Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Flight1's Mustang is coming!

>>For single aircraft add on charging the same amount of money as the FSX itself it is just not fair pricing. >>Fair is a relative term. You have to decide what anything is worth to you alone. And so do we.Some people do understand that, and it is those people that this product is marketed too. Same way with what we do for training at Flight1 Aviation Technologies.Jim Rhoads

Guest JIMJAM

If you want the plane, you pay the price.Ive paid $50 from another company for a plane with a basic VC and very limited use. Flaps,gear ect.Why? Because nobody else has it and I am not a programmer.I feel some should charge $25-30 and sell twice as many as opposed to charging double and having only harcore dedicated simmers pay up.But its their $$$$ and they control their fate.I read the hardware section and some have 5 thousand $$$ rigs that JUST run FSX.Some pay $600 for a video card JUST so they can get 5-10 fps.My sportscar gets 14 miles to the gallon.Why do I have it?Cause I am a idiot and choose to.:-lol2.6 Million + for a 4 seater mini jet with such a original name......Pocket change for some and we are complaining about $40 addons.

Guest RichardL

I have no problem paying a higher price for a quality product. Quite honestly, I care more about the flight dynamics and avionics integration. The pretty spot view graphics and complete/accurate systems modeling are less of an interest to me.I'm interested in flying the plane, not looking at it!Looking forward to the release.

Privacy? What has that do with anything? You mean, the pirates would not pirate if it was priced at "fair" value?Really?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Privacy? What has that do with anything? >>You mean, the pirates would not pirate if it was priced at>"fair" value?>>Really?>>MannyArrgh Matey}( Chris

>You get what you pay for and in this case, you are going to>have too.Jim, that is so true! In fact, this reminds me of something my late grandfather said...He said, "Son, quality is like buying oats. If you want nice, fresh oats you have to be willing to pay the farmer a fair price. On the other hand, if you can be satisfied with oats that've already been through the horse... ...Then they are a lot cheaper!" ;)That Citation Mustang deserves nice, fresh oats! :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't care how much it costs, if I could finally get a complex state of the art jet for FSX.I even don't care if it is an Airbus, Boeing, Cessna or whatever, but finally please anybody give me a short haul jet for FSX.:-bang Alex

>For single>aircraft add on charging the same amount of money as the FSX>itself it is just not fair pricing. There are many simulation add-on to FSX on the market that cost more than the FSX itself, you must be relatively new to this forum if you never heard of it, find it strange or think it is 'unfair'. Have you heard about the PMDG products? If you think it is unfair you really ought to read some old threads on the subject - the topic has been discussed thoroughly. >but they>are not as complex as other games in the market that takes>year of development and hundreds of resources. How do you know what is complex or less complex or what resources it takes to build one?. Have you done even minimal amount of research about the Ceesna Mustang? Do you know that Garmin G1000 avionics suite may in fact be much harder to simulate than a typical large FMS equipped airliner? Download Mustang's G1000 pilot's guide and it is over 500 pages - if all of this was to be simulated it would be a monumental effort since contrary to a typical airliner G1000 is such a visual tool.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>There are many simulation add-on to FSX on the market that>cost more than the FSX itself, you must be relatively new to>this forum if you never heard of it, find it strange or think>it is 'unfair'. Have you heard about the PMDG products? If you>think it is unfair you really ought to read some old threads>on the subject - the topic has been discussed thoroughly. #1 reason I dont own any PMDG products for either FS9 or FSX! All my addons for FSX cost under $50. Maybe you have heard of some of them? As for myself if an addon costs more than a full fledged PC game, I aint buying it. PC games takes years to develop and production costs are higher. 3rd party payware aircraft takes months. I'm all for supporting 3pd's however I'm not rich enough to be charitable either.Chris

