Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Phil Taylor has had enough! No Blogging or Posting

I agree to disagree.Paxx kept repeating the nonsensical position that all of the 8800, 9600, and 9800 are the same and tried to invalidate the Tom's review. And tried to act like pointing out anything on his machine made a point other than "on his machine". As I pointed out in that thread, there is a hardware difference as shown in the nVidia product comparos and the bandwidth differences would likely show at 25x16 with high AA. I fail to see the point was reasonable, and the repetitive nature of it is what I called childish. Pointing out that repeating the same thing over and over again is childish is injurious how? Lets go on to the magic screenies. Ignoring those who still grind their axe about SP2 not living up to them, after I prepped the community for months there - here were some here who objected to my developing a content taxonomy in that there was a "moral issue" due to the magic screenies still being up and my attempting to help define what is what was wrong because of that. To address those comments at the time, I said I would try ( again ) to get the magic screenie pages changed. With that being the back-forth in the thread I feel you are painting that dialog and the removal of the magic screenies in a light that doesnt match what happened.

Guest bdg52

Hey Phil,You know what? I don't blame you one bit. But, there are far more out here that appreciate your input than those who don't. So what I say is dont let the b*s***d* get you down. That's an ole saying, but then again so am I. Hang in there. You are an exception to the rule my friend and it is much appreciated.RegardsBG

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah Geez sorry Microsoft,Exxon,At&t. Sniff sniff.Thanks for everything you have unselfishly done for us and we appreciate your efforts.

As one who probably offended Phil and others until we finally received his Taxonomy I would like to say that Phils input has been extremely helpful to 3PDs and users alike.There has been plenty of frustration to go around since FSX/RTM but it is irresponsible to lay it all at Phils feet. I would also like to express my apology to Phil if I've overstepped in this regard.Most of us remember a time when there was NO communication from MS/Aces to the community and the treatment of the "messenger" is likely the reason.The afformentioned "negative reinforcement" comment reveals the ignorance of how things work this business and community. Such activity is a stone cold turnoff to those who work extremely hard to provide top quality content. In reality, "negative reinforcment" changes nothing the decison makers have determined to include and certainly does not cause the desired effect.Why not just "cowboy up" and stop the attacks and whining:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sorry All,But it is posts like this that influence the "Phils" of our HOBBY to leave. Yes, you dislike Big Business, based on almost every post you make. But do you need to bring it up every few days? Sometimes opinions are best kept to yourself.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Phil:"You all should look in the mirror".I've read the thread at the other site also. You were wrong. The person obviously had a differing opinion from you, but since none of you work for Tom's Hardware or were privy to the tests, all comments were mere bloviation on BOTH of your parts. The problem is that when you couldn't convince him to see your point of view you compared him to your, and I quote, "3.5 year old daughter". That is a personal insult and in no way will sway ANYONE to your point of view. Secondly, the Magic Screenies were, quite frankly, a black eye for your team. Just as it is at all companies that provide a service, customers don't care whose fault it is that something is amiss, you as an employee have to eat from that same stale sandwhich. So you can't expect praise for something that should have been remedied a year or more ago. Many of us in the industry didn't believe for one second that those "magic screenies" where realistically representative of what FSX would look like in DX10 and I would lean to you having far more knowledge than 99% of us here not buying into that marketing hype either.To be sure, Avsim has been STELLAR in getting rid of anyone who personally attacks anyone else here at the forums. However, Avsim does not moderate legitimate issues or complaints. Whether YOU feel that the people making their statements should, quote, "move on" is really irrelavent. Apropos, there are just as many threads praising FSX as there are condemning it. Are your comments on moving on directed at both sets? Should the people who repeatedly praise FSX squelsh their comments as well as the detractors? I would hazard that the answer is no. And if that assumption is correct then it is simply the real world business burden of taking the good with the bad.Now, I as a customer don't appreciate your "mirror" comments on two levels. First as a customer of Aces, and secondly as as a MICROSOFT PARTNER. Your comments may be your own personal thoughts, but since you sign your posts "Aces" then that carries the weight of your company, just as if I signed my posts with my official corporate title and company name. YOU don't want to be insulted but yet you make insulting comments???I have great respect for you and your team's talents as developers and your personal technical knowledge as a fellow IT peer. In the same token, many of us here are adults and don't succomb to being "star struck". You CAN be wrong like the rest of us and your comments here to THIS community as well as to the poster on the "other" site cannot be defended. I don't think it wise to attack the people who support you, compaints or not, with their WALLETS.You're free to do as YOU see fit, but quite frankly, your comments come across more like a big temper tantrum over a differing of opinion and lack of praise towards you. Since no one is personally attacking you, I cannot see a reason for your ire directed at "you ALL".Regards,Michael P. Toussaint

Ron, Don't you agree that the attacks on Phil are at least massively reduced? There will always be some folks who post foolishly just because they can...I don't know how to stop that completely. I'm sure Phil knew that was true going into it.At this point, Phil needs to decide if the noise level negativity pushes him to the breaking point based on injuries of the past, or whether it can be viewed freshly as the noise level it is. Phil feels Paxx deserved to be called names because he stuck to his argument. Even if Phil was injured by Paxx, being the first to start namecalling is not appropriate. I suspect too much water is under this bridge for the comunication to stabilize. It appears the only "appropriate" thing to do is to beg Phil's forgiveness for the errors of others. I prefer a balanced discussion reflecting on what can be done starting now and moving forward. In that light, we need now to have the ability to have balanced discussions that can contain both positives and negatives, and that polite and respectful positions should be taken by both Phil and the community. If either Phil or the community is unable or unwilling to be respectful, whether in disagreement or agreement, then the whole thing should be respun, perhaps a break really is in order.There's nothing gained by having the only communication be one of idolizing Phil, and I remember from a previous post that he agreed with me on that.Best,Bob

