Sign in to follow this  
jlohrenz

FFS SAAB 340 Panel Re-do for FSX

Guest David7700

I have been extremely interested in buying this aircraft, but was a little too late and could not before FFS closed its doors. I would love to know where I might purchase it legally (if this is even possible--perhaps one of the original devlopers you mentioned would be able to sell me a copy). In addition, I would like to be able to import to FSX--so please keep me posted on these fixes. Thanks.

Unfortunately it is not available to purchase anywhere anymore. And the other downside is I have not heard back from the developer. He is heavily involved in other projects and has not had time to assist.As well, I've been busy with real life. I hope to do one more update but there appears to still be conflicts for some who try to update this to FSX.Unfortunately this is one of the aircraft that will not work past FSX anyways due to the older models.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Guest David7700

>Unfortunately it is not available to purchase anywhere>anymore. And the other downside is I have not heard back from>the developer. He is heavily involved in other projects and>has not had time to assist.>>As well, I've been busy with real life. I hope to do one more>update but there appears to still be conflicts for some who>try to update this to FSX.>>Unfortunately this is one of the aircraft that will not work>past FSX anyways due to the older models.Well if anyone has any other ideas, please email or PM me. Thanks for all your hard work. Truly looks like a wonderful plane, and as a fan of the turbo prop, I am dying to get a 340 in my stable!Take care.

>Unfortunately it is not available to purchase anywhere>anymore. And the other downside is I have not heard back from>the developer. He is heavily involved in other projects and>has not had time to assist.>>As well, I've been busy with real life. I hope to do one more>update but there appears to still be conflicts for some who>try to update this to FSX.>>Unfortunately this is one of the aircraft that will not work>past FSX anyways due to the older models.Well if anyone has any other ideas, please email or PM me. Thanks for all your hard work. Truly looks like a wonderful plane, and as a fan of the turbo prop, I am dying to get a 340 in my stable!Take care.

While trying to fix my FFS 340 I came across this thread, so I'm hopeful that someone here could point me into the right direction.My FS9 Machine crashed recently and I've lost EVERYTHING. I did have everything on a backup disk so I still have my beloved Saab 340 and all the registration stuff etc.However........ Once it installs, it needs to go to the web-site to activate the guages..... (RATS!!) Is there anyway around this now that FFS is no longer around?Any assistance would be WONDERFUL!!! (smile)Cheers!!Steve R.

It should not require that. The Aircraft Config application has a tab where you input your name and registration information. Once you save out of that area it will say you are registered and the gauges will work.If it does not register you, then some part of your registration info is not correct.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

It should not require that. The Aircraft Config application has a tab where you input your name and registration information. Once you save out of that area it will say you are registered and the gauges will work.If it does not register you, then some part of your registration info is not correct.
Thankyou So much for the reply..... I must have messed something up then. I'll try again.Cheers!

Hmmm..... I'm an idiot!!! (smile)Just went in and tried AGAIN.... and everything works like a champ! I guess I must have gotten fat fingered on the keys the first time around.Thanks again for the information.... I was afraid I had lost one of my favorite aircraft!Now if anyone ever get's this FSX thing figured out..... I'll be watching! (smile)Many best wishes,Cheers,

Hmmm..... I'm an idiot!!! (smile)Just went in and tried AGAIN.... and everything works like a champ! I guess I must have gotten fat fingered on the keys the first time around.Thanks again for the information.... I was afraid I had lost one of my favorite aircraft!Now if anyone ever get's this FSX thing figured out..... I'll be watching! (smile)Many best wishes,Cheers,
Glad it is working for you. While it 'works' in FSX, there are a lot of oddities that you will either work around, or hate enough to go back to FS9. I've talked with one of the developers and I'd love to get the gauges updated, but that is really only a piece of the pie when it comes to this aircraft.J

Guest Lucky

Just wanted to say Thanks.This is really great.I will be reinstalling mine today.Al SibleyFlight Ontario

I came across this forum the other day and have attempted about 3 or 4 times to convert the aircraft over to FSX.Pretty frustrated because I can't see where I've gone wrong in not following the .pdf because the aircraft shows up but the PFD shows a blue screen saying that the gauges haven't been registered. The aircraft works perfectly in FS9, and flies properly in FSX, there's just no instruments.FSX is installed on a different drive to FS9 but I don't think thats the problem, just can't work it out...Any ideas?Ash

It is a picky aircraft.You may need to redirect the aircraft config utility to your new install in FSX and check the registration tab to make sure that it is registered correctly. Sometimes just pulling up this screen and doing a 'save' will resolve the issue.I did not further pursue this project as the programmer of the original gauges was unwilling to work with me to get some of these issues resolved.It's too bad too as resizing the gauges and the fuel gauge issue were the only two problems with this aircraft.Sometimes reinstalling the aircraft will resolve the issue too. It is hit or miss with the registration info and I've been unable to tie it down to one specific aerea.Did you ever install the oficial FFS 1.1 update to your saab or are you still running the 1.0 release?If not, I can e-mail you the 1.1 update.

neorecon,I did notice that when opening the aircraft config utility in FSX that it used information from the FS9 folder - to check I deleted the registration .ini file from FS9 and it showed when I opened the utility in the FSX folder that the gauges were unregistered - do you know how I can get the FSX config utility to communicate with the FSX folder?I have re-installed about 3 or 4 times with no luck and the program is updated to V1.1.Ash

Howdy folks..... I hope someone can help me out.... and in turn, perhaps this will help you too Ash.My new computer is up and running with Windows 7 Beta (64bit) running sweet. I no longer have FS9 installed on this machine so I've been a little hesitant on trying to install my SAAB into FSX.However, I ran the install and had to point it to my FSX directory. It installed fine, creating an Aircraft folder with the SAAB folders placed there.I copied the SAAB folders and pasted them into the SimObjects>Airplane directory and went and had a peek. Sure enough, the Aircraft was there listed under "Unknown" and I was able to select it fine, however, as suspected the gauges showed up as un-registered.I then exited FSX and found my Load Configuration Manager that it placed on my desktop. I ran the gauge registration program entering my information.... got the thank you note for registering and reopened FSX. The aircraft is still there and the guages now show up.... however, don't seem to work 100%..... but the VC switches do not operate.My question.... is there anything in writing somewhere that has a procedure to correctly install this aircraft into FSX...... or is this as good as it gets. (smile) Do I need to delete the tempory Aircraft directory in FSX now that the aircraft is installed in the SimObjects directory?Many..... MANY thanks for those who are pioneering getting this wonderful aircraft into FSX. I truly do appreciate your deligent efforts as this has always been one of my favorites and would make FSX so much more enjoyable.Thanks again,Steve

For the life of me, I can't understand why the "BMW of the skies", the Saab 340, has been ignored by the major developers of planes for FSX! What a great turboprop commuter aircraft. She would be my default plane if I had a reliable, beautiful VC model in my aircraft stable. Just imagine having one with realistic turboprop sounds! My Visa card would come out quickly for a worthy payware rendition of this airplane.I really look forward to any effort to bring a Saab 340 to FSX. You have my support among the many others who have enthusiastically endorsed this effort.