Sign in to follow this  
hseilz747

747 Advanced Operations Tutorial released

>Michael, do you have an example of this data? I have whatever I printed over 6 months ago. It was posted either on this on the old PMDG forum by Jon B. - the PMDG tester and the 744 pilot. Unfortunately I no longer have it in the electronic form. > for a similar time/weather from some past date?It has nothing to do with time and/or weather (except corrections for temp. and wind). It is performance takeoff data prepared for specific airplane/airline for a given runway.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

> except corrections for temp. and wind). It is performance takeoff>data prepared for specific airplane/airline for a given>runway.That's what I meant by the time of the day and weather (visibility, temp and winds).If you could scan or find any other way to post the principle abstracts of what you got there and find pertinent to this discussion, would be much appreciated since you pointed to a serious discrepancy. Until someone comes up with a more full example of the flight dispatch.

Michael -don't worry, you're not going to run out of fuel short of KSFO ;-)No, seriously: Actually you are right about the fuel adjustment, but, you're normally planning to arrive with about 10 tons of fuel left - which you are, if flying with 133 tons total FOB and using up the contingency fuel of 10 tons. With a fuel load of - theoretically correct - almost 160 tons (including all reserves), you'd end up with more than 30 tons of fuel left for landing, associated with a very high LW and corresponding high approach speeds.I've seen 120 tons used as a real world figure (unfortunately withot knowing the respecive ZFW). So for the tutorial I had a wide range of 120 to 160 tons to choose from... I decided to go the practical way and use whatever figure would end up with roughly the real amount of fuel at landing - hence the 133 tons.Might be something to tweak for an updated version of the tutorial, though :)Regards,Holger.>But I do have a question ...were you really able to fly this>route with this much fuel?. It seems you underestimated fuel>required. First, your ZFW is quite high - below MZFW but still>high. Your planned landing weight is 259 t. which is 43 t.>above the table value of 216 which forces you to make>adjustments. For your distance of 5200 NM you need just about>100 t. of enroute fuel but because of your extra LW weight you>need extra (11 hrs of flight) 0.4*11*(259-216)/4.5 = 42 t of>fuel for total of 100 + 42 = 142 t of fuel. Your 112 t.of>enroute fuel doesn't seem like nearly adequate amount.>>Too bad Lufthansa did not share with you 744 takeoff/derate>data for the Frankfurt/runway airport - it would have been a>nice professional touch and would show folks how such tables>are used.>>Michael J.>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gif>http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest RollsRoyce

Absolutely brilliantly written tutorial. You have gone through every single phase of the flight with so much detail. Spent 3 hours reading it over coffee and I am so much more amazed at the capability of this airplane! It is absolutely astounding at what it can do! Truly remarkable!A very, very, well written professional document for a fine airplane built by a fine company. We are all truly grateful for this tutorial, just sheer brilliance!Well Done!Bilal

Bilal -that's just what I wanted to achieve.. showing virtual pilots what capabilities the aeroplane actually has - and how much of them this great simulation includes. Nice to see that you like it!Guys, I am a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of positive feedback I have received during the last days - thanks for that! Plus almost 5000 downloads so far. I really didn't expect that people were so much in need for a nice little training guide :-hah Cheers!Holger

Holger,Kudos on your ouvre! It was a very nice tutorial. I most appreciate the section where you describe in detail the SID at EDDF; I am getting the guts to fly from there a la VATSIM someday. Your English is right on, and very fluid (you disclosed that since it wasn't your mutter sprache, you were apologizing in advance for any idiosyncrasies). This is a wonderful contribution.Thank you,Tomas

Guest laurie0236

Hello HolgerMany thanks for a superb tutorial which I have been following today and flying the plan as you supplied.All was well until I got to the 03.40 after takeoff segment. I completed the requirements of that portion which simply asked me to change from Mag to True on the navigation.I checked approx 1 hour later - 4.40 after takeoff and found that my plane had been returned to the original ramp position in a cold and dark state waiting for the origianl inputs.There were no other messages as to why this had happended and I am puzzled to find any explanation.I wonder if you or anyone else have any information that would help me solve this problem for me.RegardsLawrence ChriscoleSkelmersdaleUK

Guest kame

Dear Holger,Please let me know why Skip ZFW for now on the Page 43 until Page 51.The figure MCDU MOD RTE 1 LEGS on the Page 45 seems the after enter the ZFW.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Lawrence -This is really strange because the HDG REF switch has no consequence on navigation whatsoever. The plane should just continue on it's predefined track. In your case, it seems that the flight reset occured due to a crash of some kind.Things to check:- Current flightlevel 350?- Fuel configuration ok, e.g. no engine in danger of running dry?- AFDS modes LNAV + VNAV engaged?- Nav Display + FMC legs show no waypoint problems?All I can think of at the moment. You should also try DISABLING crash detection in the realism menu. Let me know how it works!Holger.

Kan-ichiro -The reason is simple: In real world operations, the ZFW is never really predictable due to last-minute changes in passenger loading, cargo and so on.That's why the flight crew enters ZFW as late as possible (until they receive their final loadsheet). If you take a look at page 51, you'll see that we complete performance entries a bit later and also finalize FMC preparations.Kind regards,Holger.

Guest kame

Holger -Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand.Really realism! Your Tutorial is the first one among many sim Tutorials.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Holger,Thank you for a really great tutorial, I'm flying it now and am approaching Greenland atm.The immersion factor within this tutorial is wonderful, I feel that I am really doing it.The climbout sounds of the fully loaded 744 is superb and the guidance nothing short of professional.Thank you a thousand times, this is the best to date I have read.I must get around to reading Roberts ones sometime, hehe.

Dave Taylor gb.png