Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Inibuilds EGLL Updated to V3.1.0 - Problems

34 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

inimanger works fine for me, except on release day of big products.

Great!  I am genuinely glad for you.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Strange that experiences seems to vary so wildly though. I guess that I'm one of the lucky ones. Sounds like your experience has been more in the arduous/relentless/toilsome/Herculean/no picnic category 😵 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Strange that experiences seems to vary so wildly though. I guess that I'm one of the lucky ones. Sounds like your experience has been more in the arduous/relentless/toilsome/Herculean/no picnic category 😵 

It has been the story of MSFS and the associated products since day one really.  Individual experiences vary so wildly.  The IniManager is the only issue I have at the moment, so I'm not doing too bad. :smile:

We have to accept a certain amount of hassle to contend with our hobby I suppose with things being so complex.  
There are also the other minor annoyances in the background, such as the tiling issues, the regressions, and the convoluted login / update process as you mentioned recently, but nothing is perfect, and it is counterbalanced by the excellent addons we do have, including free stuff like the LOD manager / Auto FPS etc.

There is such a lot to look forward to, but I am really apprehensive about Asobo stuffing things up during updates, and even how MSFS2024 will turn out.
Anyway, I hope IniBuilds get their act together with IniManager, as I really want their A350 when it is ready.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

We have to accept a certain amount of hassle to contend with our hobby I suppose with things being so complex.  

Absolutely. Still remember the days of Ortho4XP…

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

it's now fixed.  i had to do two updates in a row for it to show the options.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I say that, and now it won't launch. I jinxed myself

Anyways

kUX9wAs.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

yep  can confirm its  fixed  i deleted  it  from  my community folder  and  did   the  full install didn't  have  to do any  updates  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Agreed, Contrail wins this contest. And I’m looking forward to that day in the future (that we all know never comes) when we can install all addons using one manager…

It already exists and its called Marketplace.  

Edited by tyrodes
typo

Slightly embarrassing that they failed for the third or even fourth time with an update resulting in a different folder name. 

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

17 minutes ago, tyrodes said:

It already exists and its called Marketplace.  

There are by far not all addons available via marketplace. Besides the obvious disadvantages of marketplace addons...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I say that, and now it won't launch. I jinxed myself

Anyways

kUX9wAs.png

At least that one is fixable, so you should be all good to go after following the instructions.  
My update / download problems aren't easily fixable unfortunately.

Looking into it a bit deeper, it seems to be related to my 5G connection - the manager doesn't like it. 
But why IniManager doesn't like it and everything else is fine with it is a strange issue. 

So in my view they are the outlier - they need to fix this issue in the new version of the manager.
I really hope they do, as they will be making products I am interested in buying in the future.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

But why IniManager doesn't like it and everything else is fine with it is a strange issue. 

Check your firewall settings for the iniManage app, perhaps?

Fairly easy with Windows firewall to mistakenly not accept connections for certain apps (well, for me anyway).

Edit: Did the app install correctly? No AV intervention that quarantined a file or several?

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Check your firewall settings for the iniManage app, perhaps?

Fairly easy with Windows firewall to mistakenly not accept connections for certain apps (well, for me anyway).

Edit: Did the app install correctly? No AV intervention that quarantined a file or several?

Thanks for trying to help.  The app is installed correctly and is always fully updated to every new version that comes out. 

And is fully functional up until I want to update a specific product.  Even then, it downloads to start with (I have had the A300 up to about 2.7 gig on the download bar, which shows there is no firewall issue), but then it starts jumping backwards in stages, sometimes back down to as low as low as a few hundred megabytes, and then ultimately the app just blinks out - it just crashes to desktop. 
Part downloaded items are in the IniBuilds cache, and I clear them after every event (as they suggest), but which also proves there is no firewall blocking them.

There are a few of us with the same issue.  I have tried it with Windows Firewall and ESET Security completely disabled (not that I like to), but still no joy. 
It is something quite specific to those of us with the issue, but like I say, everything else works.  Orbx, PMDG, Simmarket etc. 

MSFS and the updates and the marketplace are perfect (apart from the low speeds sometimes of course).

IniBuilds can't solve it (I have tried everything they suggest, including on the forum threads about the issue), so they tend to default to giving out direct download links on request to those with the issues.

I have wasted too many hours now, so I will wait for their version two of the app which is being completely re-written apparently.

Edited by bobcat999

I installed the update with no problems, however the VDGS docking system seems not to be working, the relevant file does exist. To be honest I have only made one flight so far so I might be a bit premature. As others have stated, if I go back into Inimannager it tells me that EGLL is not installed. It has always said that and now I ignore it!