Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

FSX BLURRIES ............ I can do no more!

Guest RichardL

Good point.Yes, I use WideServer with Project Magenta RJ on a second machine. When the image was taken, the second machine was not On so the title bar shows "waiting for client".I will try disabling WS and see what happens. I suspect it will have no impact on the blurry textures.I would fly full screen but the issue with alt-tabbing has forced me back to windowed mode.

Hi Richard,"can you please post an image of what a "real" case of blurry textures looks like?"Here you are. This is what I would call blurriness:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192059.jpgIt was achieved by cycling views rapidly. I had to be quick to catch this one as the textures were snapping back into focus as the image was grabbed. It can look a lot worse than this but, thankfully, not for long.Sorry about the cheap dig in my last post.Regards,Mike

Sure-but as I mentioned blurries can be caused by add on aircraft.Therefore to diagnose your problem it was important to understand which aircraft you were using. An add on 152 could do it....GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

This is blurries.Tried to attach as a jpg but I see it is a txt. Hmmm.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Bob,My point exactly. This is a picture of what blurries look like:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192064.jpgWhen you are flying your aircraft in FSX, the parts of the world furthest from you use the lowest-quality level of detail (LOD) bitmap. As you fly closer to a particular spot, higher-quality bitmaps are supposed to be read from disk and displayed, so that by the time you are over the top of a given spot, the highest quality bitmap will be showing (according to your individual FSX settings).The blurries occur when you fly your aircraft so fast (or your computer is so slow) that you get over a spot so fast that the computer is displaying a very low-quality level of detail bitmap, when it should be displaying a high quality one ... but it can't because your computer is unable to keep up.When that happens, that's "the blurries."The original poster complained that he was exasperated by FSX for being blurry when:a) FSX isn't blurry on his machine, as evidenced by his screenshot:( He's not using just FSX. He's using third-party textures and software.I think that the original criticism of FSX was overdone in these circumstances.Can you run FSX on a slow-enough computer so that it looks crappy? Yes, yes you can.Can you run FSX on a computer with such a poor graphics card that FSX looks crappy? Yes, yes you can.Can you run FSX with enough add-ons that no computer today can keep up and that makes FSX look crappy? Yes, yes you can.Does that therefore mean FSX is crappy?No, it doesn't.The original poster should probably just reduce his scenery settings somewhat and run FSX maybe with fewer add-ons until computer hardware catches up. He'd probably get tremendous enjoyment out of FSX, I suspect.My 2c.

Guest RichardL

Kevin,Are even reading my posts? Can you not see the system specs I listed?What part of quad core processor, 64 bit operating system, 4GB Ram, dual hard drives, 8800 video card, etc. is sub-standard or low end?I thought, and maybe my writing communication skills are lacking, I asked why some texture blocks pop into view at high resolution while others next to it do not or are slow to resolve into a crisp image.I do not have a low end system!To my knowledge, GEX is not an add-on which keeps FSX from running properly. I have this image issue before installing GEX.And finally, I never said FSX was "crappy". I said FSX is what it is!

RichardLread my long post earlier in this thread.I just really don't think you're getting blurries. Maybe ever-so-slightly as Bob mentions in his post above. Look at his screenshot. THAT is the blurries. You do not have much of that my friend.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Nick_N

I see why he is getting 50+FPS.. there is lttle or no autogen in that shot!...and because of that the eye picks up the natural texture distortions.its flat as a pancake! Put some scenery in the shot!I suspect the settings on this system are not correct and NOT allowing the right priority to work in his favor for better image quality in FSX to extend the LOD so it keeps textures sharper further from the aircraft. With FSX I am a firm believer in "The problem is you or your system" meaning most just dont get it and how to set up correctly. Instead they use all sorts of myths and suggestions that do nothing or make things worse.It takes time to learn the right way to set up a system and FSX, and, if you dont know how then paying for professional services can help. I dont use such services but then I know how to set up properlyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192079.jpgIf you have a decent system running the right addons there is NO REASON why you should not be running these settingshttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=149607#149607With the latest UTX USA patch they increased car traffic by quite a bit.. I suggest it be set to 8 max in the USA. Also, AI traffic can hit you hard. If you are using the default you may wish to consider scaling AI back to 30-35 AL/GA or replace it with WOAI. I run default AI however I must keep it installed for testing with GEXn in perf and I also run DDR3 and very high memory speed with low latency so I can get away with higher AI slidersNhancer is still a must and if this is XP, try the 174.74 beta drivers as they are still in use on my system and still perform the best.. however drivers are a 'by system' choice and what works best for one may not work best for another. Newer cards may require the latest driver but I would STILL use Nhancer and set up as outlined herehttp://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...=1208959973/0#5Water slider = 2xLOW unless you are in the bush and have the extra resources to increase the slider for better water reflections.. otherwise 2xLOWFRAME LOCKIf you have microstutters.. try UNLIMTED in heavy urban like Seattle and 20nm OUTSIDE urban, LOCK at 30. This is an area you must test for yourself however I have found with a saturated buss in large urban areas, unlimted is best where outside those areas 30 is perfect. This is the absolute LAST item tweaked after all other tweaks and settings are appliedset texture bandwidth to 80 in the config file - YMMV try 60-70 and 80 bufferpools tweak is up to you and how the system responds... I use 90000000 right now but I also have a 768MB video card and can run that much. Test for bufferpools over large forest areas flying just over the trees within 1000ft or less... set frame lock for 30 and adjust bufferpools till it smooths out banking left and right however you must restart the sim after each test run and config file change. If you have a 512MB video card I would not exceed 35000000 and remember that this tweak is done AFTER all other settings are made, not before. Bufferpools and the frame lock are the last items tweaked. Some find bufferpools cause stutters, others like myself find the setting smoothes the resultother than WideViewAspect=True if you have a wide screen monitor... dont MESS with anything else in the config and especially do not add in the AG (tree and building lines) restrictions on a good system, DROP the AG slider to 3/4 instead of 100% if you feel AG is a bit to high on a good system. That tweak is BAD on good systems and can cause microstutters. It's best to only use the tree and building AG lines in the config if you use a slow system or lower than 512MB video card, otherwise leave it out of the config and use the sliderYMMVvoid where prohibitedand for god sake, forget about 50+ frames being needed for FSX.. that is a MYTH and not true. Its the FRAME TRANSITIONS that make MSFS smooth, not the number of frames, which all goes back to priorities and balance of the settings and the system.

RichadrLKevin never said you had a low end system. He was listing situations in which real blurries happen.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

This has been covered many times before, but what you are looking at is the way FSX is designed to work.You have a limited set of high resolution tiles that move with the aircraft, corresponding to the LOD radius parameter. These tiles are right underneath the aircraft.If you look at the boundary of that range, you will see tiles pop into focus and autogen objects appear on a regular basis.The less the computer has to do, the more "seamless" and regular this updating process appears. The heavier the computer is loaded, the more noticeable this becomes, and this process does at times lag behind, since it is not the top priority task in FSX.You can set a higher LOD radius in FSX.cfg as a test, but this will start to overload even very fast systems. Also, FSX will reset this value to 4.5 at every opportunity.

Bert

Guest RichardL

I only have time to respond to one point you made and that is:" . . . forget about 50+ frames being needed for FSX.. that is a MYTH and not true. Its the FRAME TRANSITIONS that make MSFS smooth, not the number of frames, which all goes back to priorities and balance of the settings and the system."That is incorrect if using and LCD monitor. Setting less than the refresh rate of the monitor causes stutters in the image. Set the FPS to 25 and watch and AI aircraft go by at takeoff while looking out the side window. Then change the FPS to you LCD monitors refresh rate. Smooth, no stutters.Nick, I believe you have stated many times your recommendation are only for WinXP not Vista.

Guest RichardL

Mace and Bert,Are you saying this is normal for FSX, the way it was designed and everyone, no matter the system, see popping texture files to some degree?Richard

If "popping texture files" means seeing texture tiles switch to a higher resolution, then yes, that is what I am saying, this is the FSX design. But I have not seen the "no matter the system" in action. I run on a Q6600@3.0 which is a reasonably powerful system, but by no means the fastest ever.. :-)

Bert