Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

It's nice that MSFS is getting all the ATC add-ons!

1 hour ago, Lord Farringdon said:

MSFS 2024 will bring " New physics and aerodynamics engine

Yeah let's see about that.   Even more important than ATC  (IMO).

3 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Helicopters don't have wings and it remains a mystery to this day how they fly at all.

Helicopters are aerodynamic blasphemy, created by bitter and spiteful engineers with neither soul nor conscience, in order to mock the harmonic laws of nature. Helicopters don’t actually fly - rather, the ground repels the foul beasts as best it can, until it can trick them into crashing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

And that is simply unthinkable. 

MS has done a lot of things that were previously unthinkable with MSFS.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, Krakin said:

Yup, I look forward to see what they will do with MSFS 2024 👍.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Who knows what our ATC future holds... MSFS is built upon Microsoft's in-house AZURE cloud services, Microsoft's in-house BING maps, and while Microsoft doesn't own OpenAI's (ChatGPT) it is OpenAI's leading investor. MSFS is more than a "game" or "simulation", it's also a cloud services technology demonstrator for the company.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 10:01 AM, abrams_tank said:

I guess this is a nice perk to MSFS users, that we are getting the latest and greatest add-ons, because of the sheer market size of MSFS. I would hate to be on the other end of the stick, and miss out on all these great ATC add-ons that are coming out (I myself just purchased and I am using BeyondATC now)

You wouldn't really have to worry that much if you were "on the other end of the stick".

On 5/14/2024 at 3:16 PM, Krakin said:

Well that's further proof of what has been obvious. Some may want to deny it but the numbers don't lie. With 2024 on the way, the competition will have to do something mind blowing to stem the tide but that doesn't seem likely.

I think it has been so "obvious" that they already changed their mind. Sayintentions has been announced for XP12 today. How fast things can change.

spacer.png

• Upvote 2

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Franz007 said:

You wouldn't really have to worry that much if you were "on the other end of the stick".

I think it has been so "obvious" that they already changed their mind. Sayintentions has been announced for XP12 today. How fast things can change.

If you were following their Discord, they always said they wanted to support XP again. They even asked their users to reach out to Austin, because they wanted Austin to help advertise for SayIntentions.AI.  That's not surprising, this was posted back in April by one of the SayIntentions.AI devs:

kTDyKab.png

The problem is, what happens after 2 years and the XP numbers dwindle again for SayIntentions.AI? Does SayIntentions.AI drop support for XP again if after 2 years, if the number of XP users are poor?

So yes, I am very glad to be on the right side of the stick.  If there are 3rd party devs that develop for multiple simulators, I know that MSFS will get the first class treatment from these 3rd party devs because of the market size of MSFS.  3rd party developers developing for multiple simulators, will almost always choose MSFS as the priority because that's where the money is.

That's the point of this thread, that MSFS is getting the best add-ons over time, because the majority of 3rd party developers are prioritizing MSFS.  The 3rd party developer scene for MSFS is the strongest it has ever been, right now.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 hours ago, Franz007 said:

spacer.png

The wording of the announcement strongly suggests that LR is offsetting some of the cost themselves. They never mentioned anything about technical issues preventing them from bing on X-Plane, yet they said this:

Announcing a new partnership between Laminar Studios and SayIntentions.AI With their support, we are now able to provide our service to ALL X-Plane 11/12 Pilots!

There's no way they go from saying 10% and rapidly declining to suddenly having enough pilots in 2 months, even with your influx of "disappointed MSFS users" fantasy.

Nothing wrong with that, of course. MS cracks open their perse plenty of times to work with third party devs as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

If you were following their Discord, they always said they wanted to support XP again. They even asked their users to reach out to Austin, because they wanted Austin to help advertise for SayIntentions.AI.  That's not surprising, this was posted back in April by one of the SayIntentions.AI devs:

kTDyKab.png

The problem is, what happens after 2 years and the XP numbers dwindle again for SayIntentions.AI? Does SayIntentions.AI drop support for XP again if after 2 years, if the number of XP users are poor?

So yes, I am very glad to be on the right side of the stick.  If there are 3rd party devs that develop for multiple simulators, I know that MSFS will get the first class treatment from these 3rd party devs because of the market size of MSFS.  3rd party developers developing for multiple simulators, will almost always choose MSFS as the priority because that's where the money is.

That's the point of this thread, that MSFS is getting the best add-ons over time, because the majority of 3rd party developers are prioritizing MSFS.  The 3rd party developer scene for MSFS is the strongest it has ever been, right now.

Yeah it's like VHS Tape manufacturers aren't around much anymore. 😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 12:01 PM, Krakin said:

Hummm.  I thought that was more like "Working Title has done a lot of things previously unthinkable with MSFS."  Same for REX and Hifi.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Hummm.  I thought that was more like "Working Title has done a lot of things previously unthinkable with MSFS."  Same for REX and Hifi.

WT did the work but it was ultimately up to MS to accept their offer and pay them well enough for them  to quit their careers to work full time on MSFS. If MS did not do what they did, WT would not have been able to do as much as they have.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Krakin said:

WT did the work but it was ultimately up to MS to accept their offer and pay them well enough for them  to quit their careers to work full time on MSFS. If MS did not do what they did, WT would not have been able to do as much as they have.

I believe you skipped over the initiative and development created/completed by WT well before any discussion or agreement with Asobo or MS.  That was totally independant of Asobo/MS and led to the recruitment and resulting agreement.  That was specifically responsible for my comment.  It was that WT initiative that then saw MS invite WT to the table.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

I believe you skipped over the initiative and development created/completed by WT well before any discussion or agreement with Asobo or MS.  That was totally independant of Asobo/MS and led to the recruitment and resulting agreement.  That was specifically responsible for my comment.  It was that WT initiative that then saw MS invite WT to the table.

Thanks for ignoring half of what I said.

27 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Thanks for ignoring half of what I said.

Just returning the favor.  

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Posted (edited)

I honestly prefer to believe / have faith and the best hopes in ASOBO and WT and the whole developers supporting MSFS 2020 or any other platform I use, because MS has "pulled the rug out from under my feet" a few times, and the last time they did it, with MS FLIGHT, marked me for the rest of my simmer life 😕

MS only sees $$$$ regarding flight simulation, at least since Bill Gates left the wheelhouse 😞

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.