Sign in to follow this  
hseilz747

747 Advanced Operations Tutorial released

Fellow captains -First the Type Courses, then PMDG Ops and now here's a third new training resource for your PMDG 747:The Advanced Operations TutorialLufthansa Flight 454: Frankfurt - San FranciscoBased on real airline procedure manuals, this tutorial for the PMDG 747 takes you from Europe to the United States. It covers every aspect of transcontinental airline flying, from preflight planning to engine shutdown. This is the most comprehensive training guide released yet. While primarily aimed at those who are unfamiliar with the PMDG 747, advanced users also may find new concepts. It is the perfect basis for the new Type Course lessons.Actually I planned to finish this project almost 6 months ago, but real life issues kept me from doing so. Since there was a lot of work involved with creating this document, I thought it might still be of interest to many new users - better late than never, right? ;-)As for the required time: 12 hours if you want to do in real time. Take it as a challenge! I decided to base the tutorial on a long haul flight because this allows in-depth discussion of vital things such as fuel planning, alternates, step climbs and in-flight fuel management.Download here:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=86332Any feedback is of course appreciated.Best regards,Holger Seilz.

Holger,This is an absolutely great piece of work you put together! Thanks so much for sharing it and I know I'll be using it on my next flight to polish my technique even further. :)

Guest bigun

Great job Holger and Thank You! It is obvious you have put a tremendous amount of work in this project and it shows!!Thanks Again.

fantastic and professional job Holger!thank you so much :-)now, I must find the time to fly those 12 hours over the ocean!ladies and gents, immediate boarding!!david

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Excellent workVery impressiveGood luck in your future endeavorsBo

Bo Klop

I don;t know what it is I like best about PMDG: the planes they put together or the people they put together. Honestly, I have met many kind people and made many good friends since I started coming to this PMDG-supported forum.Thank you for this excellent work Holger. This hobby wouldn't be half of what it is if it weren't for guys like you and customer-oriented companies like Precion Manuals.Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Holger,A very grateful "thank you" for this outstanding guide. Very nice to have as a reference and tutorial and it certainly adds to my understanding of the procedures for long-haul flights. Thank you so much for this. Even though I'm not a "new user", I find it an outstanding resource and highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in realistic simulation of real-world flight operations using the PMDG 747-400.Tim

Holger,That was absolutely fantastic reading. Congratulations on this one. I really felt like I was there at all times. Although I have many hours logged in this brilliant sim, as always, I have learned some new stuff again.Cheers,

wow what a great piece of work Holger. Absolutely fantastic. Should be pinned at the top of this forum in my opinion along with the TRC

Excellent job Holger. Well written and thorough. Thanks! Joe

Well, thank you very much for the kind words, guys! I'm rally glad that most people seem to like it so far.Oh, and did I already mention that time compression or saving the flight are options in case someone wouldn't want to be available for 12 hours? ;)

Guest pierre974

Great job !Very professional and easy-to-read tutorial.Helpful for beginners - a mandatory companion of the type course lessons.A must have.All thumbs up *:-*

Guest kame

Dear Holger,Great!!!!Excellent work, Japanese say "A man, when old, should obey his son."I am 78-year old, a retired textile enginner. I have been loving Airplane since my boyhood and enjoying lately Flight Simulator.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara