Sign in to follow this  
hseilz747

747 Advanced Operations Tutorial released

Holger - if you'd like to consider adding your tutorial to Ops as an article, we'd be thrilled!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you very much, Holger.

Guest Clansman

Hi,Brilliant! I've been reading it at work... It's well written, detailed but not too much, very informative, well structured, etc.Really top of the range tutorial. Goes straight into the top 5(*).Cheers,Pedro Venda.(*): My personal opinion.

Hi HolgerThis is absolutely fantastic. Great stuff. A+!I couldn't fault it mate.Well done and thank-you so much for your very hard work and sacrificed time.Thank-you again, this is fantastic.CheersRudy.

Guest gremel

Great stuff. Hey Chuck, I think we're neighbors...Regards,jackKGSP

>Dear Holger,>>Great!!!!>>Excellent work, Japanese say "A man, when old, should obey his>son.">>I am 78-year old, a retired textile enginner. I have been>loving Airplane since my boyhood and enjoying lately Flight>Simulator.>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ichiro FushiharaSorry for o/t, but when I read this message to my family, they said they were very much impressed with you, Kan-ichiro, and with my flightsim hobby from now on, since so wise people like your good self are also into it.Thanks,Dirk.

>Excellent work, Japanese say "A man, when old, should obey his>son.">>I am 78-year old, a retired textile enginner. I have been>loving Airplane since my boyhood and enjoying lately Flight>Simulator.>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ichiro FushiharaThis is a very inspiring attitude, considering most people in your age that I know wouldn't even touch a computer...Have great fun with the 747!

>Holger - if you'd like to consider adding your tutorial to>Ops as an article, we'd be thrilled!Sure thing, Ryan. Due to the complex formatting I'm not sure if it is easily possible to convert the document into wiki markup language as you outlined in your post regarding Ops. In case it's possible to upload a PDF plus the supplementary files, I'd be happy to do it.Kind regards

Guest kame

>, considering most people in>your age that I know wouldn't even touch a computer...>>Have great fun with the 747!I have begun Flight Simulator with MICROSOFT Flight Simulator for the Apple Macintosh in 1986. I am using the fourth my own making PC of Athlon 2.00 GHz since four years ago.I'm enjoying Airliners Concorde SSTSIM and Level-D 767 together with PMDG 747 400/400F now and looking forward to release of PMDG A320 ("fully realized Fly-By-Wire simulation" as Randozza said before).I wish your fruitful works and enjoyments on the Flight Simulator from now on.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest tmetzinger

A very nice job - congratulations!-Tim Metzinger

Guest kame

Sorry, I have forgotten Airliners PMDG 737-600/700, /800/900 and RFP B747-200.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest dirk1000

Hi Holger,Really a masterpiece! Thanks for the gift.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Thanks Holger from both me and the cartridge and paper salesman. He just loves it when I get a new manual to print. :-lolAnother fine manual printed out in best format and wirebound. A great addition to my collection of 'how to do it properly' instruction manuals.Thanks again.

Holger,This tutorial has a look and feel of a well designed glossy brochure.But I do have a question ...were you really able to fly this route with this much fuel?. It seems you underestimated fuel required. First, your ZFW is quite high - below MZFW but still high. Your planned landing weight is 259 t. which is 43 t. above the table value of 216 which forces you to make adjustments. For your distance of 5200 NM you need just about 100 t. of enroute fuel but because of your extra LW weight you need extra (11 hrs of flight) 0.4*11*(259-216)/4.5 = 42 t of fuel for total of 100 + 42 = 142 t of fuel. Your 112 t.of enroute fuel doesn't seem like nearly adequate amount.Too bad Lufthansa did not share with you 744 takeoff/derate data for the Frankfurt/runway airport - it would have been a nice professional touch and would show folks how such tables are used.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

>Too bad Lufthansa did not share with you 744 takeoff/derate>data for the Frankfurt/runway airport - it would have been a>nice professional touch and would show folks how such tables>are used.Michael, do you have an example of this data? Sounds like you have it so could you please post an example of it for a similar time/weather from some past date?Thanks,Dirk.