What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Iron Maiden's new 747-400 for their next world tour
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
Magnetic variation updates for FS9 and FSX!
141 replies to this topic
Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:38 PM
I'm not sure how I never knew about this, but someone created new magdec.bgl files for both FS9 and FSX that update both sims to the latest real world variation data. If you've ever wondered why the extended runway centerline on the ND doesn't line up with the waypoints of the approach - this is the reason. Both sims have old magnetic variation data while the positions of waypoints in the navdata are calculated using the current variation data.Download it here at the upper left and read the instructions - I'm using the 2010 files now for both sims and the stuff on the ND is way closer to how it should be now.http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.htmlKudos to whoever did this!
For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com
Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:19 PM
Thanks Ryan and everyone else involved in this update. Another increase in accuracy for our hobby.
"To most the sky is the limit but to me it's home"
Rick Harms (CYVR) i7 email@example.com (for now) asus p6t v2, 6gb ocz 1600 CL7 ram. BFG 285 oc, vista 64, Samsung 52" 1080p lcd track IR5.
PMDG j41, 747-400x, 747-8i/f, NGX.......Finally!!!!
Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:14 AM
Yes, but back up your old one first, in case things go sideways on you
I could not find the instructions for where to place the new file. Does the file go into the scenery/base/scenery and replace the magdec.bgl file?thanks, William Lutterodt