>>>>I aint buying it. PC games takes years to develop and>production costs are higher. 3rd party payware aircraft takes>months. I'm all for supporting 3pd's however I'm not rich>enough to be charitable either.>>ChrisReally...???That tells me what you really know about this market and about advanced FS development packages.For instance, our Avidyne Student package took 2 years to develop. The ATR, well over a year, by the time the Mustang is done, it will be very close to a year. And you cannot even remotely compare this market to full fledged PC games. Its all about numbers and this market does not even come close to those kinds of sales numbers. Bottom line again is you know what you are willing to do, and thats cool. In the end it doesn't really matter. We know what our time is worth and you know what you are willing to pay.Jim

>I feel some should charge $25-30 and sell twice as many as>opposed to charging double and having only harcore dedicated>simmers pay up.>But its their $$$$ and they control their fate.Well, from the customer's point of view and supply/demand economics that might seem correct, but it isn't. Half the price DOES NOT mean twice the sales. If that were true I think all the developers would be doing it! In fact there have been several cheaper releases from a few different developers (not mentioning names or products) that have sold nothing compared to their more pricey planes EVEN IF THE CHEAPER ONES ARE BETTER! The traditional supply/demand ideas don't really apply to the FS payware market like they do with other things.Sorry for the OTness of the post, but I do believe it is something that people commonly misunderstand and perhaps maybe some developers might want to further explain?

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

>>>>>>I aint buying it. PC games takes years to develop and>>production costs are higher. 3rd party payware aircraft>takes>>months. I'm all for supporting 3pd's however I'm not rich>>enough to be charitable either.>>>>Chris>>>Really...???>>That tells me what you really know about this market and about>advanced FS development packages.>>For instance, our Avidyne Student package took 2 years to>develop. >The ATR, well over a year, by the time the Mustang is done, it>will be very close to a year. >>And you cannot even remotely compare this market to full>fledged PC games. Its all about numbers and this market does>not even come close to those kinds of sales numbers. Bottom>line again is you know what you are willing to do, and thats>cool. In the end it doesn't really matter. We know what our>time is worth and you know what you are willing to pay.>>Jim>Just a quick question.When you say for example that the Mustang will have taken nearly a year to complete. Does that equate to nearly 2,080 man hours or does it mean that development started on one day, and will be completed nearly a year later?Chris

>#1 reason I dont own any PMDG products for either FS9 or FSX!>All my addons for FSX cost under $50. Maybe you have heard of>some of them?Yes, I heard of them and some of them are pretty good for the money. But ultimately you get what you pay for. If you are satisfied with what you buy - good for you.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

In my case I did a freeware Debonair for fs2002/04. I figure I put about 1500 hours into it over 2 years-and that was just the cockpit. I also had help for the outside/3d model and custom instruments from Reality Xp, and help from 2 members of Flight Ontario. I figure the whole project was probably 2500-3000 hours of work between everyone-and that was freeware for a much simpler sim at a simpler time.I suggest anyone who thinks it takes "months" try doing one on your own-it is a real eye opener. :-)I did-and I'll never do it again. Even if I had put it out as payware it would not have been worth it for the amount of time put in.Thank god there are developers who will, and trust me-a huge part of it is still a labor of love.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>In my case I did a freeware Debonair for fs2002/04. I figure>I put about 1500 hours into it over 2 years-and that was just>the cockpit. I also had help for the outside/3d model and>custom instruments from Reality Xp, and help from 2 members of>Flight Ontario. I figure the whole project was probably>2500-3000 hours of work between everyone-and that was freeware>for a much simpler sim at a simpler time.>>I suggest anyone who thinks it takes "months" try doing one on>your own-it is a real eye opener. :-)>>I did-and I'll never do it again. Even if I had put it out as>payware it would not have been worth it for the amount of time>put in.>>Thank god there are developers who will, and trust me-a huge>part of it is still a labor of love.>>>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/So I'm guessing this was a first time project for you? I'm assuming your not a professional developer? #### it takes me many hours just to repaint an airplane! Why? Because I am an amatuer.If the trend starts becoming where payware aircraft start costing an average of over $50 a pop then I'm srry to that sadly my aircraft payware days will be over, and ultimately my FS days as well, as I only like to fly payware aircraft.Chris