Sign in to follow this  
Guest player1

Poor Aces? Poor Hobby? Poor Phil? Poor me?

Guest Nick_N

>But don't shoot the messenger! I dont think Phil Taylor>represents MS complaints' division either!This is what is IMPORTANTPhil and TEAM make the product... but they do it based on a BUDGET they get from the shirtsComplain to the SHIRTS and we help the TEAM by allowing them to ASK for the BUDGET they needLeave the TEAM ALONE but let them know whats going on is a positive and constructive way so with the right LEADERSHIP they start looking at the ISSUES http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2008...e-envelope.aspxThey read English ( and other languages) and know what

>It seems that someone can't be "disgruntled" and still be a>flight sim enthusiast? I for one agree with the original>poster.+1It may take more time. At one point I may have been a disgruntled FS2004 user. Well, I got the hardware to run it properly, and then enjoyed the pants off of it lol!I would say at times I am both disgruntled and an enthusiast. FSX ####### me off some days, but other days you're flying your plane and the sunset looks realistic, the light glints off the wing of your RealAir SF260, you see a few AI planes in the pattern, and you really enjoy the moment.Why is it so bad to vent here? Other people have similar issues at one time or another (CLEARLY!) One doesn't go to an Anandtech forum to praise AMD or Intel for their products (alright maybe a few lol), they go for support, or because they are having an issue etc. And they want to learn something.Usually when I learn something about FSX or FS in general it's on forums when people are giving their honest opinion. Whether it's positive or negative. Just read the hardware forums, there's plenty of POed people there who don't have the correct hardware to run FSX well. Yet with help and tweaks etc they can get some enjoyment out of their purchase. Just an example

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hey I want in on the fun pic!189008.gif

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan wrote..."Why is it so bad to vent here?"Ryan, the primary reason is as stated by Jeff the mod. This a public forum, NOT a complaint box. Respectful dialouge is always appreciated but "venting" is usually not appreciated by fellow flighsimmers.A secondary reason is that so called "venting" is as contagious as the flue and the usual result is most "venting" brings a Jerry Springer like tone to the discussions.:-) Thirdly, it does little to encourage new flight sim enthusist to participate in any meaningful way and thus DISCOURAGES growth in this community. I remember a time in this community when folks actually discussed flightsimulation, helped newcomers, and showed respect to their fellows.Finally, while we all have a right to free speech it is not always wise to use it:-) I'm thinking of the comedian Ron Whites statement that he had the "right to remain silent but didn't have the ability":-) :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Nick_N

>Is there a way to beat a dead horse with too much of a>beating of a dead horse?>>How long until dead horses are banned?>http://www.spam.com/ The opening line says it all :-lol

Personally I take posts such as this one and file it accordingly.1) It's a person who chose to hide who they are.2) It's a person who disagrees with basic internet etiquette.Thus... where ya think I file it? ;)A few reality checks:1) The customer is NOT always right.2) A purchase gives you what you purchased, it rarely includes any contract that includes rudeness on your part.3) No one you'll ever complain to actually gets paid enough to endure your rude behavior and desire to verbally abuse them.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It is too late for me to figure out which post you refer too but..As a mod I have noticed the rudest posters here:1) always disable their profile2) violate the avsim sign up rules of providing a first and last name in their account.Then when eventually banned-they-1) write emails complaining that they were unfairly banned-though other simmers have complained either in their thread or thru alerts and....2) they don't sign their emails with real names-again seem to want to "hide".Kinda makes sense-however they don't seem to realize the info is available for everyone if wanted-just a matter of what service you use...once you join the Internet there is nothing "hidden".http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Personally I take posts such as this one and file it>accordingly.>>1) It's a person who chose to hide who they are.>2) It's a person who disagrees with basic internet etiquette.>>Thus... where ya think I file it? ;)>>>A few reality checks:>>1) The customer is NOT always right.>2) A purchase gives you what you purchased, it rarely includes>any contract that includes rudeness on your part.>3) No one you'll ever complain to actually gets paid enough to>endure your rude behavior and desire to verbally abuse them.Are you directing this post at me? I assume so, as it is in response to my post. If you missed it there was a smilely next to my remark. That's called a joke! I don't fully hide who I am, only to the general public, First name is enough for them in this world with identity theft, AVSIM has my full name! As for 2, I don't know what you are talking about???

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

All I remember is Hal trying to fly a DC3 and make it on the runway at St. Barts.... after closing hours when everyone had left the Aopa convention and I assume the time clock was not running for the Ms people...I found it very moving...as I would be more business like in my field of life...they seemed to be infatuated.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I don't think he was talking to you, just general offenders maybe.Hey, are we off topic lol?We went from forum etiquette to customer service to south park and dead horses to SPAM, then PETA LOLz!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

>Personally I take posts such as this one and file it>accordingly.>>1) It's a person who chose to hide who they are.>2) It's a person who disagrees with basic internet etiquette.>>Thus... where ya think I file it? ;)I see these as a red herrings that really have no relevance in this otherwise interesting and educational discussion. If a person puts forth a cogent and respectful argument, what difference does it make whether he signs his full name? None to me. In the past it has been explained why one would not wish to have their full name displayed on the internet, whether you agree with the reasoning or not. While on the subject, I also tend to react the same way when I read that a poster should be ignored because their post count is low - I tend to think of restraint of pen and tongue as an admirable trait.I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this discussion about what ensued with Mr. Taylor et al., and as I usually do, have kept out of it - until now that is. On one final note though, I don't think that Mr. Taylor was 'shown the door' by anyone. Looks like we walked out of his own accord after hurling a cheap shot at the masses. I didn't appreciate the 'mirror' comment, but then, as I have never interacted with Mr. Taylor, I won't lose much sleep over it either. I wish him well in whatever he decides to do.Kind Regards,Paul