Sign in to follow this  
Danthepilot77

Msfs steam version won’t stop running after exit

Hello,

since the latest update, anytime I run msfs (steam) and then close out. It still shows running in steam and I go to stop it, just hangs. The only way to stop it is to close steam and restart. It’s not even showing  running in task manager anymore…..any ideas? Started happening it seems since latest update….

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Gave up. Full format and reinstalling the entire sim from scratch now.  Kept running kept trying to update etc. 

Edited by 40track

5 hours ago, Danthepilot77 said:

Hello,

since the latest update, anytime I run msfs (steam) and then close out. It still shows running in steam and I go to stop it, just hangs. The only way to stop it is to close steam and restart. It’s not even showing  running in task manager anymore…..any ideas? Started happening it seems since latest update….

I also had that problema, but I can't explaine better, it solved by it self for the last 3 days...

6 hours ago, Danthepilot77 said:

Hello,

If this happen to me I close the Stem application and that is.

Rolf Niemi

Try closing it through Task Manager, that always works for me.

• Like 1

In my experience of the nuisance, it happens with some addons, not always the same.. I suspect that the endless updates create minor incompatibilities which hamper the closing. I finish the closing with the task manager when it happens.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have used  the Stop button from Steam. Also I noticed if I exit first to the main menu and after that exit from the sim it works fine. I think might be related to Fenix also (if you used that).

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

I find the full screen setting causes havoc on closing. Also Alt-tabbing out during full screen will always cause MSFS to vanish from tasks but addons and steam think its still running. Have to log out of w11 and log back in to clear as no process/app showing in Task manager. Also same can happen if I close/exit sim full screen. Steam thinks its still running and STOP hangs. Soooo. I always start and setup sim in window mode now, switch to full screen when ready to fly. Then if i need alt tab out or close app I go back to windows mode (Alt-Enter).

This seems to have fixed all the above issues for me and some more. YMMV as they say!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

That have happened to me as well from time to time, I just closing it through Task Manager, it's nothing that keeps me awake at nights, it usually resolves itself with the next update.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |