Sign in to follow this  
BlueFinn

Very poor FPS

Hello

Im getting terrible FPS with P3D V3, and I have a highly new pc with new components:

I7-6700k @ 4.5 GHz

GTX 980 TI

16 GB RAM

1 x 240 GB SSD, 1 x 500 GB SSD

When I still had P3D v2.5, I could run it with all addons (REX 4 clouds, ASN, Majestic dash 8, ftx global/vector/openlc/ftx regions) at around 40-50 fps on high settings.

I've applied the same settings to P3D V3 now and I cant get anymore than 16 FPS, it doesnt matter what setting I change it always gets to about 16 FPS, its like something is limiting my FPS but I've selected unlimited FPS with Vsync as I have a 144 hz monitor with nvidia G-Sync.

I've made a clean install of Windows 7 before I installed P3D V3

What could be wrong?

Disable Vsync

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hi,

Numerous individuals have this issue, myself included. I hover around 20 no mater what I do with the sliders. I7-4790K @ 4.0, three Titan X superclocked video boards and three 75" 4K monitors. Same setup in P3Dv2 I get over 65fps.

There is an Nvidia driver and/or P3D3 display issue here. No doubt about it.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Numerous individuals have this issue, myself included. I hover around 20 no mater what I do with the sliders. I7-4790K @ 4.0, three Titan X superclocked video boards and three 75" 4K monitors. Same setup in P3Dv2 I get over 65fps.

There is an Nvidia driver and/or P3D3 display issue here. No doubt about it.

That is "good" to hear, I hope they will find a solution for this soon..

A stupid question, but have you played around with with FPS limiter?  When you start P3Dv3 for the first time, the FPS is locked to 20 by default.

try to reduce the level of tessellation at least the simulator controls

try to reduce the level of tessellation at least the simulator controls

Been there, done that, no change.

Okey so here is what I just found out: When I put my mouse cursor on the second screen and click something there I suddenly get 60-70 fps, when I got back into P3D and click on it the FPS drop down to 16

Seems like the old mouse FPS drop bug from FSX is back

Have you installed any REX textures/clouds?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you installed any REX textures/clouds?

No, its just like fresh installed

Sounds like a multi monitor issue of sorts as I am not seeing this with one monitor

Rich Sennett

i'm with Richard on that one;

sounds like NVidia driver issue of some sort, (maybe new SLI bug)

Okey im back from trying out p3d with only one monitor and I still get the same result, fps only go up when the mouse cursor is for example on the taskbar

try uninstall the driver with DDU in safemode and reinstall with a clean installation,

then delete your P3D.cfg and let it rebuild

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png