•  

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.

Photo
- - - - -

GTN 750 - Import Flightplans

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aerostar

aerostar

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:06 AM

Does anyone know of a converter that can convert .PLN format to Garmin's .GFP format for flightplans... then they could be imported into the GTN750 ?

Thanks

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 JYW

JYW

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Sadly, it's been investigated a few times and is not possible. :(

Bill (JYW) fnl.jpg

#3 scottb613

scottb613

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hi Aero,

Just an FYI in case you're not aware...

The GTN has "Airways" built into the database - so it makes creating a flight plan almost too easy and really quick... I always use RW flight plans off of FltPlan.com - and it specifies the airways - simply click on the entry fix in the GTN and select "Load Airways" - scroll through the list of airways to select the one you want - then click the exit fix - - - depending on how you fly - it could potentially add 50 waypoints or more automatically - it's almost like having a baby FMC... While the old GNS was pretty tedious for creating flight plans - the GTN is almost fun...

Regards,
Scott
N63503 - 1982 Beech Sundowner
The Real Tin Mouse
The Office

#4 airernie

airernie

• Donor
  • 676 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Does anyone know of a converter that can convert .PLN format to Garmin's .GFP format for flightplans... then they could be imported into the GTN750 ?

Thanks

aero

You might take a look at LittleNavmap.  The author has been doing some work on importing .pln files to the 750.

Not sure of the progress since I don't have the Garmin but it might be worth a look.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

#5 PaulFWatts

PaulFWatts

Beta Tester - Little Navmap

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 AM

Yes, LittleNavMap can do this.

Paul Watts - Gold Coast Australia

(i7 6700K, 16Gb, GTX 1080, 50" 4K Monitor, 21" Acer touch screen, Windows 10, Prepar3d, X-Plane, ORBX, Rex, ActiveSky16)

#6 JYW

JYW

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:57 AM

Yes, LittleNavMap can do this.

I stand corrected, that's excellent!  Downloading now. Cheers.

Bill (JYW) fnl.jpg

#7 PaulFWatts

PaulFWatts

Beta Tester - Little Navmap

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Another nice touch with LittleNavmap is you can start a Flight Plan from a "route string" from another flight planning site (e.g. obtaining a real world route), see it on the map, make any adjustments if you wish, and then save this as a .pln and .gfp.

Very soon you will also be able to see STARS and SIDS drawn on the map.

It's a great flight planning tool with moving map and amazing that it's free.

Paul Watts - Gold Coast Australia

(i7 6700K, 16Gb, GTX 1080, 50" 4K Monitor, 21" Acer touch screen, Windows 10, Prepar3d, X-Plane, ORBX, Rex, ActiveSky16)

#8 aerostar

aerostar

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:33 AM

Thanks very much guys.  I now have LittleNavMap and it's very good, when SID and STAR capable will be excellent, it did the conversion and the route is now in the GTN750. 

I've now worked out how to load the airways and that works very good too... also I made a route in Notepad++ and it worked as well...    woohoo

The GTN is not too bad after all...

Thanks again for your help..

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png