Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

UT2 for V3

Speaking of UT2.. If I import a schedule for example Alpha Indias summer 2015 SouthWest and load it into UT2, what happens to the Southwest schedule that was already in UT2? Do I need to disable the old southwest schedule somehow? Any help is appreciated. 

It should have no effect on existing UT2 flightplans, powerpack will install a separate schedule and any conflicts it finds should show up when your doing it. you will need to delete any schedules you want removed manually.

tpewpb-6.png

You uncheck the southwest in the database settings in the ut2. Therefore it won't load up. Then you import the ai alpha one so it uses that one. As I said countless times its very simple, and the whole process takes about 3 minutes.

Any questions send me a pm

14ppkc-6.png

I installed ut 2 on p3d v3 but when i open p3d i get a message saying this feature requires that {smartassembly} is available on this computer

Alexander Shepherd

As far as I can remember I followed this video and all is working perfectly:

Followed those directions yet I continue to get the following error when launching UT2:

Program Error Erroro loading aircraft assignments InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name: SelectIndex

When I try to select the ability to manage the repaints I am forced to quit UT2.

I did have a folder of 3rd party AI, which I have removed from all SimObjects.cfg files, reinstalled UT2 using the method above, yet still can't get UT2 to work.

Any ideas guys?  Since my computer is a day old, should I do a new clean P3Dv3 install and the first install after that be UT2?

Thanks!

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

Followed those directions yet I continue to get the following error when launching UT2:

When I try to select the ability to manage the repaints I am forced to quit UT2.

I did have a folder of 3rd party AI, which I have removed from all SimObjects.cfg files, reinstalled UT2 using the method above, yet still can't get UT2 to work.

Any ideas guys? Since my computer is a day old, should I do a new clean P3Dv3 install and the first install after that be UT2?

Thanks!

post your sim objects cfg file

post your sim objects cfg file

Posted below.  UT2 does work in P3Dv3, I get my AI aircraft, I just can't update any of the repaints.
[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.1]
Title=Default Avatars
Path=SimObjects\Avatars
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.2]
Title=Default Rotorcraft
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.3]
Title=Default Ground Vehicles
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.4]
Title=Default Boats
Path=SimObjects\Boats
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.5]
Title=Default Animals
Path=SimObjects\Animals
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.6]
Title=Default Misc
Path=SimObjects\Misc
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.7]
Title=Default Submersible
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.8]
Title=Default Weapons
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.10]
Title=UT2 Aircraft
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Active=True
Required=True

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

When I launch P3Dv3 it plays the UT2 song, then about 10 seconds later I get this pop up and the UT2 Initiated song tries to play another 5 times or so.

p3dut2error_zps25yhu1wc.jpg

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

When I launch P3Dv3 it plays the UT2 song, then about 10 seconds later I get this pop up and the UT2 Initiated song tries to play another 5 times or so.

p3dut2error_zps25yhu1wc.jpg

Your config file looks ok. Are you using the migration tool?

Do you have MSI Afterburner running ? If so, this is the problem. I have to shutdown MSI Afterburner for UT2 to run properly.

If you have not MSI Afterburner maybe it is an another software that cause this issue.

Your config file looks ok. Are you using the migration tool?

Used the migration tool, installed it to my P3D location (E:\Prepar3d_v3).  When I try to launch UT2 (just did ANOTHER install) it asks for my FSX.cfg file and then for FSX itself.  Not sure what to do there, I thought the Migration tool would handle that stuff.  I don't understand why I cant get this to work.

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

Used the migration tool, installed it to my P3D location (E:\Prepar3d_v3).  When I try to launch UT2 (just did ANOTHER install) it asks for my FSX.cfg file and then for FSX itself.  Not sure what to do there, I thought the Migration tool would handle that stuff.  I don't understand why I cant get this to work.

are you enabling the migration tool before you start ut2?

are you enabling the migration tool before you start ut2?

Yes.  Migration tool stays enabled unless I am installing something with a P3Dv3 installer.

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

Hello Rob,

I'm not sure if this will help your situation but I have run across both errors you are talking about with the stop sign and also the inability to assign repaints and having UT2 crash.  UT2 gets its repaint information from the FSX.cfg file and not the P3D.cfg or the SimObjects.cfg.  The SimObjects.cfg is only there to tell P3D where to load the AI from.  For your repaints you will need to add a SimObjects entry into the FSX.cfg for that directory.  You will also need to have a copy of the aircraft and their textures in the SimObjects directory of P3D.  If you are like me and you've installed your AI in a folder outside the P3D root you will need to also have any aircraft that you wish to assign within UT2 inside the P3D root and in the SimObjects folder.  This is where UT2 finds the repaints...hope this makes sense.

As for the stop sign error I belive it had to do with the exe.xml file.  I removed the UT2 entry from the exe.xml file and ran P3D and the problem went away because UT2 wasn't being loaded.  I then added the UT2 entry back into the exe.xml file as the bottom entry and the problem never came back.  The exe.xml file was somehow corrupt.  I verified this by manually running the UT2Services.exe file while P3D was running without the entry in the exe.xml file.  I'm running UT2 now and assigning repaints with no problems...

Brandon

Hello Rob,

I'm not sure if this will help your situation but I have run across both errors you are talking about with the stop sign and also the inability to assign repaints and having UT2 crash.  UT2 gets its repaint information from the FSX.cfg file and not the P3D.cfg or the SimObjects.cfg.  The SimObjects.cfg is only there to tell P3D where to load the AI from.  For your repaints you will need to add a SimObjects entry into the FSX.cfg for that directory.  You will also need to have a copy of the aircraft and their textures in the SimObjects directory of P3D.  If you are like me and you've installed your AI in a folder outside the P3D root you will need to also have any aircraft that you wish to assign within UT2 inside the P3D root and in the SimObjects folder.  This is where UT2 finds the repaints...hope this makes sense.

As for the stop sign error I belive it had to do with the exe.xml file.  I removed the UT2 entry from the exe.xml file and ran P3D and the problem went away because UT2 wasn't being loaded.  I then added the UT2 entry back into the exe.xml file as the bottom entry and the problem never came back.  The exe.xml file was somehow corrupt.  I verified this by manually running the UT2Services.exe file while P3D was running without the entry in the exe.xml file.  I'm running UT2 now and assigning repaints with no problems...

Brandon

Thanks Brandon.  I don't have FSX installed since this is a brand new computer and I was hoping to just run P3D.  Did you copy the P3D.cfg and rename it FSX.cfg?   That's what I did.

Every time I try to launch UT2 it asks for the FSX.cfg file (even though I directed to the one in the P3D Roaming folder) and the FSX.EXE file ( in my main P3D folder thanks to EMT).  Did I do something wrong for that to happen?

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

I installed my DVD copy with no problem but the program is not 100% working.   It will not honor the settings I select in the settings.    Example;   I set total number of plane spawns allowed to 60 but it will still spawn in 300+ in busy airports instead of just 60.   Anyone else finding that UT2 won't honor it's settings in P3D?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy