Sign in to follow this  
Guest daniel.alm

Update 4.2

Hi jd,I've got the email from the Google group and downloaded the update. After replacing the old exe with the new one, RC4 is unregistered again. Is it supposed to be like that? If so, no problem, I'll send an email requesting a new key. Thanks in advance for your reply.Regards,Daniel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

no, i don't think that should have happenedjd

This error did not happen in my case. Just wanted to let you know JD

>This error did not happen in my case. Just wanted to let you>know JD>Thanks for the reply JD. Well, if it happens for some and for other people it's OK, it must be something with the way the licence is saved. Maybe my computer specs can help you:Athlon 64 4200 X22GB RAM DDR CorsairNvidia4 Motherboard Asus SLI PremiumHIS ATI X1900XTX IceQ3Soundblaster Audigy 4HD with 250GB, divided in two partitions, C: is Windows, RC4 is installed in D:

Got both emails explaning the problem. Do you want us to resubmit our info for a new key via RC4 registration tool?

Got the new key already, thanks for the great service guys! :)

Hi jd,After replacing the old exe with the new one, RC4 is unregistered again. If so, no problem, sent an email requesting a new key. Thanks in advance for your reply.Mike.

Hey, I started this whole mess and I am missing the party! Since I guess I'm not in the goggle group, how do I get the update? :)Brian S.

Yes me too. What update should I get now? How many are they? My version is V4.0.3737. Do I need an update? If so where do I get it from?Stelios

jd, Yes me too. What update should I get now? How many are they? My version is V4.01.3737. Do I need updates ? If so where do I get them ? Does each one overwrite the previous one? Can I just install the latest one and have them all ?Thank you,Frank Bevard

Count me in as well. I'm not rich or famous but I'd like any update if they are available to mere mortals.

you have 4.01you need the 4.2 .exe, which was announced in the google group.when you download it, unzip it, and replace your rcv4.exe with the one in the zip file. simple as thatjd

those who took advantage of the google group invitation a while back, received the upgrade url. we'll post the link here, when i'm done answering some of these posts/emailsjd

Besides the stuttering, what does the update address?Thanks

there are other minor updates in 4.2 1) there was a bug in the emergency vectoring code, if you were almost above the airport you decided to divert to 2) using the great circle calculations to determine if you off course when the checkpoints are FAR apart 3) when you missed a crossing restriction, and progressed a checkpoint, the heading watchdog gave you the wrong heading to fly 4) once and for all, the interpretation of "resume own navigation" will be put to rest. instead of saying "resume own navigation" you will be "cleared direct xyz then as filed" 5) some improvements in phraseology 6) pre-recorded chatter will now continue to play after midnight 7) invalid cruise flight levels (0, and 38000, etc) will be flagged 8) AI chatter at uncontrolled airports is improved 9) ultimate airlines flight plans will now load correctly 10) a new option to hide the first line of the advdisp/fsuipc window for IFR training is now available.

I haven't any problem at all. My RC is in the main root (although FS9 is in 2

glad to hear it. do you like the changes?

RC Team, can one of you please send me my key because i want to fly :):)Did send an email some hours ago... Yes, i'm impatient :)Great that you guys solved the stuttering!CheersMartin

Hi Martin,All key requests we received this morning have been processed.

Hi Rick, didn't receive it. Did send my request to Register@jdtllc.comYou want me to send again or post my product ID here?Martin

Please send it again. Since all I have is your first name there is no way for me to tell if we received your request.If you are using some sort of anti-spam program you might check that and make sure register@jdtllc.com did not accidentally get tagged as a spammer.