Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

AvSim causing Mozilla Firefox to crash

I'm running Firefox v125.0.1 on a W11 laptop. Getting repeated browser crashes on the Forum page.

It's fine on v124.0.2. Anyone else affected?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have heard other members over at flightsim.com complaining about Firefox recently!  Maybe something wrong with the new version?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

30 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I have heard other members over at flightsim.com complaining about Firefox recently!  Maybe something wrong with the new version?

Possibly. Just rebooted and it's stable for now. But multiple crashes earlier today. Most unusual.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Does it update automatically to the new version? I use Firefox at home and work, and it seems to be OK at the moment.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm running Firefox v125.0.1 on a W11 laptop. Getting repeated browser crashes on the Forum page.

It's fine on v124.0.2. Anyone else affected?

Clear your cookies and cache...

5 minutes ago, Delta111 said:

Clear your cookies and cache...

Done that, thanks. Seems stable now.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Does it update automatically to the new version? I use Firefox at home and work, and it seems to be OK at the moment.

Are you on 125.0.1? Another glitch just now replying to you.

If you go into Tools - Settings I see a message at the top that says "Your browser is being managed by your organisation".

Huh? I'm a private user. Should I be concerned?

LATER: It's okay... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1369981

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are you on 125.0.1? Another glitch just now replying to you.

If you go into Tools - Settings I see a message at the top that says "Your browser is being managed by your organisation".

Huh? I'm a private user. Should I be concerned?

LATER: It's okay... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1369981

You are on the latest version...There has been a lot of quirks as of late that manifests themselves in things I have never seen before..Such as, unable to copy text with right click and highlighting, without having to go to the search bar first then come back to be able to copy..Also I have always had trouble with this forum, never going back to where I left off, which is minor...I am on a Mac but have been switching back and forth to Safari (Mac browser) a lot lately...

47 minutes ago, Delta111 said:

You are on the latest version...There has been a lot of quirks as of late that manifests themselves in things I have never seen before.

The problem was only on AvSim but seems to have calmed down this afternoon. I did submit reports when prompted. So unusual as Firefox is very stable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Haven't seen anything with FF on Win 10, but I do get different versions of the site between desktop and laptop (assume I maybe got a mobile version on the laptop but haven't investigated).  Not as a result of 125.01 -- always been this way since before I transferred profile from Waterfox Classic.

scott s.

Firefox is getting really bad lately. Each new update seems to break something else.  I see it everywhere though. Overall, software development from a quality standpoint is in the toilet compared to 10 years ago. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

edit

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I’ve discovered the cause of this problem. I didn’t mention it at the time because it didn’t seem relevant. I looked at the size of my pagefile and Windows had set the max size way beyond the size it had ever reached. So I changed it from “Let Windows decide “ to a fixed size.

It was after doing this the problem started but I put that down to a new version of Firefox. Having thought about what I had changed I decided to revert to the original pagefile setting. Since then the problem has not reoccurred.

Lesson? Don’t mess with Windows! 🤣

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 4/24/2024 at 2:25 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve discovered the cause of this problem. I didn’t mention it at the time because it didn’t seem relevant. I looked at the size of my pagefile and Windows had set the max size way beyond the size it had ever reached. So I changed it from “Let Windows decide “ to a fixed size.

It was after doing this the problem started but I put that down to a new version of Firefox. Having thought about what I had changed I decided to revert to the original pagefile setting. Since then the problem has not reoccurred.

Lesson? Don’t mess with Windows! 🤣

Strange ?  Win 11 ? 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!! Also use AEFS4 and really enjoy it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Strange ?  Win 11 ? 

yes if  you look  at  the  bottom  of  his  specs  and  his  first post 🙂 

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg