Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rob G

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rob G

  1. If I use this new product, do I have to remove both of Bijan's products (EarthFX and Seasons Enhanced) or just the Seasons Enhenced? Thanks.
  2. Hi folks. I need some help. I am very new to all of this. So I create a flightplan in LNM and I include SID and approach procedures. I save the plan and load it into the sim and the procedures I selected in LNM are not even listed as choices. After some research I tried saetting the Navigraph setting to Do Not Use Navigraph and then ran the Scenery Library load again in LNM. I read that by doing that there will be an exact match of what in the LNM database and what's in the sim database. However, after creating a new flight plan with those settings, once loaded into the sim, the procedures I selected are still not in the sim. What is it I am not understanding? I do not want to take the time to put together a flight plan in LNM only to find out I can't get the sim to recognize the procedures I selected. Please help. Thank you.
  3. I am using it now. I have not noticed any particular increase in performance numbers but what I have noticed is a more consistent performance. And I have a high end router right next to my rig and very fast internet. I will use this setup for flight simming and use wireless for everything else.
  4. That looks perfect. One more question about it: What is the difference between the entries that show 'Asobo-aircraft...' or 'Microsoft-aircraft...' and the ones that show 'Asobo-passiveaircraft...' or 'Microsoft-passiveaircraft...' ?
  5. Tjhe product onloy works for the Microsoft store version. I have the Steam version of the sim. Any other ideas?
  6. I will never take the time to learn how to fly big jetliners. Is there a way I can remove them, or at least completely hide them from my system? Thanks.
  7. Yes, but it only refers to su5 compatibility there.
  8. Does anyone use this who can tell me if its working with SU6 Beta?
  9. Does it work any better than having a strong router in close proximity to the headset?
  10. I PM'd you a link to a log file from tonight. It looks like it's some kind of access denial but I don't understand it.
  11. I have just completed every single step you described, including a clean install. but autoFPS is still not connecting. I have a very extensive backup system on my machine so I could just restore my entire system to a few days ago when it was working. But before I do that I thought I would tell you that nothing has worked to see if you have any further input to give me? Additional info: I got out of the MSFS 2024 Beta and it still won't work. In fact I even restored my system to two days ago with no luck. As a test I am going to restore my system to like a week ago and see what I end up with. I will report back. This is a very frustrating situation.
  12. Something is going on with my system suddenly. The sim is up and my plane is sitting on the runway but autoFPS shows SimConnect and Session in red. I closed autoFPS and opened it again the condition is the same. I also fell back autoFPS to release level and then back to test+ but nothing changed. Let me add that I tested the health of simconnect by starting Little Navmap and it connected to the simulator with no problem. Ideas?
  13. I am curious how many people here do not have a Navigraph subscription and why.
  14. I am a complete novice to flying. The only planes I have ever flown in the sim are the C172 and the Bonanza G36. I can get around ok, can manage to take off and usually land ok. I can create a flight plan in Little Navmap and load it into the plane. I would like to get some opinions from people regarding whether I am likely to enjoy Career Mode or not. I realize that no one knows what I like and what I don't. But I am interested in knowing whether Career Mode is fun for a complete beginner? I really wanted to focus on helicopters and take training in the Cabri G2. However, I learned that you can't do that in Career Mode until you have completed the fixed wing section and gotten your virtual ppl. Thoughts? Thanks much.
  15. I am using the latest MSFS 2024 Beta. I wanted to try to see some animals. So I put together a flight that went right over two South Africa game preserves and then set fauna to Ultra. I never saw an animal. What's the trick? Thanks.
  16. Sorry I missed that. The problem is fixed for me. You are amazing.
  17. ok this might sound silly but if my autofps won't open, how do I get the new version??
  18. I am using non-expert mode
  19. You're not alone, as you can see from the post just above yours :-(
  20. I just opened autoFPS, which prompted me to install the latest test verion, which I did. But when I try to open the program, nothing happens. It doesn't show up at all. What coulod be wrong? Watching in the task manager, I see it open and then immediately close.
  21. I used to have a link on my desktop to a website that you would provide a couple of parameters to and it would suggest a flight plan. You could tell it how long a flight you wanted to take. I seem to have lost the icon off my desktop and now I can't find the site again. I don't remember the name of the site. Can someone help me out with a pointer to it? I thought I heard about it in flightsim.to but I can't find it there either. Thanks
  22. Hi folks. So I am using MSFS 2024 and I have just started watching a great YouTube video on how to use Little Navmap. I have been able to follow everything along but there is something I do not understand. When I am in Little Navmap looking at my flight plan, the flight restrictions don't show any requirement over 5000 feet. The elevation map says that 3500 feet is a safe altitude. However, when I load that plan into the EFB (GA BONANZA G36), it shows the need to be at 26000 feet at some point in the plan. Why should that be? What don't I understand? Thanks.
  23. I really thought I understood about how to properly set up DLSS with the latest (310.7), and Preset M. However, since turning on the DLSS Swapper overlay, I have come to realize that I am not getting what I am trying to get. Firstly, I have the latest GPU driver (RTX 4090). It seems that I am not setting things right to get 310.7. The DLSS Swapper app says I have 310.7 loaded in MSFS 2024. However, the DLSS overlay in the program says I only have 310.6. I even downloaded and installed the DLSS 310.7 DLL and the MSFS 2024 overlay still says 310.6. I think between the DLS Swapper. the NVIDIA App, and NVIDIA Profile Inspector, I have got something wrong. Can someone either explain to me exactly how to set things up to get the latest DLSS file with either Preset L or M? I really need some help. Thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.