Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

optishade update

Featured Replies

Hey guys, could someone please help update this as i have checked the update box in the optimanager thou when i load the sim it still states 2.1.4 not 2.1.6.

thanks.

mike

It's just a bug, confirmed on their Discord. Should be fixed in 2.1.7.

Matej Stavanja

Just wondering how much succes users are having with this. Is performance still an issue? Does it really look that much better? What are your experiences?

I've watched a number of Youtube videos and am not yet fully convinced. I'm also concened that some who have tried using dlss5 have had issues reverting back and completely messd up their msfs installations.

At the moment, I'm waiting for ASOBO to impliment it properly, but I fear that may be a long wait.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX5080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2024 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

Just wondering how much succes users are having with this. Is performance still an issue? Does it really look that much better? What are your experiences?

I think it looks great and the Optishade tool has made it so easy to try. I can still use my ReShade preset with it as well. No 'noticeable' performance hit for me BUT I lock at 30 fps and use 2x FSR inside the sim.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 5070ti OC, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, Titan 240RX AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, cianpars said:

What are your experiences?

Like Flic, I've also been using it and it has created zero issues... When i dont use DLSS5 i simply use it for Reshade and love the option to toggle between 2 different presets with a push of a button...

Installation is super easy and so is uninstall... it creates a backup of anything it changes so leaves you with the same setup before installation...

The Dev updates often and listens to questions and suggestions... no regrets here!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 5090 Vanguard SOC 32GB | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1300W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | Samsung 65" 4K TV | Logi Wireless Keyboard | Logi Wireless M340 Mouse | WinCtrl URSA MINOR 32 Throttle Metal / 32 PAC Metal  | WinCtrl Ursa Minor Sidestick |Velocity One Rudder | WinCtrl FCU and EFIS | WinCtrl MCDU | Stream Deck XL | Home Cockpit setup

Doug 

  • Author
2 hours ago, cianpars said:

Just wondering how much succes users are having with this. Is performance still an issue? Does it really look that much better? What are your experiences?

I've watched a number of Youtube videos and am not yet fully convinced. I'm also concened that some who have tried using dlss5 have had issues reverting back and completely messd up their msfs installations.

At the moment, I'm waiting for ASOBO to impliment it properly, but I fear that may be a long wait.

Its working well also ,and looks amazing . Thou it's the update that is glitch for me as it states in the optimanager 0.21.6 thou when in sim and I pop it up .

It states 0.21.4 and needs updating.

Does this mean I have files still in Sim that have not been overwritten before when updated ?

Anybody else have this issue?

  • Author
6 hours ago, Skytatoo said:

It's just a bug, confirmed on their Discord. Should be fixed in 2.1.7.

Thank you

Just installed optishade 0.21.6 and got an immediate CTD, I guess I now have to try to undo it.

Edit - a PC restart seems to have resolved. Now to check how it runs

Edit 2 - I dont see anything different in msfs after installing optiscaler and dlss5 files Do I need to do something else(I see something about presets but I don't have any or know how to create them)?

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX5080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2024 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

10 hours ago, cianpars said:

Edit 2 - I dont see anything different in msfs after installing optiscaler and dlss5 files Do I need to do something else(I see something about presets but I don't have any or know how to create them)?

Not sure about Optiscaler... the below is for Optishade...

SO for it to work you do need to download Reshade presets from FSTO (https://flightsim.to/search?q=reshade&sim=msfs2024)

Choose one that you like.. there are many..

Once you are in sim and have started optishade, select the 'enable neural rendering' button to turn on DLSS5... you can set up an ON/OFF key in the settings (be sure to apply down the bottom of it wont stick)

An on screen notification will come up with NR On or OFF so you can immediately see the difference

oh, one last thing - be sure that you have downloaded all of the effects when you installed optishde... it should work now

Any issues just reach out!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 5090 Vanguard SOC 32GB | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1300W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | Samsung 65" 4K TV | Logi Wireless Keyboard | Logi Wireless M340 Mouse | WinCtrl URSA MINOR 32 Throttle Metal / 32 PAC Metal  | WinCtrl Ursa Minor Sidestick |Velocity One Rudder | WinCtrl FCU and EFIS | WinCtrl MCDU | Stream Deck XL | Home Cockpit setup

Doug 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.