Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Anything more on the Blurries?

Guest Nick_N

Bert, I of course can not speak for Phil and what I am about to post he may have more to say or comment.You can in fact ask FSX to increase that radius but at this point in time it comes with a significant cost to resources with todays hardware.in the config file, increase the radius in values of .500000{TERRAIN}LOD_RADIUS=4.500000NOTE: When you enter the settings for FSX this value will AUTOMATICALLY revert to the Max slider setting of 4.500000 and you will need to exit FSX and tweak it up manually again in the configYou may increase this value manually and not open the settings in FSX during flight or before the flight boots however the drain on the hardware is increased and as such you may find the terrain will then sufferOne of the advantages to a large VM, fast quad and PM speed is that this can be tweaked up somewhat. When next gen hardware comes out I can see this setting having value, till then it is limited in what it may produce

First of all: I (indeed) had the setting 'Enhance ingame AA-setting' On... Turning it off enabled FSAA in FSX with FSAA disabled in FSX. So that's solved and clear now!Second: it didn't make any difference... I also tried various texture_bandwidth_mult settings (30 to 80) and I couldn't see a difference...I tested with all settings LOW (as in the screenshots I posted earlier) and all settings pretty high (as I like them) and it disn't make ANY difference at all concerning the loading of textures (fps was a bit lower obviously, but not by much: I had it maxed at 25).So, I guess indeed this is just how it's supposed to be. The textures DO load late and there is nothing I can do about it.

Guest Nick_N

I JUST got a message back they said I forgot about ENHANCED AALOL!!!!GREAT NEWS J van Ehowever not seeing any differences tells me somthing is out of sortseither Windows, background activity or FSX, one of the threeAnd I saw no advantage to the latest drivers... I am still on 169.13 beta but that is also subjective to the system

Well, setting the number of buildings to zero doesn't seem to me to be adjusting the sim for best visuals. But if you like it that way...

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Nick_N

Again something subjective to the system and user... I do not use the lines and let FSX control that but my hardware is of course able to deal with it tooTypically I would suggest a ratio of trees to buildings so at least some of the AG is enjoyed

>First of all: I (indeed) had the setting 'Enhance ingame>AA-setting' On... Turning it off enabled FSAA in FSX with FSAA>disabled in FSX. So that's solved and clear now!>Glad i could help and it works now.>Second: it didn't make any difference... I also tried various>texture_bandwidth_mult settings (30 to 80) and I couldn't see>a difference...>I also can't see a difference in the textures if i set different TBM settings. The only thing i notice is the stuttering if i set it too high.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Nick_N

suggestiontry deleting the entire FSX.cfg file (move it out of the directory for safe keeping) and start CLEANSet the silder (AND CHECK BOXES look carefully) up like this but with the following variations:1. UNCHECK aircraft cast shadows on self2. Water slider to 2xLOW3. Texture res to 1mAUTOGEN SLIDER TO VERY DENSE, not 100%4. AL and GA traffic to 30 each5. Cars to 10, boats and ships to 25FL to UNLIMITED or 30... start with UNLIMITED MAKE SURE the graphics settings are what I posted with the Nhancer settings... you missed Enhanced AA so make sure nothing else was missed ( I did say in my instructions to not use any other feature in that area so that included enahanced AA DISABLED)http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...=1200591200/5#5Make the following config changes ONLY after you set up the sliders and close FSX{display}TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=True (if you use a wide screen montior){MAIN}HideInfoText=1 DisablePreload=1USE KSEA as the benchmark flight... fly out 34L past Seattle, circle toward the Cascade Mts (right) and back to KSEA 34LSee how that doesTry dropping the AG slider in flight to 50%... and you may even try raising it because I found sometimes LOWER is not better==============================================EDIT... lets get AI out of the picture for now... set it to 25 for both at first... or even ZERO and see how things work.. once other items seem to be in place then raise AI by values of 10 and 5 and see how they play into the performance.You should see marked differences with the hardware you are running and the settings I posted to work with.. if not, I strongly suspect your system is not tuned properlythis does assume you are in fact running SP2 and it was installed correctly=============================================EDIT... forgot to post... start with TBM at 70 but exit FSX and try the same flight with it lowered too. TBM is sensitive and one of the last items you should work with. Perhaps starting at 40 would be best and raising it by 10

Guest Nick_N

AlvegaThanks for nailing this.... I forgot all about the newer drivers and ENHANCED AA being enabled by defaultI put a message out the groups and got a response that was quite funny.I have been testing an ATI card and busy with GEXn so I forgot all about E-AA being enabled by default with newer Nv drivers:)

You are quoting me out of context :-(I said: Adjusting for best performance and visualsand yes, it looks pretty good too !

