Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

The new version of frame generation DLL file

Hey guys, please help.... I have followed this video by IslandSimPilot to setup DLSS3.6

DLSS 3.6 Update & the Best Graphics and Performance You Can Get in MSFS2020 (youtube.com)

He makes absolutely no mention of using Nvidia Inspector. I don't have that installed. Do I need that as I have seen other video's and discussions on Avsim where this was discussed, setting an "F" parameter?

Although the sim looks really great using DLSS with Super Resolution - Quality (better than TAA, as he states), and extremely smooth, I did not see any notable FPS increase by turning Frame Gen on. I thought I should, hence my question on Inspector.

I am using a 4K monitor with RTX4070Ti Super. I have activated the two DSR upscale options in the NVCP but I am using the native 4K resolution.

[And yeah, I know there is already a DLSS 3.7 release, but I am still trying to understand 3.6 before looking at that]

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Dear MSFS Experts

I have a problem in understanding all those upgrading mods. Since I have my new own built PC well performing with MSFS (7800X3D, RTX4070TIS-16G-GAMING, RAM 32GB 6000-36, TUF Gaming VG27AQL3A at 2560x1440) I was convinced that's simply fine and enough.

Now I see, even 4090 users still optimizing.

Please, is somebody willed to explain in brief and short whether I am right or whether I should look into FG, DLSS etc. etc.

If yes, I where can I get all the relevant information as a summary and all the download and install informations?

Thanks for any help in this and any useful information for an (oldie) beginner with all this tinkering.

Ernst

This is interesting,let me get this straight ... i need dlss swapper and dlss 3.7 for my 3080ti??

and it does what exactly?

thanks

Mike

Upgraded to 3.7.0. Yet to test. I had to download 3.7.0 from techpowerup and then import it manually into DLSS swapper to install it into my games.

On 4/2/2024 at 1:28 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

Nobody NEEDS a stinkin' 4090 😆 Happy to hear that everything is working well though. Blues skies! 

I find the odour of my 4090 to be quite pleasing.......🙂

• Like 2

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Posted (edited)

There's a lot of similar questions regarding DLSS updates, and unfortunately there's two very similar threads at the moment. I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities. 

Q: I have followed this video by IslandSimPilot to setup DLSS3.6. He makes absolutely no mention of using Nvidia Inspector. I don't have that installed. Do I need that as I have seen other video's and discussions on Avsim where this was discussed, setting an "F" parameter? Although the sim looks really great using DLSS with Super Resolution - Quality (better than TAA, as he states), and extremely smooth, I did not see any notable FPS increase by turning Frame Gen on. I thought I should, hence my question on Inspector.

A: In the video you mention, he is updating to DLSS 3.6 to get the latest updates in the DLSS technology. These updates can include improvements in performance and visual quality, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be noticeable FPS increase with every update. Nvidia Inspector is not needed unless one wants to change particular DLSS settings (e.g. preset, DLSS quality settings). 

Q: I have a problem in understanding all those upgrading mods. Since I have my new own built PC well performing with MSFS (7800X3D, RTX4070TIS-16G-GAMING, RAM 32GB 6000-36, TUF Gaming VG27AQL3A at 2560x1440) I was convinced that's simply fine and enough. Now I see, even 4090 users still optimizing. Please, is somebody willed to explain in brief and short whether I am right or whether I should look into FG, DLSS etc. etc. If yes, I where can I get all the relevant information as a summary and all the download and install informations?

A: First of all, updating DLSS is not needed. If one is happy with performance and visual quality, all is good, and there's no need to worry. I wrote a detailed guide a while back on improving visual quality when using DLSS. I fear that it might generate more questions than answers though 🙂

Q: This is interesting,let me get this straight ... i need dlss swapper and dlss 3.7 for my 3080ti?? and it does what exactly?

A: You don't need DLSS 3.7 (or any DLSS update for that matter). DLSS is incorporated in the sim, but the DLSS version is 2.4.2 from oct '22, hence quite outdated. 

Q: So to be honest, I didn't understand a single word about this DLSS, Frame generation for all RTX cards, DLSSG files, DLDSR+DLSS stuff, despite the excellent explanation work of our friend Cpt_Piett here on this forum. My question is very straightforward. I have an RTX 4090 and a large 4K screen. What would be the point for me to look into these subjects?

A: I wouldn't worry about this too much. The current DLSS version in MSFS takes care of everything that is needed to use a Nvidia GPU, with or without frame generation. There might be some benefits updating to the latest DLSS version (as I mentioned above), but it might not be worth it, and there's very little substantial information on the specific changes with each DLSS update. 

The latest DLSS versions are intended for game developers, not end users. Some games are quick to implement the latest versions, some are not. E.g. Fortnite is on DLSS 3.5, while MSFS is on 2.4.2. As simmers, we tend to obsess over getting the best performance and visual quality, and some of us are willing to do quite a lot on the everlasting quest for the "Holy Grail". 

The guide I mentioned explained how to use DLSS together with DLDSR (deep learning dynamic super resolution) for getting resolutions higher than the native monitor resolution. This is probably more useful when using 1080p or 1440p. When upscaling from 4K, it puts a very big load on the GPU, even a 4090. 

In the guide I also talk about how to update DLSS without using DLSS swapper, and how to use Nvidia Profile Inspector to get DLSS "ultra quality" (the highest default setting in MSFS menu is quality). 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

@Cpt_Piett I haven't used Nvidia Inspector in quite some time. Where is the safest/best place to download it from these days? One of the best Empire servers lol? Seriously though, if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

2 hours ago, sniper31 said:

@Cpt_Piett I haven't used Nvidia Inspector in quite some time. Where is the safest/best place to download it from these days? One of the best Empire servers lol? Seriously though, if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Well as you mention, clearly one of the Empire servers! But as it's not that easy to access those (even with the best VPN), I recommend getting the one from GitHub here: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases

If you head over to the issues section (top left) then navigate to issue #156 "DLSS related settings added", you can download the additional features that will enable selecting presets etc. Or just download the .zip here https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/files/12234465/CustomSettingNames-DLSS.zip. Then extract the contents into the Inspector folder. You will then see the added DLSS options in base profile, section 5 - common. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well as you mention, clearly one of the Empire servers!

Got it, thanks Cpt!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

@Cpt_Piett:

Your explanations are extremely useful and summarize the various and confusing, lengthy threads extremely well!

I am going to study your special contribution well, before going to modify my actual configuration.

Many thanks and best regards

Ernst

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ErnstB said:

Your explanations are extremely useful and summarize the various and confusing, lengthy threads extremely well!

Thanks, for your kind words, much appreciated. I need to take a break from both this and the other DLSS update thread though, as too much conflicting information is floating around 🙂

• Like 1