Sign in to follow this  
Noel

The New FSX Super 80 is OUT

go get iti think you have to be a registered previous owner to get this one nowit has an FMC and looks awsomeBo

Bo Klop

You do not have to be a registered user. You can use your existing version for a discount off the new product though.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest -BeNt-

I must say I was a huge fan of the MD-80 'Classic' they had out before. The steam version was very fun and challenging to fly. I just purchased, with a 35% discount :) the new version and I must say it is a substantial improvement. I shall enjoy relearning the MD-80 later today after work. Thanks for the hard work guys ;)Just a tip also, if you purchased the previous version don't forget to use the discount coupon with the new version, it saves you some major cash.

I'm going to get it. After reading about it, it has an "in Airplane Training Program" to teach you how to fly the plane properly. Especially like that it has an FMS training section.Stan

Guest JIMJAM

But I want my 727!!!!It was like Deja vu. I spent 4 minutes trying to shut up the "Stabilisor" warning. Then 30 trying to remember hwo to turn on the AP digits so I could see them.The Super80 was one of the original FS9 killers that had everybody buying more ram and upgrading.I had no problems and this is the first airliner I have flown in FSX in LOOOOONG time.The performance around the major airports where these birds like to congregate had just been to bad.IMO FSX still has not taken the comlex airline/addon airport throne away from FS9 but its getting there.Thanks Flight1 for refurbishing her!Oh and by the way. I still want my 727;-)

Will the previous Super 80 drop in price now?I've always wanted an MD-8X to fly (although preferably a 'lite' version

Mike...

Great news! I may actually get this. I've been wanting a modern-day ops MD-8x that is for FSX SP2 for some time.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Mike,The original "clasic", and new professional versions are 2 very different products unrelated to each other (except that they were developed by the same teams).Some may simply want a steam gauge version, and other want the EFIS version.So there is no need to price-drop the classic version since this is not an upgrade, but a different product altogether.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Boy it looks great, but $55? Wow....http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

How's the performance, how are the FPS, guys?! I'm buying it no matter what. ;)

Fair enough. And never mind the FSX only question, at this price I wouldn't get it anyway. It's just not for me.I do hope we get an Overland type MD-8X one day (with VC, so no need for anyone to refer me to SGA ;-D).

Mike...

Guest NoobPilot

FPS? Well, I'll say that it compares to the last one. In that sense, I get better FPS in this thing than I do in the default C172. That's about all I know, I'm still working on figuring out how to use a FMC.