Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre Blumberg

New volumetric clouds P3D v5.4

I was following one topic of Rayleigh in the past at LM forum, last few days I decided to work again in that "colours of sky" and besides that, I was tweaking the volumetriclouds.cfg also with information from truesky site. The results I dare to call P3D v5.9, because is almost that. The tweaking thing can be way more accurate, made by people who knows HLSL, but using my NI (natural inteligente) I made a good job. If you guys want to see that result (colors at sunset may not be accurate or pleasure most people) but I guarantee the clouds become amazing with new variables. I don't know if I can share things at google drive here, is my first post (I use FS since 1994 and use avsim for long time too, but forgot the old login). But YT links I guess is ok, the link of tweak is at video description. https://youtu.be/GruEU4sRrFE?si=sU4bhP1OX6jaL3zZ

• Like 6

What AA settings were you using?

Obrigado.

@Alexandre Blumberg

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Hi 

Is this a mode for EA on or off or both?

Regards

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

49 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

Hi 

Is this a mode for EA on or off or both?

Regards

Dan

Dan,

Works with EA on with or without volumetric clouds. 

Great work Alexandre with amazing clouds effects
and your tweak link works fine.
Thanks
RS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odaber said:

Will it also function in p3d v6?

Don´t even try the shaders, but the volumetriclouds.cfg maybe. Is tested in v5.4 only, test at your own risc.

Thanks, downloaded and installed a few days ago. I have also been using the TOGA shader and texture programs. I presume your program overrights their shaders. Correct?

Sherm

52 minutes ago, shermank said:

Thanks, downloaded and installed a few days ago. I have also been using the TOGA shader and texture programs. I presume your program overrights their shaders. Correct?

Sherm

Sherm, there is nothing to do with textures, so continue to use your texture programs normally . There are only two shaders files, is difficult to say if there are conflict with Toga shader, because I don't have it. You can see by yourself using notepad++ and compare plug-in inside that program. If you decide to not install shaders, it´s ok, you continue to have EA clouds improved with volumetriclouds.cfg installed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 8:50 AM, Alexandre Blumberg said:

The link of tweak is at video description. https://youtu.be/GruEU4sRrFE?si=sU4bhP1OX6jaL3zZ

Hey nice effort.

I plugged the files into P3D 5.3 (5.3 because 5.4 has introduced some breaking bugs LM are clearly not intending to resolve).

Where in the first couple of minutes the content error log filled up with approx. 7700 lines of shader errors relating to the changed shader files, I also had the wierdest looking clouds... ☹️

The above said, I spent this morning going through the errors and testing changes until I had successfully compiling and functional shaders.

A couple of relatively minor changes really, more info to follow tomorrow (I've other things scheduled for the rest of today).

A few pics in P3D 5.3 (post fixes).

These two show the dynamics of shading the clouds based on light direction.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Here is a nicely defined cloud shadow.

Sunset definitions.

And finally a pic of my P3D 4.5 custom dynamic lighting cloud shader as a comparision to the P3D 5.3 pic above.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
spelling
  • Like 4

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

If this horrible anti-aliasing were resolved, everything would be so good...

spacer.png

spacer.png

1440p, 4xMSAA and FXAA On 😑

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Posted (edited)

@Rogen, great effort too,

My goal is make the simulator a little better and involve the community in this effort. Sorry about the errors, actually I didn't check that in my system (content error is off), but if you can share the corrections that you made and make it better, all is good and thank you for that. I looking forward to view your corrections.

Regarding the clouds, I noticed that you need to restart the simulator a couple of times, to get the shaders correctly compiled in shader cache, after that the clouds get more volume and became nice and natural. Your P3D 4.3 is very good too.

Nice Regards

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
LOng quoted post removed.
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

@Juliett Alfa Romeo,

Agreed.  Really annoying they couldn’t fix AA in 5.4.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted post removed.
  • Like 1

Orman

16 hours ago, Alexandre Blumberg said:

Sherm, there is nothing to do with textures, so continue to use your texture programs normally . There are only two shaders files, is difficult to say if there are conflict with Toga shader, because I don't have it. You can see by yourself using notepad++ and compare plug-in inside that program. If you decide to not install shaders, it´s ok, you continue to have EA clouds improved with volumetriclouds.cfg installed.

So far everything is looking good, and thanks again for your work. I do have TOGA activated with shaders. But, there is a function within the app to clear all shaders. When I finish my current flight, I will take the step, clearing shaders and then reload everything to see how yours look without any extraneous influence. Again, thanks...

Sherm