Bert

>>>>>Alvega>>Thanks for nailing this.... I forgot all about the newer>drivers and ENHANCED AA being enabled by default>>I put a message out the groups and got a response that was>quite funny.>>I have been testing an ATI card and busy with GEXn so I forgot>all about E-AA being enabled by default with newer Nv drivers>>:)You're welcome, Nick. Glad i could help, wilth all the work in GEXn you can't remember everything. ;-)

Alvega

One thing that is hard to capture in screenshots, is the dynamic of texture loading.On my previous P4-2.8 system, the texture "popping" was very pronounced and interfered with the visual experience. Sometimes the scenery would get a bit "behind" and then catch up again.On my current system, the textures still update at the same boundaries, but with no delays. The autogen (trees in my case) also pops up, but lightning fast and almost unnoticeable. Even with buildings=0 I still get all the landmarks, factories, special structures etc.Hard to explain, but when everything happens nicely on schedule, it is a lot easier on the eyes and pretty soon you do not notice it anymore.Last comment: it is easy to get focussed on the "worst case" like flying out of KSEA... there are so many parts of the globe where the scenery density is a lot lower and performance is not an issue at all. :-)

Bert

Okay, I gave it a try. Looked pretty good all in all, although texture loading was about the same, maybe even a bit slower (like when turning right after passing the skyscrapers, the ground at the other side of the water stayed very low res just a tad too long).I have to say though that I might settle for water AND autogen a bit lower: fps was an average of 20, I think, and that with quite some AI (I had them AI planes off until now!) and quite some clouds (which I had also turned down to the lowest). So my settings were quite higher than before without a big penalty.Again, the high res textures load at about the same time, so I think that's just how it is...Ah, I see now you've edited some ;) I'll see what happens with lower AI and lower TBM. I have to say though that before tweaking today I had a flight with the ultralight above the Netherlands with UTX, which is still awesome and I had a great time! When I simply look forward over the 'bar' of the ultralight, all looks simply great! So all my tweaking and testing does not mean I do not like FSX at all!Thanks for all the tips, NickN, I'll try some the mentioned settings the coming days. Right now I'm going to fly a little for fun and then I have to watch soccer on the telly. ;)

Well, I am back again. ;) I just redid the flight I had earlier this evening (it's evening over here), and I have to say I am quite happy with the results! I have changed a few settings because the Netherlands is a different place than KSEA... ;)I lowered a few things but also raised a few. I lowered AI: AI is at 15, ships at 15 but... road vehicles 50%. Yes, you read that right: I just love to see those cars with UTX!!! Weather cloud coverage is at High: before all this I used to have that at Low. I have to say the sky looks prettier now! (BTW I have the weather as 32 m visibility to make things more realistic).Autogen is at Extremely dense...! I turned shadows off (don't see them anyway). The rest is about as was advised.All this gave me an fps of plus 20! Sometimes it spikes down to 18 or even 12 (for a split second), but usually it is above 20, sometimes aboves 25, up to 30 (I have it at Unlimited now). TBM is still 70 and the other settings are the same too.I have to say that for the Netherlands and UTX this all works great and yes, better than before I started all this. Textures still load late imho, but when flying aroung with the Ultralight I hardly notive it, I have to say. There is so much to be seen! And even above KSEA I don't get a slideshow, so...It looks like this and I think it looks just fine (posted as links because they are at 100%):http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lufzs&s=3http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zvdbi1&s=3Well, next question: when will GEX Europe be released? ;)EDIT:Bummer. When you click the link you see a resized picture. You can use the links at the right to see a bigger picture.

Guest Nick_N

>>>>>>>>>>Alvega>>>>Thanks for nailing this.... I forgot all about the newer>>drivers and ENHANCED AA being enabled by default>>>>I put a message out the groups and got a response that was>>quite funny.>>>>I have been testing an ATI card and busy with GEXn so I>forgot>>all about E-AA being enabled by default with newer Nv>drivers>>>>:)>>You're welcome, Nick. Glad i could help, wilth all the work in>GEXn you can't remember everything. ;-)Thats what it is all about! Team efforts... I am by no means perfect and although much of what i post is widely tested, there are always changes and variations that may exist.. discovery and sharing is what keeps the ball rolling and eveybody flying high

Guest Nick_N

J van EThis is indeed GREAT news and i am glad you are finding those sweet spots!Do be AWARE the cars WILL KILL the terrain and texture sharpeningGEXn Europe is in production as soon as Anthony gets me the tiles I will start the process of reconfiguring and enhancingUTX lighting... with USA, use the intersection lighting but leave the major road lighting DISABLED... The GEXn textures will take up the slack and the UTX intersections will add the color and spot areas to really make cities POP without the hitof course that is up to you EDIT: It really comes down to getting the 'gist' of -what- effects -what- in the sliders and box settings and how one plays on the other... each system can have its own 'personality' based on many variables and if you START with the right process in mind, it will assist you in finding those sweet spots and you will learn where your sysetm likes different areas when flying... Its a learning expereince but once you have it down, you can pretty much nail what setting is needed to be tweaked if a problem starts to show.. or isolate an addon that may be causing problemsI learn more everyday... so its a learning expereince for me as well.:)By the way.. if you replace AI with good models that do not have the gate info in their configs.. you can boost AI back up without the HIT... I run 59-59 with a combination of AI packages, WoAI, PAI, GA traffic, etc and there is almost no hit.. airports are full