Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Started MSFSF this morning, weird things

I just started MSFS, my default aircraft was supposed to be the Fenix, and instead it was  the 747.. I saw a screen pop up for about 2 seconds that said there was an upgrade in the marketplace. Then when I selected the Fenix, the livery I had been using disappeared. 

Went to market place and looked, nothing there.. Strange. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Another odd thing this morning. I started the Xbox app (loadsa trouble with) and tells me there's an update for it. Yippee! They've fixed it. Clicked on 'Update', goes to Store, loads of updates, go back to Xbox....No change, still broken. I blame the W.E.F.

• Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Me too. Sim started up and asked for a disk, which I don't have.
Xbox app told me it had issues with my account. I logged out of the Xbox app en restarted.

Next thing I know, MSFS is starting in Dutch: always a sign for me that my profile is gone since I have everything set to English. Indeed, next thing it shows me the settings (accessiblity) window.
So I shut it down for now and try again later. If my profile is really gone I won't be flying anytime soon.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

It gave me a notice as if I were in the beta.  I'm not.  But it was nice thoughtful message about "...how long a road it's been..." and how they wanted to thank me etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Oh God! Please make it end.

**Careful what you wish for. 😣😁

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

This is a known bug and MS/Asobo mentioned it will be solved with the official SU15 release. In the meantime, if your sim starts up in windowed mode, just press ALT + ENTER to make it full screen again.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Posted (edited)

When I started FS2020 yesterday, I got the message that I had to put in the disk. It has happened a couple of times earlier also, and  I have been logged out of my xbox and Microsoft store accounts. Logging in again has solved the problem. Yesterday I was not able to log in again. After trying to solve the problem myself, I contacted MS support. They trued to help me more than two hours, but with no success. The last they did was to reinstall Win11. Today I have tried to solve it again. The last thing I was told to do was to change my password for my MS account. I did so, and afterwards my pc was restarted. After then I am not able to log in to my pc either. Now I dont know what to do.

Edited by adaniel

This bug, they should have fixed day one. Waiting for SU15 sucks. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yeah, annoying for sure.  The "insert disk" is always a sign that the connection between MSFS and the Xbox app / MS Store has failed.

Just like the 'settings fully reset and no profiles' error, it's best to close MSFS without changing anything and retrying.

Changing anything will render a new cloud save and you could then lose everything.... ask me how I know 😄

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

Me too. Sim started up and asked for a disk, which I don't have.
Xbox app told me it had issues with my account. I logged out of the Xbox app en restarted.

Same. Cannot even login to Xbox app. And thus cannot login to msfs and it asks for disk. Annoying

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Anyone else get an update to v1.37.9 earlier today (Friday)?? It fixed the starting in windowed mode snafu, updated WT instruments, Wright glider and Hughes Hercules. Some other minor updates went by too fast to notice.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JYW said:

Changing anything will render a new cloud save and you could then lose everything.... ask me how I know 😄

It is not new for me either, and the fact that we recognise it is telling.
Even if they can't prevent this from happening there should be an option to restore from a backup or previous version of your profile. I would feel much better if I knew I could restore my settings with just a few clicks. Especially the controller settings are a nightmare to redo manually and always there is something that does not work quite as well as before.

Update:
I tried again after a few hours. My profile is still not loaded so I might be screwed this time.
For some aircraft I have the settings for my Throttle Quadrant in AAO but I might need to redo all my yoke settings. Especially for the camera settings it is a horror having to rediscover which views to bind to which button/8-way button. Going to do these in AAO as well then.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Anyone else get an update to v1.37.9 earlier today (Friday)?? It fixed the starting in windowed mode snafu, updated WT instruments, Wright glider and Hughes Hercules. Some other minor updates went by too fast to notice.

Are you on beta? I didn't see any update. 

58 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Update:
I tried again after a few hours. My profile is still not loaded

So they really did it again. Can’t believe it. What a mess. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Looks like the issue has been solved for those in the SU15 Beta, with the latest Beta released today. For those who are not in the Beta, we should wait until next Tuesday 26 with the official SU15 release

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers