Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

FTX Global Vector, anyone still having elevation problems?

Anyone still having airport elevation problems after installing FTX Global Vector or have the problems been solved.

My FSX install is based on most of the Orbx FTX areas, 10 FTX airports plus FTX Global. I also have approximately 50 freeware PhotoReal airports from numerous sources. I am wondering if FTX Global Vector continues to have some negative impact on many airports such as elevation, terrain errors or sinking runways.  All of my other Orbx softeware has installed flawlessly with no conflicts with any other scenery areas or airports. Not willing to take the chance of messing up most of my other airports.  I will hold off ordering if problems still persist.

If it's not in an Orbx area I am probably not flying there. Best FSX scenery ever produced as far as I am concerned.

Any feedback appreciated,

Thanks,

Have  you ticked the hybrid  mode  when your flying in orbox  regions as explained  in the manual (page  9 of  the ftx global manual) that it  could cause elevation isues on airports

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

also don't forget to run the elevation correction tool. in ftx central v2 its under settings->tools->vector configuration tool->airport elevation corrections

i just use the "run auto-configuration" button and remember to hit apply afterwards

you need to run it after installing or removing airports

cheers

-andy crosby

Looks like folks still having some problems with airport elevations after installing Global Vector. Appears no magic bullet to cure errors at all airports even after using the elevation tool. I may be very wrong in my assessment but I think I will hold off on the purchase for now.  I have too much to lose if my airport elevations go wonky. 

Thanks,

Appears no magic bullet to cure errors at all airports even after using the elevation tool

well, you can just add the airport manually to the exception list in the AEC tool if the auto-detect didn't fix it. i think so anyway... i've never needed to do that since i've never had these problems. not sure why it's different on other people's systems maybe you have different mesh settings or something

cheers

-andy crosby

I may be very wrong in my assessment but I think I will hold off on the purchase for now.

So  you purchased  ftx global  with users  having  issues so  what makes you think you will have issues  since  there are lots of us  that  havnt  got issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I purchased Vector during the Christmas sale but have yet to install it.  I see it as the future and happy to fund further development but all my inquiries indicate it is still work in progress and I have too much to lose if it messed up my FSX install.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I purchased Vector during the Christmas sale but have yet to install it.  I see it as the future and happy to fund further development but all my inquiries indicate it is still work in progress and I have too much to lose if it messed up my FSX install.

Bruceb

Have you heard of this awesome thing called "backups"..?

all my inquiries indicate it is still work in progress and I have too much to lose if it messed up my FSX install.

i don't get it, i mean, so far everything i've seen as far as problems go, is people who didn't run the correction tool. are you just worried that you will forget to run the tool also?

it's not like orbx just goes in and adds random values to airport elevations. the conflicts mainly seem to arise from disagreements about what the correct elevation is between specific (and rare) sceneries. and if you have one of those sceneries it is easy enough to override them you just type the icao code and hit 'add' button. it's also easy to remove, it's just another layer in the scenery library like anything else, it doesn't permanently scramble your afcad files or anything like that.

anyway if you don't want to use it that's fine by me lol!! i just am mystified at how reluctant people are of running something that many people use without any trouble at all . in the meantime i will enjoy the many beautiful coastlines and other details it adds :)

cheers

-andy crosby

For payware airports with Elevation issues if you use the elevation correction tool and remove that particular airport from the auto correct it will fix the problem....at least it did for me at the airports with a problem.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Purchased and installed both FTX Global Vector and FTX openLC Europe.......... Had a major elevation problem at Global KPSP that the vector configurator fixed  on the first try, this with Megascenery X Southern California installed. Now both programs blend perfectly...... Programs truly transformed Flight Simulator X world wide...... FTX openLC is amazing,  You have to see Switzerland now to believe it...... Well worth the investment in both programs......

JayDub