jwhak

Simworks Studios Updated PC-12 Today 4-18-2024

Overall I feel the yaw issues are mostly fixed.  I was able to land in a stiff crosswind with proper technique.  The aircraft is lot heavier feeling now though...  the roll rate is quite slow especially when slow... and that may be realistic I'm not sure.

I still need quite a bit of rudder input during a coordinated 25 degree bank.

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'd agree with those observations.  Much easier to fly now though it does feel a lot heavier than I'd expect for an aircraft this size.  Obviously I have no idea though how a real one handles.

Nice update overall!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

47 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I'd agree with those observations.  Much easier to fly now though it does feel a lot heavier than I'd expect for an aircraft this size.  Obviously I have no idea though how a real one handles.

Nice update overall!

Just flew into oakland straight into 30 no crosswind though winds fairly light didn't seem to oscillate like it's behind on the rudder input. But hey never flew a PC-12 😉

I worked line service back in the day.  Looks on screen are quite deceiving with this plane they are a fairly big plane kinda like a lifted 4x4 😉 

• Like 1

Whats the new version number? Mine is 1.1.0 showing as installed on iniManager with no update prompt. I've heard issues vis-a-vis iniManager and it's installed product updates.

55 minutes ago, mdma11 said:

Whats the new version number? Mine is 1.1.0 showing as installed on iniManager with no update prompt. I've heard issues vis-a-vis iniManager and it's installed product updates.

I don't know what iniManager is.  I purchased my PC-12 at Simworks Studios Website and under my account settings it will advise you with a red circle ? mark to update.

The messed up yaw behavior has been alleviated and it is now possible to keep the aircraft on the centerline during the landing approach. However, the underlying issue is still present. It still tends to fly sideways. This can be reigned in more effectively than before, but nonetheless will make you drift off the track again.
There will be fans of this flight behavior (motto: if it is so hard to control, it must be realistic), and they should be granted it. I'm deleting the PC-12 because imho it has a fundamental problem with the flight model that requires a major overhaul rather than tweaking, and I don't see that coming any time soon - if ever.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

I have flown the new version once. The behavior is slightly less problematic. But as TomL says, it still feels you are fighting the rudder what ever you want to do with this airplane that can land at less 80kts and feels heavy (also on take off) like a small liner. What ever is going on at SWS is not helping this product which still is fantastic in the visual and sound department. 

Over and out. 

Souheil

Posted (edited)

https://simworksstudios.com/knowledge-base/pc-12-legacy/versionhistory-pc12-legacy.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Changelog of PC-12 v1.2.6 || April 17, 2024
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•  VISUALS
    • Exterior
      • Re-exported all exterior LODs
      • Optimized draw calls
      • Corrected various decal placements
      • Fixed backwards propeller on 5-bladed
      • Revised rivet textures for proper bump mapping
      • Added missing stencil and fastener decals
      • Corrected exhaust positioning + exhaust effect origin
      • Corrected exhaust cover model to reflect exhaust amendments
      • Optimized drawcall, topology of all exterior LOD's
    • Interior
      • Material clean-up
      • Added correct baggage shelf and netting
      • Re-export of all Submodel and main models
      • Various decal corrections
      • Removed floating decal artifact on pilot side
      • Moved environment occluder + clickspots in main interior model (previously utilized as submodel)
      • Added corrected cargo nets for all variants (cargo needs Baggage shelf net removed)
      • Added a large amount of missing fastener decals
      • Added mesh to carpets at seams and seat/cargo railing boundaries
      • Fixed interior door for certain LOD's not linked to animation helper
      • Corrected mis-colored LIT typeface on overhead panels
      • Corrected interior windshield rain; rain no longer flows over the heating elements
      • Revised draw calls (WIP) and topology/material utilization for all interior LOD'sampling
      • Corrected black VS/Cabin gauges at night with cockpit lit
      • Tablet brackets adjusted to not obscure screen corners
      • All interior textures revisted and revised where required
    • Cockpit
      • Reversed whisky compass animation and revised texture
    • Executive interior
      • Added clickspot on co-pilot headrest to show/hide passengers
    • Cargo interior
      • Added cargo pallets and straps
      • Added cargo shelf baggage
      • Minor adjustments
      • Added cargo payload LODs
    • Commuter
      • Added clickspot on co-pilot headrest to show/hide passengers
    • All cabins
      • Minor improvements and corrections
      • New material setup
  • AVIONICS
    • General
      • All avionics updated to latest source code version
    • EFIS50
      • Added start-up and warm-up timers
      • Refactored codebase and bugfixes
      • Corrected Autopilot annunciations
      • Autopilot NAV and APPROACH ARM and ACTIVE modes synchronised
    • Altimeter
      • Left altimeter tied to its appropriate circuit
  • SYSTEMS
    • Engine
      • Fixed bugs in condition lever operation
      • Test Lamp switch should also turn on the autotrim lights
    • Autopilot
      • Synchronised APR and NAV indications to EFIS
    • Condition lever
      • Condition lever now makes use of LOCK interface
      • Fixed tooltip names
    • EGPWS/TAWS
      • Modified "500" callout to not play when starting on the ground
      • Added TERR 30 and 60 second and activated TEST/INOP lights
      • Added TERRAIN warnings
    • GPS annunciators
      • Added power circuit to turn them off
    • Trim
      • Fixed INOP rudder trim knob
      • Redid yoke trim knob in order to fix INOP aileron trim. Tooltip cut down to basic version
    • Engine
      • Fixed bug that causes the prop blades to appear backwards
  • FLIGHT DYNAMICS
    • Engines.cfg
      • Removed 25 degrees pitch from efficiency tables
      • Adjusted low pitch settings for 4-bladed propeller
      • Modified propeller efficiency at lower speeds
      • Turned propeller from 1 to 0.5 degrees left
    • Flight_model.cfg
      • Adjusted flap induced drag
      • Increased flap drag
      • Modified steering parametres to improve ground turns
      • Revised flight model to improve yaw stability
      • Reduced rudder trim effectiveness
      • Reduced yaw moment of inertia
  • MANUAL
    • Typographic corrections

