Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

OrbX True Earth Great Britain South for XP12 is out now

OrbX have just released the XP12 version of their classic True Earth GB South and as with the North release a short while back there's a RIDICULOUSLY cheap upgrade fee if you already have the XP11 version.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/gbr-south-xp12

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

FInally broke down and bought both North and South. Was hoping that there'd be a bundle deal but I suspect that if there is one, it won't come until they release Central. Oh well. Looking forward to making a few flights once they've finished installing.

And to clarify OP: 85% discount for owners of the XP11 version. I don't see dates for how long that will last.

• Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Posted (edited)

I am getting it as we speak, $4.77 you can't beat that upgrade price other than free. 😄

Edited by BobFS88
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Basic question I'm afraid but could someone please tell me if the XPlane 12 version on offer is backward compatible with XPlane 11.55? - I'm still running both versions of XPlane having purchased all the Orbxs true earth products for XPlane 11.5 and dont have disc space for another set of true earth products just for XPlane 12. Cheers Pete

Edited by PBest

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

5 hours ago, PBest said:

Basic question I'm afraid but could someone please tell me if the XPlane 12 version on offer is backward compatible with XPlane 11.55? - I'm still running both versions of XPlane having purchased all the Orbxs true earth products for XPlane 11.5 and dont have disc space for another set of true earth products just for XPlane 12. Cheers Pete

No, it's not backwards compatible

Thanks Tony - Much appreciated. Looks like I need a couple more 2Tb M2 drives but the price Orbx are offering probably makes it worth it. Cheers

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

like orbx north it hammers the frames.

14ppkc-6.png

Very pleased with North and South. Looking forward to the Central region.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Malaromane said:

I'm seeing Great Britain Central listed on the Orbx Store now. Just tried to buy it but got a "Resource unavailable" error so I guess it's not officially released just yet.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/gbr-central-xp12

looking forward to this.

And now I know that you basically divide orbx dollars by 2 to convert them to US dollars, I'm not put off by the price half as much.

AutoATC Developer

problem with south is when flying tube liners into payware addons brought over from xp11, ie uk2k  luton/bristol and origami lgw when used with orbx south its hard on the frames when using the tolis and flight factor a320 for example

14ppkc-6.png

And Orbx True Earth Great Britain Central has been released now. 

• Like 3