Sign in to follow this  
nudata

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION

You should probably tell how you made the switch ? How did you uninstall the old card drivers ? Did you delete the shader cache ? Reinstall P3D ?

Go through everything step-by-step as sounds like you missed something. And don't forget the rest of your system specification.

I'm sure others wlll tell you what a strange choice the... 

... card was  :smile:

How did you uninstall the old card drivers ? Did you delete the shader cache ?

Yes and yes

Reinstall P3D ?

No...I have a lot of mods, reinstall it for so long;(

I;m sure others wll tell you what a strange choice the

Why strange choice? new graphics card I got for free...

CPU i7 3770K, 12 gb ddr3.

P.S my bad english, I'm sorry..

My simple perspective on FFTF is that (whatever it is that needs to be done to those frames) was originally designed to take 33 percent of the processor cycles on the core running the main FSX thread, if run on "a strong PC" from around the time when FSX was originally released - something like a 2.5 GHz dual core.

With the faster and more efficient processors of today, one can probably aim for around half that amount (it 's still work that needs to be done on the "fiber" core!).

I use a somewhat conservative value of 0.20 in both FSX and P3D, it works well on my 4.3 GHz 2500K.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I really wonder where some of these numbers come from. N4Gix has already posted Phil Taylor's link and there are several others from other members of Aces that describe FFTF.

FFTF has a range of 0.10  to 0.50

FFTF DEFAULTS to 0.33

anything ABOVE (0.51) or below (0.01) are not valid.

What I can't remember and don't have time to search out is what happens when there is an INVALID (0.01) number -

it is either ignored completely, which would mean the default 0.33 is used OR is is changed to the next valid value - meaning that 0.01 would change to 0.10 and 0.60 would change to 0.50.

I'm pretty sure it defaults to next valid but that's from memory.

From what has been said  neither LM nor the FSX:SE folks have made any changes to that structure.

The other and more critical statement by Phil Taylor is that FFTF doesn't work on multicore CPU's at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've got a 4 core 3770 and if I put any FFTF in I get stutters. So I'm not sure that I could confirm that it doesn't affect multicore.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

So from my understanding is that the 3 must have tweaks for the .cfg file are:

AffinityMask

FFTF

Optimize_Parts (But this is already set to 1 when installing P3D v3)

I'm curious and will try this tweak today. 

Does anyone use the Bufferpools tweak anymore with p3d? Is it necessary?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

With P3D there are no must have tweaks. Some systems don't use any of those tweaks. I only use the optimize. Fly and test and you will know what's best for your system.

I remember reading this thread and FTFF and affinity mask causes stutters for my system in some situations.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Does anyone use the Bufferpools tweak anymore with p3d? Is it necessary?

According to NickN, bufferpools is no longer needed and in fact, does not work in P3D.

The other tweaks you posted are not mandatory and should be applied on a per system basis only if they provide an improvement - as in some cases, they make it worse

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors