Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

13 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

until the devs  deal with the airac problem where you have to  subscribe  every month to navigrapth for use  a recent airac otherwise  you have to use  an airac from 2021  while in simbrief is in the 2023 version is ridiculous plus traffic performance is  far from aig or fslt injectors especially cause they keep injectic traffic in too far range even ground traffic when you are 250 miles aways from airport.

has potential but   miss a lot of basic staff

IIRC, the range is controlled yourself via the FSLTL injector....

8 minutes ago, Brocky120 said:

IIRC, the range is controlled yourself via the FSLTL injector....

if you use fshud with fsltl there is no range slider cause the injection is made by fshud and there is not any setting on the menu, you can only set the renga range if you use fstl alone without atc

Patch Notes for those interested:

1.3.385 - May 11, 20204 We are nearing the end of the BETA phase for version 1.3.

1. Vectors and Speed Instructions: We have reduced the number of vectors and speed instructions to provide a more reliable environment.

2. AI Traffic Behavior: We have improved AI Traffic separations to ensure more reliable behavior.

3. Vertical Profile: We have fixed issues with the flight plan’s vertical profile to provide more accurate climb/descend instructions.

4. User Interface: We have updated the user interface to make it more intuitive and user-friendly.

We are committed to continuously improving the FSHud - Air Traffic Control application and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Intalled last version and perfomance is better, the ia traffic control and separation is the best thing implemented in msfs

Edited by motishow
  • Like 1

So it appears my stutters issue during descent and onwards is the SimConnect bug that results in abysmal performance, caused when FSHud simply connects to SimConnect. Although I have never experienced this bug with any other addon that uses SimConnect.

I have to say though, even outside of descent where I experience the stutter bug with SimConnect, the sim just runs much better without FSHud running. I know it has been said FSHud only uses CPU when injecting, but I use even more AI traffic now with AIG directly than I did with FSHud and my FPS are continuously noticeably better than with FSHud even when it wasn't actively injecting and calculating traffic (performance balancer set to stop any new injection). I get higher FPS and especially VR is much smoother and fluid because of this.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

19 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

So it appears my stutters issue during descent and onwards is the SimConnect bug that results in abysmal performance, caused when FSHud simply connects to SimConnect. Although I have never experienced this bug with any other addon that uses SimConnect.

I have to say though, even outside of descent where I experience the stutter bug with SimConnect, the sim just runs much better without FSHud running. I know it has been said FSHud only uses CPU when injecting, but I use even more AI traffic now with AIG directly than I did with FSHud and my FPS are continuously noticeably better than with FSHud even when it wasn't actively injecting and calculating traffic (performance balancer set to stop any new injection). I get higher FPS and especially VR is much smoother and fluid because of this.

But unfortunately if we want to actually avoid AI traffic with an intelligent system, this is all we have, right?  I guess the default ATC can handle AI traffic, albeit poorly?  

I took off from Tashkent with FSHud this morning, smooth as butter, and at a similarly busy Urumqi was getting stutters everywhere on landing.  Literally half the performance.  Will test without FSHud later on.  

37 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

.. my stutters issue ...

15 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

... was getting stutters ...

It's really strange that some get these stutter issues while others don't.

This is just a shot in the dark:

Did you try to edit your simconnect.xml and change all the "MaxClients" values to something higher, like 256? That solved connectivity issues I had with other apps before.

30 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

But unfortunately if we want to actually avoid AI traffic with an intelligent system, this is all we have, right?  I guess the default ATC can handle AI traffic, albeit poorly?  

I took off from Tashkent with FSHud this morning, smooth as butter, and at a similarly busy Urumqi was getting stutters everywhere on landing.  Literally half the performance.  Will test without FSHud later on.  

I have gone to using BATC with AIG and AI Flow and AI Ground. Of course it doesn't yet control traffic, but I can't use FSHud as long as I keep running into the SimConnect issue.

I'd be very interested to hear how it goes. That sounds like it may be the same issue I'm experiencing.

14 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Did you try to edit your simconnect.xml and change all the "MaxClients" values to something higher, like 256? That solved connectivity issues I had with other apps before.

Definitely worth a try.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)

As a recent user of this in VR, I feel that stopping injection has helped in reducing stutters, though I have not been able to test enough. 

I use Virtual Desktop with 36 frames locked SSW on. I’m going to try increasing my max aircraft limit to 50 parking / 50 active and as I enter VR for taxi and just before descent, I’m going to enable the limit injection to 37 frames. Hopefully this should work as it can inject aircraft in the period in between ie. Climb / Cruise to Descent and NOT when I’m actually in VR. If there are enough aircraft already active, the arrival airport should feel alive regardless of no injection. 

This is all just theory though. Has anyone tried this in VR?

Edited by Divij