Sign in to follow this  
Airbusman

777 retirements

well that just makes me want to be a BA pilot in a few years even more...

thanks for that info, never knew that....

Much easier said than done, like most things in Aviation. Even if you did join BA don't expect to get on the Long Haul 777 Fleet no time soon, a good friend of mine has only just been moved to it. Taken him nearly 30 Years to get to that level of seniority! And for there to be vacant space on the fleet. If you were desperate to fly the 777 and get on Long Haul quicker, a lot like myself. You've got a better chance of going to a smaller, Low Cost Airline and stay for a little over 5 Years then go to an Airline like Emirates. Who hire from 2,500 Jet Engine Hours. That would personally be very ideal for me, but first must pass training & get that first Job which is always the hardest.

If it's the 767-400ER cockpit then it is the same thing!

What I am trying to say (again) its not like it makes any difference.

Take a look at this 747 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOEING-747-400-COCKPIT-/221022079354?pt=Motors_Aviation_Parts_Gear&hash=item3375f1497a&vxp=mtr it is not like you would get a cockpit in significantly different state... well some may include the chairs, some may include some leftover gauges... but its not like you could reuse displays or so....

Much easier said than done, like most things in Aviation. Even if you did join BA don't expect to get on the Long Haul 777 Fleet no time soon, a good friend of mine has only just been moved to it. Taken him nearly 30 Years to get to that level of seniority! And for there to be vacant space on the fleet. If you were desperate to fly the 777 and get on Long Haul quicker, a lot like myself. You've got a better chance of going to a smaller, Low Cost Airline and stay for a little over 5 Years then go to an Airline like Emirates. Who hire from 2,500 Jet Engine Hours. That would personally be very ideal for me, but first must pass training & get that first Job which is always the hardest.

I understand that, but hey, we all have dreams :)

hell, i may not even be able to become a pilot, let alone work for a Large Airline....

A 2 second search of his name into amazon brought the book up, it would have taken you less time to do that then post here ;)

http://www.amazon.co...37326571&sr=8-1

I Suuuuppooooossssseeeeeee, but yet again....

:LMAO:

It's called "Thirty Seconds to Impact."

It is available at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.co...37324933&sr=8-1

Thank you for the infomation!!! :hi: