Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

summer textures load better than winter?

Am I on drugs or does the summer textures stay loaded better than the winter with regards to blurries?Things look so much better in summer and at 250+ kts my textures will stay sharp near my plane and only loose a little focus farther out while in the VC. but winter textures appear to get more blurry....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The summer textures are significantly more detailed than their winter equivalents. I think you are more apt to notice sharpening of the summer textures over the winter ones. The effect with the winter textures is more subtle. I believe summer and winter have the same texture resolution and use the same compression. It could be one texture set gets a slightly higher compression ratio than the other. Apart from that, I'd say you were probably on drugs :)

>Winter textures are seriously bland.Last time I looked outdoors I thought winter itself looked seriously bland...I mean, come on! Snow IS bland! :-lol There are even songs written about winter's appearance, e.g.:In the Bleak Midwinter

Jase,i have to apologize for my words in your last thread. The thread has been closed, but i want to reply in public. Your posting made me angry, because FSX gets blamed for many problems, which aren't caused by FSX. Many users are trying to use old add-ons, many users are overchallenged with their PC and several users are doing bizarre things and the resulting CTDs and problems are no surprise, but often they are blaming FSX instead of searching their fault. I think there is a big risk in what you are doing, but this is no excuse for harsh words.What i have written was not meant personally against you and i hope you can accept my apology.

Interesting POV, I like to fly the sim in the USA in winter. It helps me feel cool during our hot Aussie summer. :)