8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have had my fill of Youtube clickbaiters that mostly don't know what they are doing. I go by what I see for myself when I fly my sim, and so far  AS is nailing it. 

You really did not take a look at it at all. And this YT did know what he was talking about 

If you taken the time to take a look at the vid you would have known that both weather engines were compared to the real weather outside (meters) at  that moment at multiple places. 

And who nailed it better than the other…

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You probably did not look the vid with such a comment …

I watched the video. He knows absolutely nothing about real weather. He finds flat overcast layers boring and instead loves the apocalyptic MSFS look. He can have that preference, of course, but he shouldn't make an "objective comparison" video out of it. MSFS default weather is neither realistic nor diversified, it's just "dramatic".
For me AS has revigorated how I experience weather in MSFS, it was like I was dumbed down by 4 years of dramatic, unisone cumulus. Now with AS it feels "serious" and "study level" again, but I understand that's a personal thing and not every one wants to spend 25 dollars for this, just like people are happy with the LatinVFR A320ceo and don't need/want the Fenix. Each to their own.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

ASFS vs default live weather comparisons in 10 places - from Iceland to New Zealand.

Default weather: ASFS in passive mode

ASFS weather: preset mode

The video was made with ASFS beta 8881. 

• Like 6

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I watched the video. He knows absolutely nothing about real weather. He finds flat overcast layers boring and instead loves the apocalyptic MSFS look. He can have that preference, of course, but he shouldn't make an "objective comparison" video out of it. MSFS default weather is neither realistic nor diversified, it's just "dramatic".
For me AS has revigorated how I experience weather in MSFS, it was like I was dumbed down by 4 years of dramatic, unisone cumulus. Now with AS it feels "serious" and "study level" again, but I understand that's a personal thing and not every one wants to spend 25 dollars for this, just like people are happy with the LatinVFR A320ceo and don't need/want the Fenix. Each to their own.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If you have any desire left for plausible and realistic weather you cannot seriously consider an engine that literally does not know stratus or cirrus layers to "nail it better". MSFS is flat out missing at least 2/3 of cloud reality!
EDIT: And don't get me wrong, you can like and use whatever you want. People are different and that's fine.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

You really did not take a look at it at all. And this YT did know what he was talking about 

If you taken the time to take a look at the vid you would have known that both weather engines were compared to the real weather outside (meters) at  that moment at multiple places. 

Looking at his comments on the video he's already made his mind up that future updates won't make it any better, again a waste of time watching someone berate an app and call it a "waste" when he's already decided it's no good (for him). Which is fair enough, but yootoob sheep will hang on this every word which is the issue with all these reviews of a product that is in constant development.

• Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

Looking at his comments on the video he's already made his mind up that future updates won't make it any better, again a waste of time watching someone berate an app and call it a "waste" when he's already decided it's no good (for him). Which is fair enough, but yootoob sheep will hang on this every word which is the issue with all these reviews of a product that is in constant development.

Another Youtube BS artist. I love watching Youtube videos on different topics, but 95% of the Youtube videos on flight sim topics are a pile of word not allowed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

If you have any desire left for plausible and realistic weather you cannot seriously consider an engine that literally does not know stratus or cirrus layers to "nail it better". MSFS is flat out missing at least 2/3 of cloud reality!

In the vid it was about which weather engine mimicked the outside world at that moment best

No more no less. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

ASFS vs default live weather comparisons in 10 places - from Iceland to New Zealand.

Default weather: ASFS in passive mode

ASFS weather: preset mode

The video was made with ASFS beta 8881. 

Very nice, as always! Thanks for sharing. One suggestion would be to add in the METAR to understand what is supposed to be being shown.

In almost all of them, ASFS seemed far better to my eye.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

In the vid it was about which weather engine mimicked the outside world at that moment best

No more no less. 

Last time I used AS it was much more realistic than MSFS and I was using my real location by looking out the window, maybe he got unlucky, but he certainly needs to revisit when the app gets it's next public update as there's a lot of work going on by hifi.

It's like reviewing MSFS on day one and calling it a "waste of money" then never again after 4 years of development...

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

Last time I used AS it was much more realistic than MSFS and I was using my real location by looking out the window, maybe he got unlucky, but he certainly needs to revisit when you app gets it's next public update as there's a lot of work going on by hifi.

It's like reviewing MSFS on day one and calling it a "waste of money" then never again after 4 years of development...

I remember a few hours after ASFS was released, this one word not allowed Youtuber, proclaimed AS   was nothing more than a "cash grab". It wasn't long before people on the Facebook MSFS Group were calling it a "cash grab' and it wasn't worth buying. That is sad.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

From the comments section here's what the video author says and I quote:

"Negativity sells, that's a video I have planned that basically shows the growth of my channel and why all my positive videos do poorly and all the controversial ones do well. Humans like conflict and feeling morally superior."

He's practically admitting he's been negative for the hits 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarcG said:

From the comments section here's what the video author says and I quote:

"Negativity sells, that's a video I have planned that basically shows the growth of my channel and why all my positive videos do poorly and all the controversial ones do well. Humans like conflict and feeling morally superior."

He's practically admitting he's been negative for the hits 🙄

Comparing 2 weather engines to the real world weather in a vid at multiple places was what this vid was about.

Separately from that : negative news always sells best ….🤓

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Comparing 2 weather engines to the real world weather in a vid at multiple places was what this vid was about.

Separately from that : negative news always sells best ….🤓

Weird then because as per my post I've witnessed AS being spot on with live weather, maybe he needs to take another look.

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

Weird then because as per my post I've witnessed AS being spot on with live weather, maybe he needs to take another look.

I have had about 15 flights since I got AS, and use the Preset function, and I always check the weather with this website. https://metar-taf.com/     It has been accurate every time. 

• Like 2