https://simworksstudios.com/knowledge-base/pc-12-legacy/versionhistory-pc12-legacy.html

Edited by bigifooti
  • Like 2

Would love to have more feedback about this new update, I'm stiull undecided about this plane (love the model IRL).

By the way, a bit of a tangent but does anybody know which scenery SWS used in this screenshot?

https://simworksstudios.com/media/catalog/product/cache/74c1057f7991b4edb2bc7bdaa94de933/p/c/pc12ext_ohden_01.jpg

This building is located in LSGL Lausanne, Switzerland, but the only 2 freeware and payware addons do not match it.

1 hour ago, Pilot2PC said:

Would love to have more feedback about this new update, I'm stiull undecided about this plane (love the model IRL).

By the way, a bit of a tangent but does anybody know which scenery SWS used in this screenshot?

https://simworksstudios.com/media/catalog/product/cache/74c1057f7991b4edb2bc7bdaa94de933/p/c/pc12ext_ohden_01.jpg

This building is located in LSGL Lausanne, Switzerland, but the only 2 freeware and payware addons do not match it.

It flies much better! Excessive yaw has been fixed . I'm using TDS NXI version and PFD integration has been significantly improved for me. There are still few minor binding bugs but it is not show stopped

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I just did a short testflight from lfsb to lsza, everything worked perfect and it was a breeze to handfly. Flew a ils approach and circled manually to land. 

McDan out 

The change to flight model in my view are only a slight improvement. Still lots of sideways flying and nearly full rudder deflection needed in turns. Now flies like a c17. I am just not understanding what is going on that after two months we are still here. It’s otherwise such a great aircraft but how do they not know how to make a decent flight model??? I flew the carenado as comparison and while I know they are vastly difftproducts, the flight model is much more convincing(!!!!!!!) and THAT is saying something. After all this wait, I was expecting something that doesn’t feel so ridiculous to fly. I don’t have pc12 experience but I am a real pilot. Back in the hangar for me. Really love everything else about the product but with this flight model I just don’t believe it (different than can I fly it / stomp on rudder to control it and constantly battle ridiculous yaw).

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

57 minutes ago, Purr said:

The change to flight model in my view are only a slight improvement. Still lots of sideways flying and nearly full rudder deflection needed in turns. Now flies like a c17. I am just not understanding what is going on that after two months we are still here. It’s otherwise such a great aircraft but how do they not know how to make a decent flight model??? I flew the carenado as comparison and while I know they are vastly difftproducts, the flight model is much more convincing(!!!!!!!) and THAT is saying something. After all this wait, I was expecting something that doesn’t feel so ridiculous to fly. I don’t have pc12 experience but I am a real pilot. Back in the hangar for me. Really love everything else about the product but with this flight model I just don’t believe it (different than can I fly it / stomp on rudder to control it and constantly battle ridiculous yaw).

Most videos I saw on youtube hand flying PC-12 pilots had yaw dumper on at all time except take off landing. I think it's for the reason. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

10 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Most videos I saw on youtube hand flying PC-12 pilots had yaw dumper on at all time except take off landing. I think it's for the reason. 

Yes but this is also with yaw damper. Coordinated turns are a lot of work, which they should. To be in a stable flying platform. I understand the interconnect system, rudder trim, p factor, and have my controls in linear response profiles. If the real thing flies like this, then I think pc12s would be crashing all over the place. It’s almost like in trying to replicate realism it somehow has gotten unrealistic in feel. They also had issues with the Kodiak flight model and yaw as well….i don’t experience this with any other developers models on yaw.  Well, I’m disappointed because I’m not feeling confident this is going to become much better. I don’t think I’ll be buying another one of their products. I’ll try to practice more but it just feels not believable to be fighting the airplane.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10