Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Does MSFS have the best non-aircraft addons for a flightsim?

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

For sure. ChasePlane has a very good reputation. Having said that, if you have an X-Box controller and you use your X-Box controller for the camera only in MSFS, the camera system for MSFS is not so bad.

Actually, I find MSFS camera system to be probably one of the less-robust areas of MSFS.

I do indeed use a gamepad for views, but even with that MSFS is still a step behind.  For instance, we need a simple one-keypress fly-by view, a simple tower view, and custom view settings that don't mysteriously vanish over time.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, qqwertz said:

[1] There may be some news from Travis about FSCaptain in the next 1-3 months.

[2] Yes, I tested it. It is good, but not exactly what I want. I don't care too much about unruly passengers, and when it comes to flight analysis, I prefer Newsky over SLC. What I miss most about FSC is the flexibility. I could set up my own airline and tell it which airports I want to fly to; I could have several airlines; it was just about piloting, not management of admin staff or flight attendants needed. A Pilot's Life, Newsky, On Air, Neofly are all good programs, but they all have at least one feature that ruins the experience for me.

Nice we have different options.  I used APL along with PACX, which was an underdeveloped overly simple program.  I wish Travis and the gang well I hope they can do it but they have serious competition to deal with. 

I would prefer an all-in-one, but I like the fact APL has its own set of scoring criteria so don't mind running both programs as they add real routes and scheduling and all of the immersive interaction w/ SLC.  At this I couldn't part with SLC it's too good, very complex and a mega challenge to program and don't know how he's done it.  I love the airline packs albeit they're limited but all in all it's really kept me fully focused more than APL and FSC did.  SLC is super customizable and it's easy to select those user preferences.  The sophistication level of SLC is a big jump up from the old FSC.  The unruly passengers BTW is a checkbox you can disable.  And I love the interface which sits on my 2nd screen (inserted here for others who have not used SLC):

spacer.png

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

16 minutes ago, Mace said:

we need a simple one-keypress fly-by view, a simple tower view,

Every single user of FSX/P3D wants this yesterday! 

I ain't buyin' 2024 unless it's in there 🤞

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

31 minutes ago, Mace said:

...custom view settings that don't mysteriously vanish over time.

I've never lost any settings or custom camera views ever, after every update, uninstalling and reinstalling of aircraft.

Guess I'm just lucky, or its more likely that I simply just set and forget. 

• Upvote 1

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

7 minutes ago, verbal said:

I've never lost any settings or custom camera views ever, after every update, uninstalling and reinstalling of aircraft.

You're lucky.

Rhett

13 minutes ago, verbal said:

Same here, I follow the KISS method so I'm not certain it's all "luck":  no deviation from the default installation pathway and in fact have OS and MSFS on the same m.2 NVMe drive.

• Upvote 1

Noel

44 minutes ago, Noel said:

Same here, I follow the KISS method so I'm not certain it's all "luck":  no deviation from the default installation pathway and in fact have OS and MSFS on the same m.2 NVMe drive.

Default path here, and MSFS and OS on same physical drive too.

Yet, here we be.  Here we is.  And the plural of aircraft is aircraft.

Rhett

None of what you guys are discussing above comes even close to the genius of having Heathrow overrun by elephants.

3 hours ago, Mace said:

Default path here, and MSFS and OS on same physical drive too.

Another lesser known cause of this issue are unclean thoughts and since I don't have those so maybe there's something to it :wink:

Noel