February 23, 200719 yr http://polypoke.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5...ECF01!219.entry:-lol Best,Owen *****<br>J. Owen Hewitt<br><br>My blog:<a href="http://polypoke.wordpress.com" target="_blank">http://polypoke.wordpress.com</a><br>Become a fan:<a href="http://www.facebook.com/polypoke" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/polypoke</a>
February 23, 200719 yr Saw that on A.net.Amazing how they just ignore the gear warning horn.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com
February 23, 200719 yr >http://polypoke.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5...ECF01!219.entryFunny! (Well, not much for the pilot. :) )Did it ever happen to an airliner?Marco "We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." [George Orwell]
February 25, 200719 yr The sterile cockpit rule might have also helped, rather than jabbering on while turning final.That's a shame._____________________________http://home.comcast.net/~jsnyder99/sigs/nameavsim.jpgPersonal Photo/Aviation Website
February 25, 200719 yr {scraaaaape}That should be a must-watch lesson video for those training on RG airplanes. :)
February 28, 200719 yr Oh, don't you just wince when you see that :-eek Seems to play fine in Firefox but not in IE7 despite the Adobe Flash Player being installed in both. Strange?!Mike
March 2, 200719 yr In the piper arrow that I fly the gears would come down automatically when the speed is low enough (unless I override it).A feature like that would have saved the day.Jason JasonFAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI
March 2, 200719 yr >In the piper arrow that I fly the gears would come down>automatically when the speed is low enough (unless I override>it).>>A feature like that would have saved the day.How low? Can you prevent it if attempting a ditching?Marco "We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." [George Orwell]
March 14, 200719 yr CRINGE!!!!a DPE at the airport I learned out of in florida was with a student and geared up a piper seminole, totaling both engines. He cried in the cockpit... I can totally understand it, and I would be interested to see the next 5 minutes of video...thanks for the share
March 19, 200719 yr Author I know this is a little late, but yes, you can disable this feature. I do it all the time with the Arrows I fly while practicing slow flight and power-on stalls. I always turn it back on, though, when I'm done. I also check my gear on base and final, too.
Create an account or sign in to comment