Sign in to follow this  
Guest bstolle

Coolsky/Flight1 MD-80 opinions?

Hello all, I am considering purchasing the MD-80 for FSX and wanted to know any opinions people have regarding the product. I have always been a fan of the MD-80 series and this looks like it might be a pretty good addition to my hanger. A VC is a requirement for me and this one looks pretty good.Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated!Thanks

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest abulaafia

A gem. no bugs, accurate model, wonderful graphics, good frames. Includes even a teaching module for beginners. Must be one of the best add-ons out there.

Guest bstolle

Confirmed, one of the best, if not the best airliner addon.Very little impact on the framerates and I might add, very authentic sounds :)Regards BerntCapt 767

Thanks for the comments, guys. Much appreciated. :)

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

One of the best add-ons ever.Combine it with something like Xpax from HiFi and immerse yourself in the joys of flying an airliner :)

All the above echoed by me, too. Great aircraft, but there IS a learning curve to the nav/ap system.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

A superb plane, great fun to fly, feels like the real thing. However........it is subject to OOM terminations. I first got them after about an hour in FS2004. Then I selected the option NOT to load all the 2D panels at start-up, and they went away. Then they came back with FSX, until I moved some scenery sliders to the left, when they went away again.But now, with FSX SP2, they're back again. A great shame, because I really like the plane.Petraeus

Petraeus

I added it to my FSX collection yesterday, and have a few short minutes flying it around the circuit. It is an excellent piece of work from what I can judge in the short time I have flown it. I am looking forward to diving into the full systems management aspect of it, when I have time.To other owners... I have seen that there is an SP1 out for the MD80. Should that be installed over the FSX package or is it strictly for the FS9 varient? The download page wasn't specific. Thanks!

Hi Tom,SP1 was for the FS9 version only. The FSX version was all-inclusive.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest PPSFA

Been flying it for months,it is absolutly one of the best airliners produced, however as others have said, if you want 'as real as it gets' you will need to invest the time to learn the FMC. Its an early version and requires some studying.

Thanks, everybody!I'm gonna go pick her up. I like the "early version" aspect. :)

Ark

Guest PPSFA

Its especially cool if you fly in shared cockpit and split the duties :-)

Guest bjablonka

Does anyone know how it compares to Lago's Maddog?ThanksBernd

Can anyone confirm whether you get a printed manual with the CD version, please? Would like to get on and download this, since the reviews look overwhelmingly positive, but I can wait if there's a manual in the offing for a CD version.

Paul Skol