I'm new to xPlane 12 (XP12) and mostly fly the Aerowinx PSX B744. 

I am having trouble figuring out  the Zoom in XP12.  I understand how to get the screens to move in and out, but I don't know what I've got when I get there.  If I set P3d at a zoom of 1.5,  I can see the the zoom setting in P3d.  As an example how do I get XP12 to the equivalent of the P3d zoom of 1.5?

Any guidance would be appreciated.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

you are probably looking for the field of view setting under graphics.

you can also zoom in and out with the middle mouse button, save the view with ctrl+numpad key then return to it with that numpad key.

both save view and go to view are configurable under the keyboard bindings.

AutoATC Developer

Posted (edited)

XP uses FOV rather than zoom, it can be set as number in the display setting.

The FOV and zoom might be different  based on your display aspect ratio, so it's hard to tell.

In P3D's view group menu, you can also set FOV, one dumb way is to set FOV via view group and see what matches your preference, and the FOV should be able to transfer to XP12, IIRC they are both vertical FOV?

Edited by C2615

8 hours ago, C2615 said:

IIRC they are both vertical FOV?

I think in XP you set the horizontal FOV. Vertical FOV will be consequently determined by the screen aspect ratio.

• Like 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Posted (edited)

Vertical FOV can be set manually when the corresponding override checkbox is active.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days