Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Started MSFSF this morning, weird things

16 hours ago, DAD said:

Which one? My not being able to log into Xbox account, press key to continue and insert disc issue?

I am having the 'press key to continue' issue as well - SU15 beta.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

2 minutes ago, richbonneau said:

I am having the 'press key to continue' issue as well - SU15 beta.

just went to task manager and killed both services gameservices.exe and gamesservicesnet.exe. then I was able to log into XBOX app again, see this, need to skip quite a bit until the useful content comes: 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

17 minutes ago, DAD said:

just went to task manager and killed both services gameservices.exe and gamesservicesnet.exe. then I was able to log into XBOX app again, see this, need to skip quite a bit until the useful content comes: 

I’ve been using elevated command prompt to sort things out when either Win11 or MSFS are misbehaving.

Win11:

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /analyzecomponentstore

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

chkdsk /f 

chkdsk /r 

MSFS (reinstall gaming services):

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

22 minutes ago, DAD said:

I uninstalled/reinstalled the XBOX app and it looks like I'm good - installing the new SU15 update.

• Like 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Posted (edited)

Wow, what a great afternoon I've had. First MS would crash and wouldn't start, then reinsrtalled a backup, now I can't get into MS because Xbox app won't update. Oh, delightful, now I click on the MSFS icon to try and start and it opens up the MS store!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Rocky_53
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just done a reinstall of the sim and getting the "cant sign into Xbox live message.

This is so annoying as i cant even tell if the clean install has solved my issues 🤕

Chris Howard

Weird things happening to me also, start Sim and have a screen flash up for an update for less than a second then continues loading to main menu. Have to take out of windowed mode to full screen as I normally do after I have updated.

Was fine when last used a week ago, not on SU15 Beta.

Regards

Nic

It looks like I may have it back. I wish I could help others to understand what the problem is, but I've updated the Xbox app and logged out and back into my accounts, reinstalled a backup from January, updated Win10 and after a few button clciks it seems to be OK. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Sorry the beta has the same issues that Ive seen since day 1.

No probs now as sim is working great with a silly issue.

sp

3 hours ago, Rocky_53 said:

It looks like I may have it back. I wish I could help others to understand what the problem is, but I've updated the Xbox app and logged out and back into my accounts, reinstalled a backup from January, updated Win10 and after a few button clciks it seems to be OK. 

You missed "buying a new house"..😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Rocky_53 said:

updated the Xbox app and logged out and back into my accounts

That did not help on my end. Logged into Xbox app and nonetheless did not show as being logged in. Only killing the 2 gameservice tasks in taskmanager helped me

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You missed "buying a new house"..😉

Ha ha, indeed Bob! It took me all afternoon to get thimgs working again. I 'fiddled' with so many things, I'm unsure which bit worked! :laugh:

Howard

I have now managed to log into my pc again, but I am still not able to log into my Xbox and MS store accounts. I tried to log into those accounts from another pc, and it was no problem. It makes me believe that the problem is FS2020 and not Win updates.

48 minutes ago, adaniel said:

I have now managed to log into my pc again, but I am still not able to log into my Xbox and MS store accounts. I tried to log into those accounts from another pc, and it was no problem. It makes me believe that the problem is FS2020 and not Win updates.

did you also manually kill the 2 gameservices tasks in task manager?

Phil Leaven