Sign in to follow this  
dusty_sourdough907

Boris CRJ sounds

Where?

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Posted (edited)

Boris does great audio work and the sounds were certainly a huge weak spot with the CRJ.  I hangared it long ago because of the sounds, terrible LNAV and the usual bugs.  Does anyone know if it has been improved in the last 1-2 years?  I think I completely uninstalled it but might be willing to give it a try again with Boris' sounds.

Edited by Flic1
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Boris does great audio work and the sounds were certainly a huge weak spot with the CRJ.  I hangared it long ago because of the sounds, terrible LNAV and the usual bugs.  Does anyone know if it has been improved in the last 1-2 years?  I think I completely uninstalled it but might be willing to give it a try again with Boris' sounds.

No, unfortunately not.  I redownloaded installed and flew it for the first time in about a year last week. It was such an unenjoyable flight.   All the usual bugs and navigation issues.   I love Boris' work and have his SR22, C152 and C172 packs, but amazing new sounds isn't enough to make me fly the AS CRJ.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On my side CRJ is enjoyable, I can overcome its flows when they occur, it is far less buggy than the P3D version.

• Like 2

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Hey Gang.  Quick question on these sounds.  Once purchased and downloaded, would ORBX automatically install them into the CRJ or do we need to do some config work to get them activated into the airplane?

Thanks

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Just now, DMullert said:

Hey Gang.  Quick question on these sounds.  Once purchased and downloaded, would ORBX automatically install them into the CRJ or do we need to do some config work to get them activated into the airplane?

Thanks

Nope, worked perfectly for me right after install. No configuration was necessary.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

2 hours ago, DMullert said:

Thanks

Orbx Central will install into the Community folder, not the actual CRJ aircraft's files. Once in there it will just 'work'.    To remove it, take it out of the Community folder.

• Upvote 1

Bill

So I bought the sounds. Very nice, as expected these are Boris Sounds after all.  Pulled the plane out of the bin hanger, fired it up and off for a quick 1 hour hop, ending in an ILS.  Everything seemed to be working flawlessly.  Departure, climb out, cruise all nominal. VNAV decent to the FAF altitude without issue and then just as it grabbed onto LOC/GS the whole thing went wonky and it basically was about to fly itself into the ground when I stopped it and the flight, putting my old CRJ and new BORIS into the bin hanger once again.  Pity, but as expected.

-B

• Like 1

I was going to post something similar...the sound set is great, unfortunately the CRJ still isn't.  Might be something I fly every once and a while to get some use of the great soundset but still not going to be in the regular rotation.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Will it work for those who purchased the CRJ from the MSFS marketplace?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, michaelth said:

Will it work for those who purchased the CRJ from the MSFS marketplace?

Michael

Yes 👍

Bill

I got scared at the first touchdown with the new sounds 😄 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

I’m sure it’s a great sound set but isn’t it a bit of a strange choice to do sounds for the oldest msfs aircraft that has not seen any meaningful updates for ages and that continues to have fundamental autopilot and handling issues? Can’t get my head around this but maybe it proves a good seller. Sounds are important but they don’t make a substandard systems and flight model aircraft suddenly better.

hope their next sound set choice is more relevant to me and I suspect other summers too

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10