Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

FSX BLURRIES ............ I can do no more!

To my knowledge there is no 152 fsx default aircraft-I would be delighted if there was as my flight training 20 years ago was in a 150/152. Again, some add in aircraft cause blurries-I believe a 152 would be an add in...perhaps a badly behaved one?!GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest RichardL

See above reply. Not an add-on, the default, supplied with purchase, MSFS approved Cessna.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Hi Richard,Hmmm. No ... this isn't what we're looking for.We need your settings configuration file (not a scenery.cfg). Your specific settings have a lot to do with your performance in Flight Simulator X on your workstation. My settings are not the same as your settings. So, you need to show us your settings. In this way, I can tell you whether your settings are appropriate for a workstation with your specifications, and make recommendations on how you can best set your settings to achieve maximum performance.To do that, save your settings into a file. What gets created is a settings .cfg file. I can then load that settings .cfg file on my workstation, and see what settings you are using on your workstation (there are too many possible settings for you to just tell me what your settings are.)So, go save the settings configuration file off, and attach it to this post.Also, if you are saving screenshots to AVSIM, don't save them as .txt messages. Nobody can see them if you do that.Cheers,

>There is no 150/152 to my knowledge.>Geofa>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Geof he's saying he's using the default Cessna 182...RichardLWith the risk of getting a brick thrown at me as well, I will say that from your pic, you are not getting blurries.I see the area you are talking about. I can also tell you, that you are running an unrealistically clear atmosphere there. You are going to see texture doing that on LOD boundaries, particularly with such a clear atmosphere. That's all there is to it. If you are really, really looking hard to find texture snap-in at LOD boundaries, yes, you can find them. But those are not blurries, blurries are terribly bad, covering the whole screen in a blurry mess. It happens on my rig, if I get in the F-18, fly 700+ knots near ground level, and turn autogen to dense. Furthermore--and keep in mind I have not examined the actual texture file for that cropland texture in your shot--but it is very possible that some of that is in the texture. Now, if it snapped in later, then that would be wrong--but my earlier points about LOD and realistic visibility levels stand. As Lloyd Bentsen once said, "I knew blurries, and those are no blurries".There was once a time in this forum, if you posted things like the fact that I don't have blurries, you would get a brick thrown at you, and people would question your truthfulness. I hope that time is past, given all the cheap fast hardware out now. I mentioned the conditions under which I can get my new PC to blurry...and those are extreme flying conditions to say the least.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>Also, if you are saving screenshots to AVSIM, don't save them>as .txt messages. Nobody can see them if you do that.>>Cheers,>(Actually you can view his screenshot, if you save the .txt file to your desktop, then change its extension to .jpg.)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fsxmissionguy

OK, after figuring out that you saved your .jpg image as a .txt file, I was able to look at the image. Here it is (so everyone else can see it inline):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192056.jpgI sort of suspected that a screenshot would shed some light on the issue. You do not have blurries.You are maybe not having textures load as fast as you would like, or are detecting them with your eyes being loaded, but these don't even look like default FSX land textures. Are they? They look like Flight Environment X.There are a lot of people who would kill for that image and to get 50 frames per second as gravy.I don't think I could help you improve that image. Perhaps someone else reading this thread can as there are more knowledgeable people than me who visit these forums.Cheers,

Anisotropic Filtering isn't set to 16x in the driver control panel. Try 16x Quality or High Quality if you have enough GPU muscles. Set filtering to Anisotropic in FSX as well (but it looks like you've done that already).Heiko

Guest essoblue

Geofa. This is about blurries not about exactly which aircraft the OP was talking about.

Putting my neck on the line I know, but having seen your screenshot I do actually think you may have a SLIGHT case of the blurries. Difficult to be sure, but my initial impression is that the urban area in the middle distance towards the top left of your image - the grey bit - looks less sharp than I would expect on my PC with GEX textures (4GHz E8500, 4Gb, 8800 Ultra, Vista 64).If you like, I'll have a go this evening to see if I can get a comparable screenshot to show you - I may of course prove myself wrong. In fact, tell you what: why not post details of some particular flight where you think you have problems and I'll try to take a screenshot to show you what happens at my end?Incidentally, I notice from the titlebar in your screenshot that you're using "Wideserver" and that you're not using full screen mode. Presumably you've eliminated these possible bottlenecks from the equation?Tim

Guest RichardL

For the record, the image was taken with the default Ultralight! I initially used the Cessna but since the wing was in the view, I changed to the Ultralight.Can we move on?

Hi,Here's my contribution. Image captured immediately after the sim was paused in windowed mode. Image resized to conform to Avsim's rules.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192058.jpgNote I'm also in the good ol' '150/152/182' ;)No blurries there.MikeASRock 939Dual-SATA2 (AM2CPU Board), AMD Athlon 64X2 6400+ (BE,3200MHz,Windsor), Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC2-6400 4-4-4-12(2T) (Dual Channel), (PCI-E)Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB (Catalyst 7.10 WHQL), SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum (Drivers version 5.12.0001.1196 WHQL),Antec NeoHE 650W PSU, Windows XP Home Edition (SP2), DirectX 9.0c

Guest RichardL

Image was uploaded as a .jpg. Not sure why it's showing up as a .txt file.If this is not a case of blurry texture blocks, can tou please post an image of what a "real" case of blurry textures looks like?As noted earlier in the thread, GEX is installed. I purchased GEX in hopes that it could cure the problem. Also, I did state I am more than pleased with the FPS. The image above was taken with the slider locked at 60. Though difficult to see, the FPS read-out is 59.9.Again, I'm not complaining about FPS. It's the very visible texture blocks popping in and out. One block will be crisp and the one next to it blurry, as in not of the same high resolution.

Guest RichardL

Ok, but that is what you requested in post 18, though I now see posts before that said settings .cfg.No problem. I'll post them.