Sign in to follow this  
I132

TrackIR4 users ...

Oh come now, it isn't a big deal. Some aircraft are just fine. In most cases it involves raising or lowering the eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg once you first get the aircraft, and you are finished with it forever after that (unless of course you want to adjust it again).Takes all of 5 minutes max.

OK...I often change seats, or views depending on what type of flying I am doing etc. To go into notebook and change something every time I need an adjustment is in my opinion not worth the trouble. It is unfortunate that something that worked so well in FS9 doesn't work in FSX. Oh well, I guess that's life. No one can just leave well enough alone.

>I am interested in this unit.>>Does this unit work correctly in FSX?>>What commands does TIR4 send to FSX to make those special>movements?>>Thanks.Please read the thread from the start and then you will realise that this device works perfectly within FSX.

Keith Sandford.

Track IR works as advertised in FSX, but FSX is not as friendly when it comes to adjusting eyepoints while using Track IR. Instead of being able to adjust things on the fly you must adjust your eyepoint in notepad for each aircraft. In other words... while Track IR is active you will not be able to move around the aircraft to switch seats etc. If you pause Track IR you can move, but as soon as you un-pause it FSX kicks you back to the original view. For one reason or another it disables the "control+backspace/ shift+backspace" type commands. If there is a cure for this, I have not seen it posted. Respectfully. Scott

You only have to change the eyepoints once.I had to do the same in some of my FS9 aircraft as well.

I'd love to have one but that much cash just toook around would earn me a whoopin' from the wife.On the other, I am proud to say I am the creator of the ToeTrack system. Just plug in a second mouse, put it on the floor and place the hollow between your big toe and index toe over the mouse and move it with your foot. I use it all the time in IL2 Sturmovik and it works far better than you would think it does. If the view gets wonky, I just recenter on my POV hat and start again. Everybody has a old mouse lying around so it's Plug & Play 4 free.(I tried all kinds of strange things with boxes and angled boards and tape, but just having the mouse flat on the floor or a mouse pad seems to work best and you don't have to peel ther mouse off your foot when you need to get up from the desk.)For sone stupid reason, I've never tried it in FSX. Don't know why. I'm going to try it right now. I guess I have to map it so I don't have to press the space bar to have the mouse control the view. I'm sure it will work fine.

Guest SkullxBones

Yeah, my biggest gripe with TrackIR is that I can't slide far enough over to the co-pilots area to adjust knobs and switches on the right side of the panel and even overheads are hard to reach as either TrackIR or FSX is limiting the lateral movement. I tried to get an answer from TrackIR if there software is limiting lateral movement, but they never gave me a definitive answer.

>OK...>>I often change seats, or views depending on what type of>flying I am doing etc. To go into notebook and change>something every time I need an adjustment is in my opinion not>worth the trouble. >>It is unfortunate that something that worked so well in FS9>doesn't work in FSX. Oh well, I guess that's life. No one can>just leave well enough alone. Can't you just use SHIFT-ENTER to raise eyepoint, SHIFT-BACKSPACE to lower, CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to move left, etc?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

No. Not with TrackIR. And in that I agree, TrackIR does not act the same in FSX as it did in FS9, but again, you can change the eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg to adjust your best eyepoint in any particular aircraft to make things better.I thought it was an issue at first as well, but have learned to 'adjust' ;)

Yup, I have trackir, got it with FS9 and now runing with FSX. A few posters have commented on not being able to move the eyepoint over to the co-pilot's seat. Balderdash, just swap views to the co-pilot's seat and carry on using trackir from there. Everyone comment on viewpoints on this thread has appeared to overlook the camera view definitions available for FSX. I am pretty sure that every two seat aircraft I own has a camera definition for the co-pilot's seat and more. Not forgetting that every camera viewpoint is adjustable in the aircraft config file. Only yesterday I was flying a Citation on a long flight and during cruise (George was flying the aeroplane) I changed to the camera cabin view and carried on with trackir from there, checking the view out the cabins windows, switching on the cabin lights on etc. I agree that FSX is not the same as FS9 so we have to adjust our thinking, the way we do our business and living with the imposts of FSX which are really minor. Trackir is still the primary add-on, if you like the concept of VC cockpits, for FS no matter whether it is FS9 or FSX. I agree trackir does take some tuning just like FSX does and that tuning includes finding the best location for the IR TX/RX as well as the movment profiles. But once that tuning is done it doesn't need any changes.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

One of the most important things is to be able to turn it off when not needed. F9 is the on and off and it is wise to program a joystick button to do it. It is possible to get dizzy if you don't.Regards,

Turn it off? Blasphemy! ;)Once you get 'trained' to control your head movement, I see no reason to turn it of and on to control dizziness. I will admit though, when I first got mine, it was disorienting. Now, it is second nature.

I never get dizzy using it. I have never ever deactivated it in a flight in Fs9 either. In FSX at times to use walk and follow to look around in the cabin and outside :). So the only button I have mapped is recenter AI and that is primarily to adjust the eye point :)

Guest SkullxBones

>A few posters have commented on not being able to move the>eyepoint over to the co-pilot's seat. Balderdash, just swap>views to the co-pilot's seat and carry on using trackir from>there.Sure you can do it that way, and you can switch to 2D panel and accomplish what you need also, but the point of using TrackIR in VC from the pilots seat is it's a lot more like the real thing. It would be better to reach the things with TrackIR that you can in real life, without having to switch seats or views. I just wish they would look into it and see if they can remove the X axis limitation.