Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glaudrung

Locked out? (finally...)

Guest Glaudrung

Guys,after using the link that I found in the mail, I usually get a ('the') famous white screen stating that the site is too busy...Ok, but now I find another one that states that the site probably has been closed or moved to a different location.So It's a fair guess to state I have locked myself out...?Luc Brusselmans(And I still am convinced this is a lousy way of distributing this update, even if there is no other way...)

Guest keith_yingling

Its all these dudes on their dial ups. Get me in there and Ill be out of your hair in 2 minutes! :-)Keith Yingling

Guest KevinShea

No kidding, I really think all the broadband people should be given some sort of special area since all of us will be in and out in 5 minutes each!!!Kevin

Guest Fluxuated

Please don't start the "I'm better than you, because I have a faster modem" debate.

Gents-LUC: Checked your account. You ahve not been locked out.All Others: Dialup? Nah... We can tell the difference while monitoring connections.... VERY VERY Few dialup connectors... so don't blame those guys!The problem is that we have a few folks who are running multiple download applications and hitting the server with thousands of hits per minute.... That is only serving to distract the machines from what we'd like them to be doing...We'll be installing some software tomorrow to shut those operations down.... so you'll see some improvement as the day goes on...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Good!I'll admit I've been trying out that approach, but only for a few minutes at a time, a couple of times a day...no use anyway-Robert, wouldn't it be an idea to put up a specific NOTAM warning about these countermeasures so people will ease off doing this?Thanks, Martijn

"We'll be installing some software tomorrow to shut those operations down.... so you'll see some improvement as the day goes on..."That's good. I figured we were dealing with a bunch of robotic server accesses.Bruce.

And how about removing the "we recommend using Download Accelerator.." from the login page? Not only does it contain spyware it also appears to be the reason for all of us being unable to download the file!I am not using any auto progs just a mouse click - for the past 36 hours!

Guest sj3

Bruce,I can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for PMDG's suggestion here re: DAP.Will I get rid of everything just through a normal Windows uninstall of DAP, or do I need to do more to return to the clean system I had before.Feeling like an idiot,sj Mantel,KEWR

Some of us have purchased DAP and so don't have the spyware issue.PMDG are able to limit the number of connections so this is not necessarily the problem. I don't think this is what is causing the DOS like attachs.DAP doesn't keep repeating the connection test all the time, unlike some of the other Accelerators.Where DAP has the advantage over the standard accelerators is that you can re-start a download. With a 69MB download, you don't want your connection to die at 65MB and have to start again.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)PS I still haven't been able to get my upgarde yet.

Guest mvf1981

Yes their will be loads of spyware on your PC (sorry to say this)Answer is to download SPYBOT or some other spyware removal utilitythere are many if you search on google :)hope this helpsMark

Yes I know. Me too. I must run the apps mentioned in this thread to get rid of the spy-ware. I tried it last night and figured that it is totally useless, other than perhaps being able to restore a download. I'll wait a few weeks before trying to get this PMDG bird. And I probably wouldn't bother if they didn't have my money :).Thanks,Bruce.