Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1929clhenry

Best Add-on Amphibian Aircraft?

Guest yienmaster

Hi guys. I have found that I really enjoy amphibians because I see every body of water as a potential runway, so I find more chances to experiment when I am free flying around.I currently only use the FS9 Cessna Amphibian reworked for FSX, as it has a near-FSX-quality VC, and I don't have the Deluxe version of FSX, so I don't have the Grunnman Goose.Could you guys recommend some amphibian planes I could download (freeware hopefully, but payware if you think it's REALLY good).I use the VC almost exclusively, so a good VC is a must.Thanks!

Well, it's not an amphibian, but floatplane, however you may like it :)It's Lublin R.XIII plane, a pre-WW2 Polish reconnaissance aircraft, and it's going beta in few days. Full FSX compatibe (built with FSX-SP2 SDK). Should be here, at Avsim soon. Freeware of course.http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1023/ter17gv8.jpghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2869/tervc5ja6.jpg

Michał Puto

A2A Simulations | Blockhouse-C | Twitter

Guest yienmaster

Wow. That Lublin R.XIII looks very high quality. I will keep my eyes open for that one.I guess I wasn't too clear in my original post. I am specifically looking for an amphibian, not just a float plane. I enjoy the flexability of wheels and floats.The Cessna I am using works ok, but because it's from FS9, I notice something lacking in the alpha channel maybe, or maybe it's lighting capabilities, or something. It just looks very clean and bright in an otherwise believable natural environment, and it seems to be less affected by the surrounding lighting. The default FSX planes have a much more realistic, slightly-used look to them, and seem to react realisticly to lighting.Thanks for the suggestions so far. Any more?

Guest dallis

I like this Amphib, the Nardi FN-333 Riviera. It has a really good VP, flies well and is beautifully modeled. It did drop my frame rates about in half but Iwas able to fix that by deleting the 2d panel from the panel config file, works great now. Here is an excerpt from its readme file."The classy looking Riviera amphibian is "Seabee" in Italian style... Built by Nardi and Siai-Marchetti, supposedly only 23 were built during the early 1960ies by Siai-Marcheti, the majority of them being sold to America. As every italian design, it is built to go fast. It seats 4 people including the pilot, the reversible propeller gives it superb manouverability in water (and taxi). It is a high-wing anphibian aircraft with double tailfin and pusher propeller. Read notes before flying! (FN333_check.htm, FN333_ref.htm & panel_FN333.htm, plus the document you are currently reading.This model features advanced flight dynamics, detailed external model, detailed photreal virtual cockpit and virtual cabin with night lighting, custom effects, etc." It is freeware and is available either here or, search for: MN_FN333_FSX.zipEnjoy

I concur, and also the Aerosoft Beaver and Twin Otter (the Otter is floats only, not amphib).

Too bad you can't get hold of the full FSX. The default Grumman Goose is actually really good and lots of fun to fly. Is there any way you can upgrade?Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Rockcliffe

I love my Carenado Cessna 206 Stationair amphibian. Payware for FS9 but works fine in FSX.You can also look at the freeware amphibious Turbo Otter from Premier Aircraft Design.BlairCYOW

Guest 1929clhenry

Search Avsim Library for DH2X_FOP.ZIP & DH2X_FET.ZIPbOTH ARE EXCELLENT aMPHIBIANS BY bLAISDELL 7 PREMIER AIRCRAFT. FREEWARECHUCK