Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FSW Cessna 441 Conquest ll - No touchdown sound in landing.

Hi! Flysimware Team,

I am starting to fly with C441 and I noticed that when I landed this plane on runway there are no touchdown sound, could you give a tip for solve this issue?

Thanks,

JL

My system:

W10

P3D v3.4

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I just tried it: The sounds are there, just very quiet, and maybe I can only hear them because I already reduced the engine volume.

Your best chance for hearing them might be an engine-out landing (which I tried, too) :)

And I tried it once with an external view, with that I didn't hear any touchdown sounds.

I'm asking this question again in a new post.  I can't believe the T/O and LND sounds are more or less absent.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

New external engine sounds for the 441: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsnds&DLID=189658

And I have copied FSW441gearup.wav and FSW441geardown.wav from the MU-2B, and reduced the volume for all TPE331*.wav files using Audacity as described in http://www.avsim.com/topic/282671-tutorial-lowering-vc-engine-sounds/

For a more noisy tochdown sound you could edit your sound.cfg and use the settings from the MU-2B:

[CENTER_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=bmtouch4
flags=0 
viewpoint=1
minimum_volume=16000
maximum_volume=18000

[LEFT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=bmtouch4
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_volume=16000
maximum_volume=18000

[RIGHT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=bmtouch4
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_volume=16000
maximum_volume=18000
  • Upvote 1

Nice! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

New external engine sounds for the 441: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsnds&DLID=189658

And I have copied FSW441gearup.wav and FSW441geardown.wav from the MU-2B, and reduced the volume for all TPE331*.wav files using Audacity as described in http://www.avsim.com/topic/282671-tutorial-lowering-vc-engine-sounds/

For a more noisy tochdown sound you could edit your sound.cfg and use the settings from the MU-2B:

[CENTER_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=bmtouch4
flags=0 
viewpoint=1
minimum_volume=16000
maximum_volume=18000

[LEFT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=bmtouch4
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_volume=16000
maximum_volume=18000

[RIGHT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=bmtouch4
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_volume=16000
maximum_volume=18000

yes thanks for that, have been trying a similar thing, could you have a look at the roll out sounds in the config file, not to sure if the link is correct.

Some of my sound files, flaps & landing gear didn't play any sound track on the wave files so had to swap those as well.(from the 402)

Apart from these minor points realy enjoying the c441,

bob

The flaps and gear sounds are set to have no sounds because in the real aircraft you can't hear them. 

My tech guy insisted i do this. But i now realize what if the engine just cut off you might here them. So i plan to add them at a low volume.

And i am going to test the landing sounds as i noticed they were there but very quiet. I will try the code posted above.

By the way 10,000 is the max you can set maximum volume.

We have a new version coming soon with 2 GTN 750 units.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The flaps and gear sounds are set to have no sounds because in the real aircraft you can't hear them. 

My tech guy insisted i do this. But i now realize what if the engine just cut off you might here them. So i plan to add them at a low volume.

And i am going to test the landing sounds as i noticed they were there but very quiet. I will try the code posted above.

We have a new version coming soon with 2 GTN 750 units.

Thanks for reply.

José Luís