing to do.  Some people might well only commit funds to one or the other.

29 minutes ago, thepilot said:

They haven't shared any more details than they already did ages ago.  They said a long time ago the MAX was coming out in-between the 777 variants, or around them.  Nothing has changed.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

35 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Why would that be strange?  It's the obvious thing to do.  Some people might well only commit funds to one or the other.

Exactly my point. 

28 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

They haven't shared any more details than they already did ages ago.  They said a long time ago the MAX was coming out in-between the 777 variants, or around them.  Nothing has changed.

They said it was coming at some point, but withheld more details as recent as April 2022:

[08APR22] PMDG 737 for MSFS Developer Update - Entering the Home Stretch - PMDG Simulations

"The initial release phase is focused on the Next Generation series and we are not yet publishing any information about MAX."

In November 2023 the plan was still "to drop it ouf nowhere", Robert's exact words:

JT welcomes PMDG and The Pilot Club (youtube.com)

Only recently, and probably in response to the iFly previews, did PMDG say it was coming in between the 777 release cycle.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Exactly my point. 

They said it was coming at some point, but withheld more details as recent as April 2022:

[08APR22] PMDG 737 for MSFS Developer Update - Entering the Home Stretch - PMDG Simulations

"The initial release phase is focused on the Next Generation series and we are not yet publishing any information about MAX."

In November 2023 the plan was still "to drop it ouf nowhere", Robert's exact words:

JT welcomes PMDG and The Pilot Club (youtube.com)

Only recently, and probably in response to the iFly previews, did PMDG say it was coming in between the 777 release cycle.

Yeah, agree with all that, but it's still all the same info and nothing really changed from the get go.  He didn't really nail it down that much.  Although from 2022, yeah, maybe...lol, but in 2023 they've pretty consistent on the messaging.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Will the 737 MAX get a new cockpit, or is the default PMDG 737 cockpit used but with just three bigger TFT screens on the main panel? With a whole new state of the art visual quality cockpit the release sounds very interesting. 🙂

A 737-400 with Smiths Industries EIS would be very interesting too, maybe PMDG is also going to make a classic version of the 737 some day.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JetCat said:

Will the 737 MAX get a new cockpit, or is the default PMDG 737 cockpit used but with just three bigger TFT screens on the main panel? With a whole new state of the art visual quality cockpit the release sounds very interesting. 🙂

PMDG isn't going to make a whole new cockpit for their MAX. They will just reuse the current 737 NG cockpit, but of course, modify it for the MAX.  I don't see what the point in making a new cockpit is for, as long as the cockpit is accurate for the MAX.  The PMDG 737 NG cockpit is fine and most people say it is fine as well.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

PMDG isn't going to make a whole new cockpit for their MAX. They will just reuse the current 737 NG cockpit, but of course, modify it for the MAX.  I don't see what the point in making a new cockpit is for, as long as the cockpit is accurate for the MAX.  The PMDG 737 NG cockpit is fine and most people say it is fine as well.

Well, they did say they were using a brand new MAX as a reference for the cockpit modeling, and that would be reflected in the final product. On the other hand... PMDG are the masters of recycling. It will be interesting for sure how it turns out to be.

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, thepilot said:

Not at all. It was obvious that PMDG would be modelling the entire MAX series for MSFS on the day that Boeing introduced the MAX to the public.

That's like asking, "Wouldn't be funny if Ben & Jerry introduced a new ice cream flavor with a crazy name?". 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

If the MAX cockpit has significant differences to the NG, then I would expect PMDG to model this in their simulated version. Despite the comment above about PMDG being "the masters of recycling", they do not generally release products with "cut and paste" content from another product.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png