Guest United

I'm with Nick. Ironically, I've read some of Phil's posts and frankly, they are WAY over my head and not because he wanted it that way, it just is. I've never understood the technical parts of this whole developer business anyway and the anger produced by this product is even more beyond my comprehension. Let the man be and offer what he will without the idiocy of remarks given back in payment for his willingness to even talk to any of us!! Randy Jura, KPDX

Bob, I couldn't agree more with most of your post.Inded nothing can be done to stop those who posts foolishly or childishly.As to the "other thread" Phil posted his opinion of the situation as he saw it while other parties do the same. Disagreements expressed in less than respectful fashion are certainly not new in this community but it sure would be refreshing if ALL of us took a second look at our own attitudes and behaviours before we type.:-)...."perhaps a break really is in order.""There's nothing gained by having the only communication be one of idolizing Phil, and I remember from a previous post that he agreed with me on that."A break seems to be just what the doctor ordered here and let's hope it causes a more contructive dialogue in the future. We doubt that Phil or anyone else will benefit from "idolization" of Phil, but will say that basic respect is indeed in order for ALL:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest JIMJAM

JimI will be the first to admit I got a big mouth.But I also spend alot.2 grand and counting on FSX alone including all your products.I spent 20 grand on Doctors last year including back surgery.Last week I made one MAD because I complained about waiting 2 hours.Just the way I am.I also remember you helping me numerous times and someone else at Hifi spent hours trying to get the new version to run.For that I appreciate it and guys like you.That said, I still complain alot but I pay well:-hah Heck, I deleted ASX again but if you released a new version today, I would buy it.I will get back to answering post nobody wants to bother with and taking financial risk on buying new releases and reporting back.Check my Aerosoft Hughes review I did today.So I am not totally worthless.... Dont answer.I will try to stop complaining so much and get my Xanax presciption refilled.Ok, lets get back to flying:9

>Phil got into a shoving match with someone at another site. >The other guy was not very receptive to the benchmarks and>made his point-of-view known in a realatively respectful>manner. >>Now, we all respect Phil, but if you look at the thread, Phil>personally attacked him first and compared the poster to his>3.5 year old daughter and made another post referencing the>poster being "childish". >To be fair Mike, repeating the old 'more speed not cores' blurb and signing off a post with "Batman out" is dis-respectful and provocative in what was a sincere look at FSX performance.In his blog Phil gives his view of the results and touches on what it could mean for future hardware, he closes with "Could this fall finally be the ultimate performance break out time for FSX? Let's hope so". What was one of the comments? "don't sit back and expect Intel to sort your problems out" (or words to that effect). Comments like that are childish, whatever your stance.This is not 'Joe Bloggs' throwing his 2cents into the mix here, we are talking about the Lead PM of the team that built the software, Phil deserves more respect than that.Paxx did bring some good points to the [other forum] discussion, but making a point should not mean throwing backhanded remarks like "When Intel makes a multi-core 5GHz CPU (or at least easily overclockable to that with water/air cooling not nitrogen) then FSX will shine and maybe heat up my video card" or any other intimidating provocations for that matter.Also let's be clear here, this was not a one off. Phil has taken a lot of flak from the community and frankly it's just wrong.Keep your chin up Phil, where not all baying for blood! ;)

Bernard

Benard:Paxx did his 'Batman Out' AFTER he was called a 3.5 year old girl and how is that insulting or disrespectful to Phil after Paxx was called a girl? Secondly, Paxx disagreed and made a facetious remark, its not an insult its just facetious, it was far from disrespectful. And Paxx went on to help a few people in that thread also and DID not retailiate against Phil's insult. This again, is after Phil dismissed Paxx's comments stating that Tom's Hardware knows what they are talking about be he doesn't. But I see you made no mention of Phil's outright insult to Paxx. Phil has taken some personal insults and has given a few also. In that spirit I don't think a pity party is appropriate just yet.

"In that spirit I don't think a pity party is appropriate just yet."Mike, do you mean Phil, Paxx, or both?:-)Doubtful that anyone should have a pity party over this:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Paxx did his 'Batman Out' AFTER he was called a 3.5 year old>girl and how is that insulting or disrespectful to Phil after>Paxx was called a girl? Secondly, Paxx disagreed and made a>facetious remark, its not an insult its just facetious, it was>far from disrespectful. And Paxx went on to help a few people>in that thread also and DID not retailiate against Phil's>insult. This again, is after Phil dismissed Paxx's comments>stating that Tom's Hardware knows what they are talking about>be he doesn't. But I see you made no mention of Phil's>outright insult to Paxx. >As I see it Mike, the 3.5 yo reference was AFTER the "Batman out" statement (page 3 - posts 21 and 22. I'd link to it but I don't think that's really necessary).Phil's was undoubtedly a reactionary post, as I said it came AFTER a backhanded remark.>Phil has taken some personal insults and has given a few also.> In that spirit I don't think a pity party is appropriate just>yet.>In this statement, what would you say is the ratio of 'give and take'? I can pretty much guess that the answer is heavily leant towards Phil 'taking' the insults before giving any.

Bernard