Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

April 11, 2024 MSFS Development Update

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I don't know why.😳  It's better to push this update back as far as they feel necessary versus breaking everyone's sim like they did in the past.  I don't get this gotta have it now and then complain features in the sim is broke attitude.🥴  It's like people at the airport mad their flight is delayed for a technical problem and/or weather.  Would they rather go up and crash losing their lives or wait until all issues/circumstances are resolved?😶

Everything points towards them delaying it due to the Airbus. IMO it's the best SU so far, can't see what more they can improve on without introducing new stuff. Which I don't think they would do this late in the beta. 

I can understand that people are impatient - the beta started Feb 14. Some are also waiting for the BS Duke which is delayed as a consequence of the beta. 

Btw - the screenshot with the 747 - which city? Was awake all night thinking about it...

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

A lot of people are saying the delay it is due to the Airbus, but that does not make sense.

MS / Asobo stated that they can pull it out of MSFS and put it back in completely independently of the SU's at any time if they want to, as they did when they first pulled it, about a week after SU14.
It is only an add-on aircraft after all - it isn't part of the core sim. 

As for two weeks more (more like 2 and a half), I heard they were looking at the bleed through tile issue in DX12 (not sure about the DX11 tile popping issues), but I dare say we will know more soon.

They tend to release the full SU versions about a week after the final beta update if there are no show stoppers, so there is easily time for another new update next week with a nice little update log.  :smile: 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Not sure I need any more German cities in high quality...

I‘m happy, that you don’t work for asobo or microsoft. 😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

As for two weeks more (more like 2 and a half), I heard they were looking at the bleed through tile issue in DX12 (not sure about the DX11 tile popping issues), but I dare say we will know more soon.

In this is indeed the case, I don't have an issue with the delay whatsoever. Well, to be honest, I don't mind the delay since I'm already in the beta and it's working 100% fine. Better than fine actually. I find it strange for them to implement this at this stage in the beta process though - why was it not in the first release notes back in Feb (I forget the date) - when it's been one of the major issues in the sim since... SU11?

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Where did you hear that? The last Q&A?

They should've been looking at it years ago when first reported but ho hum...

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

54 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

In this is indeed the case, I don't have an issue with the delay whatsoever. Well, to be honest, I don't mind the delay since I'm already in the beta and it's working 100% fine. Better than fine actually. I find it strange for them to implement this at this stage in the beta process though - why was it not in the first release notes back in Feb (I forget the date) - when it's been one of the major issues in the sim since... SU11?

Who knows?  You could always ask Asobo during the next upcoming twitch session.  :biggrin:

Their workings are a mystery to me as well, but they are at liberty to release fixes as and when they want to and to their timescale and nobody else's, as we know.  They seem to have different priorities.

The issues they intend to address with the next beta might not have been ready earlier, or have proved troublesome to implement, that is what would seem to be the logical answer, and if they don't have anything more to offer, there would be no point postponing for the 30th.  So there is something more to come it seems.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

17 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Where did you hear that? The last Q&A?

They should've been looking at it years ago when first reported but ho hum...

Agreed.  I have been banging the drum just as loudly as anyone else Marc, and in fact I have sent them a question on the DX11 and DX12 tiling issues for the next twitch developer session around the middle of the month I believe.

I don't expect it to be answered.  I expect Jayne will be told to filter it out or told not to ask it.  You can call me cynical if you like, but my attitude is only formed from previous experience - what else can I do?  :unsure:

The thing I don't understand is why there is not more noise generated about it from users.  Graphical aberrations in a sim that prides itself on graphics should be a major thing, yet it doesn't seem to bother a lot of people.  Strange.
Although I do note they tend to be the kind of simmers that moan if the taxi light switch doesn't make the right kind of click!  :laugh:  It is a fact that I will never understand everybody, so at my age, I give up now.

PS.  I saw it talked about on a scenery developers discord thread.  They are fed up with people moaning about the bleed through on their sceneries in DX12, so they have approached Asobo over it.
Maybe if a developer complains (rather than a paying customer :rolleyes:) then something will get done about it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Why do you re-post this stuff here????

A waste of time. Anyone using MSFS2020 should know a development update is posted every Thursday.

WOW.  What a meaningless and rude question of David.  He does it as a courtesy. Conversely, why did you post this here?  Such a waste of time.

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 12

The thing I don't understand is why there is not more noise generated about it from users.  Graphical aberrations in a sim that prides itself on graphics should be a major thing, yet it doesn't seem to bother a lot of people.  Strange.

I would expect it to have gotten more attention on the official forum as well. Just checked, and the "Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta" topic has 432 comments and 377 votes. In comparison, the topic with most activity is "Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD" with 3K comments. The latter could be much older though. Both are "bug-logged". 

Could it be that people are reluctant to be vocal about issues on their forum due to the way it's being moderated? Just a wild guess - I've pretty much stopped using the forum. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

...Could it be that people are reluctant to be vocal about issues on their forum due to the way it's being moderated? Just a wild guess - I've pretty much stopped using the forum. 

That is pretty much my attitude unless someone highlights to me a cause I want to support with a vote, then I will pop over.

I am fed up with knocking my head up against a brick wall, and the BS that one minute 'we are all trying to build a community', and next thing MS / Asobo talk about just what is important to them, and the rest gets locked out.  This is the stark reality of it. 

The only decent MSFS community I have seen is on here (Avsim), for all the good, bad, and the ugly, and all the different view points, I actually quite like the people.  And even the bad aren't that bad and can be quite humorous at least.  I love 'em!  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Why do you re-post this stuff here????

A waste of time. Anyone using MSFS2020 should know a development update is posted every Thursday.

I did suggest just posting a link to it at one stage, as it does require a bit of work for them to reformat it, but it has become kind of a tradition, and I do like reading it on here over my breakfast sandwich on a Friday morning.  :biggrin:

I can't see how anyone could have a strong objection to it though really.  Like any other thread, you can skip over it if it doesn't interest you.

I for one appreciate the time people like Dave, and previous posters like Chaotic Beauty, have put in to this over the years. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

screenshot with the 747 - which city?

Seattle, WA ( Apparently).

• Like 2

The only decent MSFS community I have seen is on here (Avsim), for all the good, bad, and the ugly, and all the different view points, I actually quite like the people.  And even the bad aren't that bad and can be quite humorous at least.  I love 'em!  :laugh:

Avsim is awesome! Sure, at times my blood pressure gets a tad high (the Dune loading screen "discussion" comes to mind) - but mostly it's just a great place for likeminded enthusiasts. Heck, just within the last 24 hrs, two mods, including the CEO has spontaneously given me advice on different topics. In fact, I've lost count of the times I've received assistance from mods on various issues. 

1 hour ago, polosim said:

Seattle, WA ( Apparently).

Aah, didn't think of that. Apologies to all Seattle residents out there!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Avsim is awesome! Sure, at times my blood pressure gets a tad high (the Dune loading screen "discussion" comes to mind) - but mostly it's just a great place for likeminded enthusiasts.

Agreed 🙂

And, I have no issues with this always being made a sticky. I would rather read about the latest MSFS update notes here than on the official MSFS forum anyway. Much easier to navigate here. 

Edited by sniper31
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Aah, didn't think of that. Apologies to all Seattle residents out there!

I'm not sure where it is, but It doesn't look like Seattle. 

Brian W

KPAE