Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

AivlaSoft future now looking brighter.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Time to give it up. The amount of users that use it, which is likely not very many hence they are closing, will not justify the bandwidth costs of keeping it going on a server. The program is highly likely not giving a ROI to keep the server running. Moving to another host does not change that. Time for you all to move on. 

"Facts" based on nothing at  all...😉

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That's definitely a shame, although if it can't move to "freeware" surely the license check could be disabled so those that have already purchased it can continue to make use of it.

Personally I have long switched to Navigraph Charts though, even though EFB has some features that charts doesn't .. ..

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

from what I can gather the server is only used for licence validation.

Ray, unless I'M mistaken EFB does or did show current wind barbs and weather at departure and destination. Would that not require use of their server? Also updating ARAC. Haven't used it in months but I was impressed how much they gave you for the money with constant updates. I often wondered how they managed it. 

Vic green

3 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Ray, unless I'M mistaken EFB does or did show current wind barbs and weather at departure and destination. Would that not require use of their server?

The default is to use their weather service but there’s an option to point it to Active Sky which is what I do. That weather service would be lost at end of year but if Urs is able to disable the licence check and weather service it should be useable for the foreseeable.

He mentioned it may eventually become unusable because of other Windows updates but I can’t imagine what those would be. PFPX still works fine after a few unsupported years.

AIRAC updates will continue to be available.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

even though EFB has some features that charts doesn't .. ..

For me that would include automatic taxi path and TOP CAT performance app in the EFB. And no monthly subscription fee. I think I will go back and use EFB as long as I can and save a few bucks.  

Edited by Patco Lch

Vic green

5 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Personally I have long switched to Navigraph Charts though, even though EFB has some features that charts doesn't .. .

It has some very useful features no other software can give me.

1) the ability to draw a circle around any point of any diameter. I use this for Radar Contact to help me reach my assigned altitude 40nm out from arrival airport.

2) With FSL Concorde I can create a new waypoint in the plan 55nm before landfall to assist in being subsonic. The decel point can also be added and then dragged as appropriate based on my final altitude.

AS Vic has said the automatic taxi line to and from gate - runway - gate is really useful. It would be such a shame if all this was to be lost.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot @Patco Lch

The taxi guidance was the first one that sprang to mind for me tbh. 

Have long used LNM to draw circles around airports or even help with creating accurate Point/Bearing/Distance waypoints though, that actually has a great set of tools for that.....

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I do not use Aivlasoft EFB, but I am really hoping that something can be sorted so that you guys can continue to use it.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Have long used LNM to draw circles around airports or even help with creating accurate Point/Bearing/Distance waypoints though, that actually has a great set of tools for that.....

Just came back here to post the same. 😉 LNM is one of the best and most useful addons ever created for a flight sim. Is has so much depth and offers so much options...! I doubt if anyone knows all the ins and outs of LNM (apart from the dev). In fact, everytime a topic comes by about an addon not being available anymore or being abandoned for whatever reason I immediately think DON'T LET IT BE LNM!!! The default interface may look a bit daunting and intimidating (and a bit out of date) but even that can be changed. (Heck, you can even create presets of layouts! I have a preset I use for planning and a preset for taxiing: even the size and placement of the LNM window is being saved with the preset! My taxi preset removes absolutely everything from the interface and only leaves the map in a small window in the lower corner of my (single) screen which I can easily put in front of MSFS during taxi. it's totally awesome!)

To be honest: I am not the kind of guy who donates money for freeware but I donated twice for LNM already.

Anyway, long story short: if Aivlasoft EFB ever really completely stops (or if you don't want to pay for Navigraph Charts) you should really turn to LNM and check it out. I do think a lot of the things EFB offers are also available in LNM (in some way or another). For instance SIDs, STARs, approaches (with all possible transitions): it's all there. Plus much much much much much much much much much more.

(EDIT Sorry for going so off topic LOL)

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

Some very good news posted by the Aivlasoft owner this morning…

Good news. The activation server will remain online for another year. A donor is paying the fee for another year so currently the server will be available at least until 31 December 2025. Further discussion with the donor are planned. Our main goal is to provide complete activation capabilities as long as possible, to allow all present users for any reinstall on new hardware as long as possible.

I’ll adjust the title of this topic accordingly.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/2/2024 at 4:28 AM, tup61 said:

Just came back here to post the same. 😉 LNM is one of the best and most useful addons ever created for a flight sim. Is has so much depth and offers so much options...! I doubt if anyone knows all the ins and outs of LNM (apart from the dev). In fact, everytime a topic comes by about an addon not being available anymore or being abandoned for whatever reason I immediately think DON'T LET IT BE LNM!!! The default interface may look a bit daunting and intimidating (and a bit out of date) but even that can be changed. (Heck, you can even create presets of layouts! I have a preset I use for planning and a preset for taxiing: even the size and placement of the LNM window is being saved with the preset! My taxi preset removes absolutely everything from the interface and only leaves the map in a small window in the lower corner of my (single) screen which I can easily put in front of MSFS during taxi. it's totally awesome!)

To be honest: I am not the kind of guy who donates money for freeware but I donated twice for LNM already.

Anyway, long story short: if Aivlasoft EFB ever really completely stops (or if you don't want to pay for Navigraph Charts) you should really turn to LNM and check it out. I do think a lot of the things EFB offers are also available in LNM (in some way or another). For instance SIDs, STARs, approaches (with all possible transitions): it's all there. Plus much much much much much much much much much more.

(EDIT Sorry for going so off topic LOL)

Aivlasoft EFB is much easier to use in my opinion, , and gives you everything you need for a flight, and I mean everything. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Whoever this donor is THANK YOU !!

• Upvote 2

Vic green

22 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Aivlasoft EFB is much easier to use in my opinion, , and gives you everything you need for a flight, and I mean everything. 

Except any cash in your pocket for a snack or two.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Except any cash in your pocket for a snack or two.

LOL, actually it does if you consider the subscription fee you save.

Vic green

I installed the demo trail a few weeks ago, and this for a 2nd time, once previously on another PC build.  It really is a gem and easy to see why it has its fans but like so much of our hobby different people will use a given app because it offers a feature others may never use.  That's what happened here--it just doesn't come into play beyond what LNM offers.  In some ways LNM is much leaner and faster to get where you need to go:  fast to import your SimBrief OFP, fast to see the whole route and SID/STAR and so forth including other traffic.  I'd venture a guess it is LNM that caused the downfall of Aivilasoft's product.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X