Sign in to follow this  
Guest alextooi

How often are you using Virtual cockpit...?

Guest carlonch

Hello:1) I don

1) With LDS, a lot. Very often for landing, and takeoffs, sometimes in cruise. I'd say with LDS like 50% of a time for sure, if not more.With other addons, almost never to never. 5%. For taxiing maybe in PMDG.3) MCP (NO overhead)4) hopefully as real (fluent gauges) and better "accessible"5) wouldn't put it that way. good coding + fast machine = higher realism & better FPS :-)

Never.I just don't like it compared to the 2d...on any of the aircraft I have on my system.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

1) hardly ever. 2) only during taxi and non-precision (handflown) approaches.3) PFD, ND and sometimes MCP4) no5) yes. I'd not be bothered if there wasn't one

Guest dpc

99% of the time I use VC. If a plane does not have a good VC, I don't fly it.Dave

I don't understand when people say it's not realistic... that doesn't make sense. If you are flying a simulator, wouldn't the most realistic view be from the eyes of the pilot? I guess some people think they sit in the captains chair and have every button laid out for them right in plain view without even moving your head...Now those that say they get horrible frames, that's a good reason to never use the VC. I saved up and am almost done building a rig that will (hopefully) let me fly any airplane from the VC. It is so realistic and gives you such a sense of being there... can't wait!And I'm 100% of the time, unless the airplane has some switches like lights that are not clickable in the VC (like the posky 757) It takes some tweaking of the viewpoint settings to give yourself a boost when in the VC and to back myself up a bit but once there, it's unbelievable. I rarely use the AP but I find myself once in a while in bad weather using that from the VC the most. Hopefully in the next version m$ will help out those without thousands of dollars to upgrade and make using the VC acceptable on frames.

Guest ZOTAN

I would like to use VC more often but my computer cant handle it. Right now I just use it with my GA aircraft, and none of the larger, payware aircraft. I am slowly building my new computer as funds permit and eventually Im hoping that my PMDG 737 and the 747 (when it comes out) will run fine in VC.

Guest Knikolaes

Wow. What a disappointment seeing Framerates as the main issue for not using a VC :-(My system is a simple, average system and I get no frames at all on any VC's. I just need a bit more memory and my sliders can be maxed for terrain and scenery.

Guest Jean Claude

1) Never2) N/A3) N/A4) No5) Yes, VC development or design is FOR ME a waste of time and money.Jean-ClaudeCYQB

>Dear PMDG Flyers,>> 1)How often % you guys are using the virtual cockpit?> 2)If yes, in what kind of Flight phase...?> 3)What is the most instrument (eg. MCP, CDU....etc) use in> virtual cockpit> 4)Do you think, Virtual cockpit should develop as real as > 2D panel > Or> 5)Do you need the better FPS by reduce the realistic of > Virtual cockpit development or design...?>>B/Regards...Alex OoiAlex1) 2) 3) 100% VC user.5) Do not reduce realism of VC.RegardsHoward

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest Dash8driver

Never. There is no need to. All the information such as the PFD all the way down to the last switch or indicator light is quickly reachable and readable from the 2D panel access.

I never used the VC until I purchased the track ir 3pro with Vector Expansion. Now I have 6 DOF, which includes zooming into the panels when I move my head towards the screen. I can even move left and right in my seat. I can see every button and display perfect now. It really is amazing using this hardware.

Keith Sandford.

Guest HepburnUGA

Always.